cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout on a Saturday

Just received a payout this Saturday morning. I've never had a payout over a weekend before. Is this common?

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Payout on a Saturday

Higher fees? Where?

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

@householdrecycle wrote:

eBay is sending money to our bank accounts..  Many other institutions (aside from e-sales sites) transfer money every Monday morning just like that. So many many many more.  My point is that processing payments for the Fed's 7:30AM Monday queue over a weekend is going to slow down nothing. Your assertion that because they are being broken down that somehow it's going to slow down the process is just flat wrong. If a payment file is sent before the Fed's business hour cutoff time, and there are multiple cutoff times during a business day (excludes weekends) it gets processed. There is no volume overflow. 

@householdrecycle 

I didn't say anything even remotely close to what you are stating above.  You are either confusing me with someone else or you didn't read what I posted.

I believe for sellers doing Daily Payouts that these weekend payouts will SPEED UP how fast they get their money by a little bit.  And every little bit helps.  All the Payouts created on Saturday and Sunday will be held in Queue for the ACH banking system and when they open on Monday morning they will start processing towards a seller's bank [except on a holiday, then it would be on Tuesday].  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 47 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

velvet@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

You should also inform the Payment Team that an announcement was NOT sent.  If there had been, there would not be as many people surprised and/or concerned about the processing over the weekend.  At least those member we know would have read such an announcement would not have been posting we know nothing about it.

AND they need to answer as to how this is happening.  The reason for business days only has been that the ACH is not open on the weekends.  I'm sure that is still true, so how is MP releasing these payouts?  Are they just being held in queue at the ACH for processing when they open on Monday morning?  Or are they actually getting processed on the day the Payout is released and if so, via what method if not the ACH?

I agree that announcements for all upcoming changes would be wonderful @mam98031, but not likely something that will change for various reasons.  

As for the weekend payouts, that's just when we start the release of funds to you; rather then waiting to the next business day to do so. The funds will then show up in your bank account according to regular ACH processing procedures. 

velvet@ebay 

OK in the spirit of clarity here.  First regarding announcements.  IMHO when Ebay makes a change as important as this there doesn't seem to be a good excuse for NOT releasing an announcement.  It also seems to me that it is cost effective to release and announcement so that so many sellers are running to the Call center trying to get answers or here on the threads.  Seems it chews up a lot of the CRS labor that is unnecessary if a simply announcement had been made with complete answers to what has changed.

Second, does this statement "As for the weekend payouts, that's just when we start the release of funds to you; rather then waiting to the next business day to do so. The funds will then show up in your bank account according to regular ACH processing procedures" mean the same thing as I said before.  That the deposits would be held in QUEUE at that ACH for processing when they open on Monday morning?????

Sorry for any confusion @mam98031. Yes, the deposit will be started on eBay's end, and then held in queue at the ACH for processing when they open on Monday or next business day if Monday is a holiday. 

Thank you.  I just wanted to make sure we were saying the same thing.  😍

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

@dracotekcomputers wrote:

No it isnt. Im still waiting on mine from over the weekend and from this morning. I just hope my payouts are not lost

@dracotekcomputers 

Were you notified that a Payout was sent?  If you weren't, there likely isn't anything to worry about.

Besides, this information is available to you 24/7 in your Seller Hub, hover over the Payment Tab, then on the drop down menu select what you want to look at.  Payouts will show you what payouts have been released with the banking number to track them by.  Or the Summary page which will tell you what you have in MP, how much if any is on hold, when you last payout was and when you next payout will be sent.  And there is lots more information here as well.  All you have to do is look.

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

@tidbits4u2 wrote:

So I called my bank today and they said there was no scheduled payments coming in, this is concerning since they usually show if they are coming, so payouts Saturday and Sunday and no scheduled payouts shown coming to my bank account on Monday, usually the payouts post to my bank within 24 hours, so im concerned that this is actually not going to post tomorrow either, which means this is slower than usual, so what's really going on, no communication as usual from eBay while they manage our money. Its a shame eBay's sales for everyone are down across the board with the exception of the holidays and yet eBays profit margins still soar due to higher fee's, so eBay keeps reaping the rewards and we are all stuck again wondering what they are doing with our money, im sure the board members are getting a nice bonus this year, hate to be negative but when are the sellers actually gonna get some real good news.

@tidbits4u2 

Go to your Seller Hub, hover over the Payment Tab, then on the drop down menu select what you want to look at.  Payouts will show you what payouts have been released with the banking number to track them by on the right side of the list. 

What higher fees?  In the category you sell in, fees have not increased.  So what has increased for you?

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

Devil's advocate here

I don't think eBay are responsible nor even aware of the change. Over here banking institutions put more staff on over Christmas run up period, data entry is done on a Saturday when it is normally always only done on business days.

Might make ebay look good, but pretty sure they are taking credit for something they have no idea is happening - a positive change for seller's on eBay NOT being announced..... yeah right.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 51 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

@downunder-61 wrote:

Devil's advocate here

I don't think eBay are responsible nor even aware of the change. Over here banking institutions put more staff on over Christmas run up period, data entry is done on a Saturday when it is normally always only done on business days.

Might make ebay look good, but pretty sure they are taking credit for something they have no idea is happening - a positive change for seller's on eBay NOT being announced..... yeah right.

@downunder-61 

IMHO it is unlikely that extra data entry people at various banks has any affect on what we are discussing here at all.  Unless you mean that some seller's Payouts may be delayed simply because their bank has not posted it yet.

MP would be putting all of these Payouts issued over the weekend in queue for the ACH system.  ACH system would then pick them up Monday morning and start processing them on to the individual seller's banks.

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

velvet@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

also velvet@ebay  - the payouts from the weekend are not showing bank reference IDs like weekday payouts usually do.

bank.jpg

What exactly does that mean?

I've reached out to payments and it appears they're still working on the updates to help pages. So while the graph was changed (see below), they're still working on other verbiage. 

velvetebay_0-1638205496529.png

They're going to take a closer look at the bank reference ID issue you called out @valueaddedresource, so thank you for that!

velvet@ebay  - just FYI - for me the bank reference ID showed up on the payout from Saturday later in the day yesterday, and the payment showed in my bank account this morning, just like it would have if the payout had been initiated yesterday like before.

Can you confirm with the payment team if the bank reference ID is something that is generated on the eBay side or on the bank/ACH side, please?

If it's generated by the bank/ACH system, the delay in showing it in the Payments tab might make sense if it doesn't show until they get through whatever backlog of deposits they have on Monday.

If it's generated on the eBay side, I would think it should be there as soon as eBay has initiated the payout, so that would make me wonder if the Saturday payout really did initiate on Saturday or not.

Message 53 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

Not really sure why this is happening but all mine got sent over the weekend and are hitting the bank fast. I sure hope this is going to be the norm and not some strange happening on here.

Message 54 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

relax.. apparently either I accidentally responded to you on a response to an OP earlier, or you responded to my response to an OP thinking it was directed at you.. either way.. you didn't say the quote that I put out there.. but when you responded initially I then just assumed it was you who was the OP.. looking back you weren't...

You agree with me anyway so we are fine and I'm not going to call anyone else out because I'm sure that today, Tuesday will offer a whole other lot of fun with this whole thing..  They fix one thing and I'm sure they broke another.  This is what happens when you pay bottom dollar for your software dev team and don't follow any best practices when it comes to modifying code.. Ever wonder why all of a sudden item specifics change to the way they were 3 years ago in a category? Old code that should have been deleted from the folder AND server long ago. nuff said on that... 

Anyway, Tuesday's payment is still "in progress"   shocking..

Deep breaths... 

Message 55 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

Yes I was notified. I actually just got all of my money last night. It was just later then normal

Message 56 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

velvet@ebay wrote:

also velvet@ebay  - the payouts from the weekend are not showing bank reference IDs like weekday payouts usually do.

bank.jpg

I've reached out to payments and it appears they're still working on the updates to help pages. So while the graph was changed (see below), they're still working on other verbiage. 

They're going to take a closer look at the bank reference ID issue you called out @valueaddedresource, so thank you for that!

velvet@ebay  - just FYI - for me the bank reference ID showed up on the payout from Saturday later in the day yesterday, and the payment showed in my bank account this morning, just like it would have if the payout had been initiated yesterday like before.

Can you confirm with the payment team if the bank reference ID is something that is generated on the eBay side or on the bank/ACH side, please?

If it's generated by the bank/ACH system, the delay in showing it in the Payments tab might make sense if it doesn't show until they get through whatever backlog of deposits they have on Monday.

If it's generated on the eBay side, I would think it should be there as soon as eBay has initiated the payout, so that would make me wonder if the Saturday payout really did initiate on Saturday or not.

I was able to confirm that the bank reference ID is assigned by the bank @valueaddedresource. So you are right that it's not included in the Payments tab until the bank communicates it to us, which is what sounds like happened with your account so it appears it is working as designed! 🤗 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 57 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

velvet@ebay wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

bank.jpg

I was able to confirm that the bank reference ID is assigned by the bank @valueaddedresource. So you are right that it's not included in the Payments tab until the bank communicates it to us, which is what sounds like happened with your account so it appears it is working as designed! 🤗 

Thanks velvet@ebay that's what I figured but appreciate the confirmation! 

Message 58 of 59
latest reply

Payout on a Saturday

@householdrecycle wrote:

relax.. apparently either I accidentally responded to you on a response to an OP earlier, or you responded to my response to an OP thinking it was directed at you.. either way.. you didn't say the quote that I put out there.. but when you responded initially I then just assumed it was you who was the OP.. looking back you weren't...

You agree with me anyway so we are fine and I'm not going to call anyone else out because I'm sure that today, Tuesday will offer a whole other lot of fun with this whole thing..  They fix one thing and I'm sure they broke another.  This is what happens when you pay bottom dollar for your software dev team and don't follow any best practices when it comes to modifying code.. Ever wonder why all of a sudden item specifics change to the way they were 3 years ago in a category? Old code that should have been deleted from the folder AND server long ago. nuff said on that... 

Anyway, Tuesday's payment is still "in progress"   shocking..

Deep breaths... 

You assume too much.  I'm not upset, so no need to be as concerned as you apparently are about my state of being.  Most peopleThey fix one thing and I'm sure they broke another. don't like to be misquoted and I simply wanted to make sure that I wasn't misquoted.  

"They fix one thing and I'm sure they broke another."  What did they break?

"This is what happens when you pay bottom dollar for your software dev team and don't follow any best practices when it comes to modifying code.."  I don't know how true that entire statement is as I have not seen the pay scale for this department.  I agree they sure seem to have a lot of errors they have to clean up all the time.  That is pretty evident.

Message 59 of 59
latest reply