cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I refuse to give my personal bank information to ebay! Paypal protects my bank account.

I trust paypal to keep third parties from getting into my personal bank account. I don't want ebay "holding funds" or anything else in my personal bank account. I keep a certain amt in my paypal for returns and fees, I don't want my

bank assets frozen or meddled with.

Ebay is strong arming resellers! I am a top seller that has worked very hard to get good feedback and happy buyers. Now Ebay is going to shut me down if I don't give personal bank account information!?! 

That sounds like extortion!!

Message 1 of 172
latest reply
171 REPLIES 171

I refuse to give my personal bank information to ebay! Paypal protects my bank account.

Now Ebay is going to shut me down if I don't give personal bank account information!?!

@twiigo 

True. Welcome to the jungle.

Message 2 of 172
latest reply

Nope, it's simply them making their rules in their sandbox..........

Message 3 of 172
latest reply

I totally AGREE!

I have pulled all of my items and placing them on other venues.

Message 4 of 172
latest reply

@twiigo 

Did you trust PayPal during the 13 years they were 100% owned and operated by eBay?

eBay is not going to "shut you down", if you leave it's all on you.

Message 5 of 172
latest reply

Gee how terrible! I'm sure eBay will miss you so much, they'll send a postcard at Christmas.

Good luck and farewell! 

Message 6 of 172
latest reply

@twiigo wrote:

I trust paypal to keep third parties from getting into my personal bank account.

Why do you trust PayPal, started and based in US, over Adyen in the Neverlands with 8 offices around the world all with the same access to your data for easier distributed hacks by third parties?

Hundreds or thousands of eBay sellers already risk their privacy with Adyen; why can't you?

Message 7 of 172
latest reply

"I refuse to give my personal bank information to ebay! "

Then it looks like you wont be selling here anymore..some people are unable to adapt to any changes..but unfortunately, everything in life changes.So you either adapt, or move on.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 172
latest reply

I see no difference in giving my banking information to eBay than I did to Etsy which also uses Adyen or Amazon.   I have always had a separate bank account for online selling, and it is simple enough to transfer funds from that account to my personal account when needed. 

Message 9 of 172
latest reply

@twiigo 

This is a big concern for many, people do not like change. However, like another poster Kathie stated: You go down to your bank and open up a separate checking account along with a new debit card. Drop a couple hundred in that checking. Use this new account STRICTLY for online selling. Keep good records of this acct and via phone to your bank you can make transfers to your primary acct. ( I use a Credit union)

You can still use PayPal for purchases.

I would hate for you to give up your ebay top seller status for refusing to sign up for managed payments. What ever you decide I wish you well!

Message 10 of 172
latest reply

@twiigo wrote:

<snip>

That sounds like extortion!!

No, that's not even close to the definition of extortion....

Message 11 of 172
latest reply

I understand how you feel.  It is a requirement and if you want to keep selling here you have to decide whether to cough it up.  I chose to open an account with Chime to receive my eBay payout funds so they would never have access to my personal bank account. I have been happy with Chime as the transfer takes place quickly.  When I get a notice from eBay that they are sending my payout I usually have the next day or sooner.  I selected to have payouts daily.   However,  just know eBay only does payouts on weekdays.  You can elect to have your postage  deducted from the pending funds as well so whatever you get from eBay is your net.

Message 12 of 172
latest reply

Open a new checking account at a different bank to handle Managed Payments and use the manual login in option instead of password login.

Message 13 of 172
latest reply

Have any of you people read the fine print of this "Managed Payments" **bleep** where sellers provide their bank account info???

Essentially, eBay can withdraw money from your bank account ANYTIME for ANY REASON, for example to cover a newly opened dispute by a buyer or for a fee they've decided that you owe.  It's nothing but a license to loot.

I suggest opening a checking account with no minimum balance required AND withdrawing the money you get from eBay the SAME DAY it is credited to your account leaving only a small balance in the account. 

Message 14 of 172
latest reply

@ostfront1941 wrote:

Have any of you people read the fine print of this "Managed Payments" **bleep** where sellers provide their bank account info???

Essentially, eBay can withdraw money from your bank account ANYTIME for ANY REASON, for example to cover a newly opened dispute by a buyer or for a fee they've decided that you owe.  It's nothing but a license to loot.

I suggest opening a checking account with no minimum balance required AND withdrawing the money you get from eBay the SAME DAY it is credited to your account leaving only a small balance in the account. 

Everything you have written here is false and misleading....smh....

MP has been around for well over a year and no one's account has been "looted". 

You cannot maintain a small balance because there will always be issues of returns. When a return is begun the funds are placed on hold, to guarantee they will be available. Just like if YOU purchased an item that you needed to return, you would not accept your seller to say, sorry I spent it already....

Message 15 of 172
latest reply