cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout on a Saturday

Just received a payout this Saturday morning. I've never had a payout over a weekend before. Is this common?

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Payout on a Saturday

@wrong66  - wow, you're right - I had one today too and that's the first payout I've ever seen initiated on a weekend as well.

Message 2 of 59
latest reply

Same, I almost posted about it too, but didn't want to poke the bear 👀

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

Same here, I've been racking my brain since I saw it trying to figure out how eBay can use this to burn us.

Message 4 of 59
latest reply

Same, and it shows my next processing complete day as the 27th, then the 28th! Makes me wonder if they will send one tomorrow too. I like it, but I am surprised that eBay wouldn't put out a bulletin about the change...

Message 5 of 59
latest reply

@kidsbargainspot  definitely let us know if you get one tomorrow too!

As far as putting out a bulletin - eBay isn't exactly known for proactive communication, especially when it comes to Managed Payments, unfortunately.

tyler@ebay velvet@ebay  payments_team@ebay  - can you confirm if this is a permanent change in how/when payouts are initiated and if it applies to all sellers in Managed Payments?

Message 6 of 59
latest reply

Is it possible "daily payouts" will now actually be daily?

Message 7 of 59
latest reply

Me too!  I don't normally have payouts on the weekend either, but hey, I'll take it!!

Message 8 of 59
latest reply

Might have something to do with the holiday, but that never resulted in weekend payouts before that I'm aware of.

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

@wrong66 wrote:

Might have something to do with the holiday, but that never resulted in weekend payouts before that I'm aware of.

@wrong66  - that's what I thought might be happening too but yeah, I've never seen them extend payouts to weekends for other holidays before this.

I've also seen a few UK sellers on Twitter reporting having payouts initiated today and indicating they had not previously seen weekend payouts before either. I'm not 100% sure how it works for the UK, but if it's true that they are also seeing this change and it's not how things were done previously, I think that makes it much less likely to be a one off holiday scenario and hopefully more likely to be a permanent change.

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

Back, back, back a while (2019) I was getting "payouts" on the weekend, then they stopped doing that.

Was pretty much for naught anyway, because my CU did not process anything on the weekends.

I have since switched to "weekly".

Message 11 of 59
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Back, back, back a while (2019) I was getting "payouts" on the weekend, then they stopped doing that.

Was pretty much for naught anyway, because my CU did not process anything on the weekends.

I have since switched to "weekly".

@buyselljack2016 - thanks for that information. I thought I had remembered there may have been weekend payouts in the early rollout stages, but wasn't sure.

You're right, it is still going to come down to the bank or CU processing time too, but for those who do process on the weekend this will be nice and even for those who don't, it might speed up the time of getting that money in the bank.

Message 12 of 59
latest reply

I can verify that payments are being processed today but the payouts will not be sent out until the 29th.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/LE4jyal.jpg[/img]

Message 13 of 59
latest reply

seriously.. don't poke the freakin' bear.

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

Maybe an early Christmas present from eBay? 🙂

Message 15 of 59
latest reply