cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New managed payment system is confusing as hell and customer support was NOT helpful!!!

Ok, so I added my bank account in order to get paid for future sales.  However, when I go into the sellers hub it says that I must update account details to avoid delays in getting future payments.  I called an Ebay rep and she was clueless!!!! She said I first had to select send micropayments to confirm my account details and then said I didn't need to do that because all of my information was correct?!?

May I suggest that if you are going to make sellers change to a new system of getting paid that you actually have customer service reps that first can speak clearly and secondly know what they are talking about and not give contradictory advice within 30 seconds on your call.  That only adds to peoples anxiety about this new system.

For some of us this is how we make out living full time and its pretty important that we get accurate information from the reps you hire to help guide us through this new system.  I guess I should start looking at other sites to start selling on that are less confusing, then you pay you faster when you sell an item ie not having to wait 2-3 business days at a minimum to get your money,  and offer better support when you call their customer service center.

Can someone  advice from Ebay call me and explain how to actually verify that your account is ready to go and receive payments after sales????  I can't afford to not get paid for days on end and then realize that something was not set up correctly and wait longer to get paid!!!!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: New managed payment system is confusing as hell and customer support was NOT helpful!!!

All you can do is keep requesting a call back using the link at the bottom of this page until you get someone that knows what they are doing. It's best to call early in the morning. They open at 5am PT.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/submitting-updating-information-managed-payments?id=4...

Good luck.

Re: New managed payment system is confusing as hell and customer support was NOT helpful!!!

I viewed your listings and see that you are successfully enrolled in Managed Payments (so they must have your bank account information).    Bear in mind...when with Managed Payments it takes 7-10 AFTER sale before money is deposited into your checking account.  That is just how this new system works. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

I viewed your listings and see that you are successfully enrolled in Managed Payments (so they must have your bank account information).    Bear in mind...when with Managed Payments it takes 7-10 AFTER sale before money is deposited into your checking account.  That is just how this new system works. 

Wow, whatever bank you are using certainly sounds slow. I use Citibank and my funds are deposited much faster than yours. Perhaps you should look into switching to another bank. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

Just because their listings show they are in Managed Payments, doesn't mean they were successfully enrolled, it just meant their account has been switched over.

Unless you're on weekly payouts, it shouldn't take that long to receive your funds.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

7 to 10 days? That is totally unacceptable to try and run a business on 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

7-10 days is completely inaccurate; unless you are on 'weekly' payouts. I use a One State Only Credit Union; sales on Tuesday get 'deposited on Weds and in my bank on Thurs. 2 days after sale. Weekends slightly longer. 

@buckygradcollectibles 

Are you getting a ebay message to 'update' or 'verify' or anything regarding your bank account? If so, respond back and they will get back to you in 2-3 days. In your response, ask them to clarify EXACTLY what it is they need verfiying.

Know that the Bank Account name must match the Ebay name EXACTLY- including Middle Initial or Name, as most banks require, and seldom do people use their 'full' name when creating an Ebay account. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You actually talked to a real person?????  I haven't been able to talk to a real person for a year!!!!  Don't like communicating with or, having eBay's computers making decisions eBay has become a ball and wall of confusion.  Hate using the site anymore.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

i think you have to have an anchor store to get reps that speak english as a first language 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I have the same problem,  I see this  Red Banner everyday:

You must update account details to avoid delays in getting future payments. 

Although all the information I provided are corrected, eBay claims that  it couldn't verify my account.  I requested Miro-deposits but it never came,   so I decided to logged into my bank from eBay's pop up window, the log-in was successful, the bank account is linked, But eBay still says I need to update my account info, the red banner wont go away, I chatted with 6 eBay reps online  and one Rep on phone, EVERYONE said the account details look match, they'd escalate the case to IT team and have the problem fixed within 48 hours. 

2 weeks have gone by, I still see the red banner.  I figured eBay will soon suspend my seller account, so

I opened an Etsy Store,  Etsy  did not have problems to verify my identity and I made sales on the first day I signed up.  however, Etsy will hold my fund for 5 days since the account is new --I have no problem with that, as long as I dont see the annoying red banner on the top of my screen.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@redzoneandhomeplateheroes wrote:

You actually talked to a real person?????  I haven't been able to talk to a real person for a year!!!!  Don't like communicating with or, having eBay's computers making decisions eBay has become a ball and wall of confusion.  Hate using the site anymore.  

I spoke to a real person, but she didnt solve my problem.

after chatting with a bunch of eBay reps online, I wondered if these are real person or bots, so when I saw a rep's name "Robert",  I typed "hey, Rob, are you a human or a Bot?"  he typed: "I'm a human, thanks for asking" lol

Rob was very nice and fun to chat with,  but my problem isn't solved. 🤔

Message 11 of 11
latest reply