cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fall Seller Update: Managed Payments Now a Recommendation, Not a Requirement

Here is what EBAY is now saying in the Fall Seller Update about switching you to managed payments:

"When you receive a notification​ from us, we recommend you register before the deadline to avoid any interruption to your business."

Notice the change in terminology from "Required" to "Recommended" ?  They have apparently changed their approach to how they plan to ramrod Managed Payments.  They appear to at least be realizing at this point in time that they are asking people to do something that they really do not want to do.  Well, every step in the right direction is a step in the right direction.

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: New Fall Seller Update: Managed Payments Now a Recommendation, Not a Requirement

Penny, how soon you ship depends on your handling time. If you’re uncomfortable shipping before having access to funds from one particular transaction, then increase your handling time accordingly.

I also haven’t paid attention to how buyers are paying. I suspect most are still using PayPal, but can’t confirm at the time of this writing.

Honestly, I just go about processing orders as always; same day when I can or next day for later orders. 

Message 31 of 108
latest reply

Re: New Fall Seller Update: Managed Payments Now a Recommendation, Not a Requirement

It is recommended as failure to due so by the deadline will cause you not to be able to list. After the dead line if you did not register and decide you want to continue listing sellers are finding out that the process for registration and verifying your bank is not instant. This extends the time that you can not list for even further. It is everyone choice to register or not if not you will only be able to use the listings you have active and can not change them. While you may not want to do this if you make your money selling on eBay you really have no choice. Getting the a separate bank account in advance and being ready is a better idea than dragging your feet after the registration message comes. 

Message 32 of 108
latest reply

I read posts that may be valuable to me and my business.  As far as being aware of the ability we ALL have to voice our opinions, clearly,  I  do, as I  have voiced mine. I personally do not feel that the sellers here are a bunch of lemmings falling off a cliff, but sellers that have made their choices with the same information that you have, but with choices that differ from yours. I too am an American, but one that tries and find resolve not promote chaos. 

With that said, I hope that you find your way and find success in all you chose.

Grandma

Message 33 of 108
latest reply

Extending handling time is not a strikable offense- it's available on all listings, 5 days, 10 days, 11 days or more. It's also used on vacations. 

Message 34 of 108
latest reply

I have been an ebay member for many years now ! I see you have a cpl of years under your belt ! I have seen change after change after change and this latest mangled payment system is wrong to many sellers not just me ! I am glad you can accept it but you were not around when ebay really was a great place to sell and in 2018 things were taking a wrong turn and going downhill ! ebay always expects the sellers to bend and I always have up to now. Why cant ebay bend some ??? This new agenda of their is not right and it really is affecting many in a very negative manner ! Ebay if they were smart could create different selling platforms and levels to where a seller could choose which platform they want to sell from. It could be done ! Some sellers are hobbyist sellers such as myself that is not trying to sell many different types of items and this new system does not work for us. Marble collectors, bottle collectors and so forth have a more narrow audience ! This is my reason for the beef I have and I am not alone ! Good luck to you !

Message 35 of 108
latest reply

You could be selling on Amazon. There you’ll wait two (2) weeks before payout occurs, then 3 or 4 days to your bank. Oh, and the mandatory hold for 7 days after delivery to account for any returns, meaning you could wait up to 21 days before payment is in hand.  While waiting, you must continue to ship on time.  Consequently, waiting a few days is far more desireable.

Message 36 of 108
latest reply

Ebay use to not charge shipping fees until they realized sellers were overcharging buyers for shipping in order to avoid paying fees on the actual item.

You need to charge more for your shipping or build in those costs so that you're not losing money.

Message 37 of 108
latest reply

This will be my last reply to you, only because it is an endless cycle of nothing productive. I am not trying to sway you one way or the other, just hoping you find some clarity and peace. FYI....I was selling in 2006 for many years until I  had to end my account for personal reasons, not that the length of participation here should be a reason for accepting the new policy or not. With that said, again, you don't make the rules and have the choice to stay or go.

But more importantly,  take care of yourself. 

Grandma

Message 38 of 108
latest reply

you are right ! I do not make the rules but do have the right to protest unacceptable rules that cripple many sellers ! Ebay is wrong about this forced change and I have the hopes with enough people not accepting this nonsense that ebay may just reverse or greatly modify this to a point sellers get their funds much faster than this present method ! It works for you but it does not for many others ! Ebay may have a stiff neck but so do I and I have hopes they will do the right thing for the sellers for a change instead of ebay !! I cannot feel sorry for a company that has made billions from us ! Some folks live paycheck to paycheck ! Then to hold funds during a pandemic ? It is a selfish act for ebay do force such a thing and I will strongly protest it ! Taake care of yourself as well ! Regards

Message 39 of 108
latest reply

Managed Payments Now a Recommendation, Not a Requirement

With that said.  eBay should now UNBLOCK My Ability to create new listings/relist items in my Store that I pay for.  The fact that I have 250 Listings that come as part of my Store Subscription that are currently being blocked by eBay is just bad business.  Don't care if you spin it to the left or right.  eBay needs to realize that when the Sellers Make $$$$ so does eBay.   Many of the Bank's in Los Angeles are STILL CLOSED so opening an account can be troublesome.

I judge people/businesses by imagining myself by being in a Foxhole with them.   eBay is not Foxhole material.  eBay would be in the Hole using up all the rationed items while others fight the War they created.    

Message 40 of 108
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

New MP fees include the processing fee you were paying PP (2.9% + .30c), so it's not higher. 

It's about 200% higher if you used a PayPal Micropayment account (5% + $.05).

Message 41 of 108
latest reply

For a $3 sale, yes, for $12 & up; no.

But that is not what the poster was talking about. 10% vs 11.5% means no micro talk going on in this thread. 

Message 42 of 108
latest reply

agreed 110%

Message 43 of 108
latest reply

Just wondering is that the cash back Paypal card that you are using or is it from another institution?  Does using their multi shipping tool work toward a cash back purchase?

Message 44 of 108
latest reply

I suspect all will still have to do it.

Message 45 of 108
latest reply