cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments Skipping Payout for October 6th?

@Anonymous  tyler@ebay  Please explain why there is no payout scheduled for today.

We are on daily payouts, over $3,000 in available funds, nowhere near that much in "held" money from returns.  What is going on here?!

nopayout.jpg

If this is related to the tech problems yesterday, eBay needs to communicate that NOW! Update the System Status Page, post something on the announcements, send an email to every seller in Managed Payments - do something, don't just leave us hanging.

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Re: Managed Payments Skipping Payout for October 6th?

Check your e-mail and see if you got an e-mail saying your payout was sent. It says "We've Sent Your Payout" on title, I got an e-mail around 8:32 AM PST this morning with my payout amount and all. 

Message 61 of 84
latest reply

I cannot get into the "Payment Tab" either!!!

Message 62 of 84
latest reply

AMEN!!!!  When using PayPal we could control how much we took!  Now eBay is controlling us! 😞

Message 63 of 84
latest reply

Thanks @jtggaming  - yes, the email did finally come through at 10:41 AM Eastern for us.  That is almost 4 hours later than usual.

So again, still not sure if there really was a problem with payouts and eBay "forced" it manually (resulting in receiving notification later than usual) or if there was no problem with payouts and eBay is just experiencing massive glitches/delays with inaccurate info being displayed on the site.

While it may seem like I am splitting hairs wanting to know which one of those scenarios is at play here, I think it's an important distinction to make and sellers deserve to know details about what is going on when it impacts their money.

Message 64 of 84
latest reply

Interesting tid bit, there is absolutely nothing from eBay staff on the dedicated MP Board even though there are posts discussing the situation.

I am on weekly payouts and no email yet saying payout was sent.   I did get a call back from MP and they could not tell from their side either if my weekly payout was sent.

Message 65 of 84
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Interesting tid bit, there is absolutely nothing from eBay staff on the dedicated MP Board even though there are posts discussing the situation.

I am on weekly payouts and no email yet saying payout was sent.   I did get a call back from MP and they could not tell from their side either if my weekly payout was sent.

Wow @mcdougle4248  thanks for sharing that.  Hope you get that email soon and that we all see payouts depositing as they should! Definitely concerning that MP support couldn't even tell you that for sure.

eBay seriously needs to get it together with their "communication plan".  We're not asking them to build a rocket or cure cancer here, just talk to us!  Honesty & integrity shouldn't really require that much "planning." 🤔 

Message 66 of 84
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Wow @mcdougle4248  thanks for sharing that.  Hope you get that email soon and that we all see payouts depositing as they should! Definitely concerning that MP support couldn't even tell you that for sure.

eBay seriously needs to get it together with their "communication plan".  We're not asking them to build a rocket or cure cancer here, just talk to us!  Honesty & integrity shouldn't really require that much "planning." 🤔 

Looks like my payout was sent.  The payments page still is not 100%, but I can see a payout was sent.

Message 67 of 84
latest reply

I was just able to get Payments page to partially load.  The top part of the summary page loads and it does show last payout Oct 6th now and the correct amount that the payout should be, so again we'll just wait to see if it hits the bank tomorrow as it should.

The rest of the Summary page is still blank as are the All Transactions page and the Payouts page.  So it seems they may be slowly making progress at least.

Message 68 of 84
latest reply

@mcdougle4248  that is great news! We were posting at the same time but yes, that is what I am seeing now too. 

Message 69 of 84
latest reply

I'm set up with weekly payouts. A few observations-

1. Every Tuesday- if I look at the Payments page before my payout is sent- I see the same thing in the OP where it says next payout next week and last payout last week. I just assumed that's because the payment for that day is already in the batch process but not yet through which is why that day's date doesn't show. A timing issue. Once the payout is through the page updates so it says next payout next week and last payout today. It's like that every week.

2. I used to get my payout e-mail alert every Tuesday morning between 6 and 7 am like clockwork until MP let in a whole bunch of people this summer. Now it's very inconsistent- sometimes I still get the e-mail early and other days not until noon. Today it came at noon.

3. There was one Tuesday a few weeks ago where I didn't think my payout would come through at all. Finally the Payouts page updated and the e-mail came through around 10 pm. I just went back to look and that was on Sept 8.

Message 70 of 84
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I'm set up with weekly payouts. A few observations-

1. Every Tuesday- if I look at the Payments page before my payout is sent- I see the same thing in the OP where it says next payout next week and last payout last week. I just assumed that's because the payment for that day is already in the batch process but not yet through which is why that day's date doesn't show. A timing issue. Once the payout is through the page updates so it says next payout next week and last payout today. It's like that every week.

2. I used to get my payout e-mail alert every Tuesday morning between 6 and 7 am like clockwork until MP let in a whole bunch of people this summer. Now it's very inconsistent- sometimes I still get the e-mail early and other days not until noon. Today it came at noon.

3. There was one Tuesday a few weeks ago where I didn't think my payout would come through at all. Finally the Payouts page updated and the e-mail came through around 10 pm. I just went back to look and that was on Sept 8.

Thanks @coffeebean832 that is helpful info!

We've only ever been on the daily payout schedule and I have never seen it like it was this morning before, but it very well could be a timing thing that we just don't usually catch at the right time to see it.

Maybe the "transition" time of flipping over the info that is displayed on that page usually happens much faster and they had delays this morning that prolonged the time that it would be displaying like that?

That could definitely be a plausible explanation and could also explain the delay in getting the payout confirmation emails too. Hopefully tyler@ebay can confirm if that is what was happening.

Message 71 of 84
latest reply

To support that theory- I finally got the Payments page to load today and can see the time stamp on the payout is just before 9 am while the e-mail I received was around noon. That's not unusual- the payout e-mail is usually sent a couple hours after the payout- but the time stamp also confirms that the actual payout was processed much later in the day than before so many people joined MP this summer.

My 2 cents- if they're already overwhelmed with the number of batch processes on Tuesdays then they should give weekly payout sellers a choice between Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe that would spread things out and lighten the Tuesday burden on the system. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when the rest of the site is enrolled by year end.

Message 72 of 84
latest reply

Just to follow up.  I got the email this morning as well and it said the payout I was scheduled to get today had been sent.  Strangely though, I printed postage this morning and it comes out of my pending payments.  It shows it on the accounting, but has not been deducted from my balance.  It's a minimal amount, but still... this shows they have not yet recovered from whatever glitch is hounding the MP service.

Message 73 of 84
latest reply

@coffeebean832  - good call!

Payouts section is finally back up for us now too.  It looks like our payouts usually happen just after 1 AM Pacific (which is probably why I've never seen it before, it's later out here on the east coast but not that much and my company definitely doesn't pay what I would charge them to be doing business related stuff at 4 AM 😉 .)

Looks like today's payout is showing 5:52  AM Pacific so yes I would say it is very likely that this delay caused the strange display of info that made it appear like a payout was missing.

Thanks!

Message 74 of 84
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

My 2 cents- if they're already overwhelmed with the number of batch processes on Tuesdays then they should give weekly payout sellers a choice between Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe that would spread things out and lighten the Tuesday burden on the system. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when the rest of the site is enrolled by year end.

@coffeebean832  I think this is an excellent idea! I know it is something that some weekly payout sellers have been asking for any way for unrelated reasons, but you are absolutely right that it would help spread out the load.

@Anonymous tyler@ebay  please pass this along to the appropriate teams.  I'm sure eBay has reasons for why they initially made weekly payments only on Tuesdays but hopefully they will be willing to reconsider in light of these issues.

Message 75 of 84
latest reply