cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to opt out of managed payments

how do I opt out of Ebay managed payments.

I do not want it at all

I am happy with using paypal

I do not want to have ebay manage my payments and send money into my back account

Mike B

Message 1 of 244
latest reply
243 REPLIES 243

Re: I want to opt out of managed payments

I signed up for managed payments when ebay forced me into it. Enter your Checking Account #. Enter your Routing #. Enter your Social Sec#. 🤨 Ebay told me that the entered info was incorrect and they couldn't get it to work. 1 week later, my bank tells me my account is compromised and has to be cancelled and replaced. No withdrawal activity. Ebay still indicated the entered info was incorrect. Haven't been able to sell anything on ebay since then.   That was months ago. If they had 5 years to get this working, why is it so very very very BROKEN?

Message 121 of 244
latest reply

I do not wish to use my checking account with eBay either.  I, like you, was happy with Paypal.  

It would appear that since they are the big kid on the block, they can do whatever they want.  As soon as I finish selling some of my remaining items, I am leaving eBay.

Message 122 of 244
latest reply

And another thing - If eBay has some problem with Paypal, then let me use a credit card account instead of my checking account.  You can't do that either.

Message 123 of 244
latest reply

It looks like no one can opt out of management payment. eBay  As of December 2019, the online shopping platform had 183 million active buyers worldwide. If all of them sell one item at £10 eBay would have that money in there bank account for 2 to 3 working days earning interest on 1830 million. I am now looking for an other platform to use.

Message 124 of 244
latest reply

Sadly its their new payment system. I say new but they have had 5 years to sort it out and divorce from PayPal.

I am not sure what they have been doing for 5 years but they do seem to have created a very old school system which offers up a very painfully slow pay-out to the seller. One which no doubt benefits eBay very nicely. The procedure requires you to prove your bank account and once done the payments are handled by a separate organisation called ATH based in the USA. I can only assume this company holds not just your bank information, but your information and all sales information too, then holds on to hundreds of thousands or even millions of paid transactions for at least 3 working days (gaining who knows how much) before releasing the funds to you.

Over 10 years and nearly 900 positive feedbacks mean nothing.

As the words from Dragons Den goes, I'm Out. 

Message 125 of 244
latest reply

I also will be looking for another platform to sell. As a Private Seller their fees are extortionate. I.e Sell something for £60 and they take almost £8.00 in fees. What is the point. If you increase your prices they will only take more. eBay are fast becoming rip off merchants. Having to wait 3-4 days to get your money is not acceptable.

Message 126 of 244
latest reply

yes, but when I buy my postage it goes through PayPal not my bank and if there isn't enough in PayPal it comes out of my bank, so if you get rid of PayPal then how do we ship items and figure out postage if no PayPal, because the postal setup seems to go through PayPal 

Message 127 of 244
latest reply

Im not keen on Ebay holding my banking information. Too much control in one place. Im looking to go elsewhere.

Message 128 of 244
latest reply

WRONG.  MANAGED PAYMENTS IS A SCAM.  eBay is now holding sellers' funds for up to 11 days  based on some nonsensical rating.  100% UNFAIR.  eBay earns interest on our money while it's on hold.  In my opinion,  his is criminal.

Message 129 of 244
latest reply

Control, control, control.  With eBay's unfair business practices it is all about controlling what you sell, what you say in yor description, and now the horrific practice on controlling your payments which can now be put on hold due to some bogus "rating". 

Message 130 of 244
latest reply

Hi, too, I am nervous about eBay‘s access to my bank account. So, I’ve established a new account that links to eBay, and I move money out of that account to a private one as soon as it hits. That way, even if eBay is hacked, the information about my linked account gives no one access to any of my money.

Message 131 of 244
latest reply

looking to do the same.

Message 132 of 244
latest reply

Terrible. Now, we'll completely miss out on all of Paypal's helpful information on transactions such as graphs of customer countries etc etc.

Message 133 of 244
latest reply

Am I the only one that couldn't wait to sign up for Managed Payments?

Have a great day.
Message 134 of 244
latest reply

It's called float when then hold your money and they are making millions a year on that float!

Message 135 of 244
latest reply