cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to opt out of managed payments

how do I opt out of Ebay managed payments.

I do not want it at all

I am happy with using paypal

I do not want to have ebay manage my payments and send money into my back account

Mike B

Message 1 of 244
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Change is difficult, but we all must change quarterly with eBay.  I was opposed to it as well, but was 'opted-in' last month.  It is going smoothly and I really don't have any issues, which surprises me.  I know you and others don't want to hear it, but it isn't as bad as you think.  I got shut down in another thread for saying this because it didn't fit the narrative, but it isn't all gloom and doom.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 21 of 244
latest reply
243 REPLIES 243

Not possible

Message 2 of 244
latest reply

You're stuck. Eventually everyone will be in managed payments. 

Message 3 of 244
latest reply

You can not.

Message 4 of 244
latest reply

Good Luck with that!

The only way to opt out of MP is to opt out of selling on eBay...

eBay has made the decision for MP to be the method of payment no matter what sellers may want = eBay's site, eBay's rules> Don't like em? the choice is yours..adapt, adjust and carry on  or like many of us just find somewhere else to sell where seller's still have some control over how they choose to run their online selling and/or what payment methods are best suited to their situations...

Message 5 of 244
latest reply

well that's not fair...

Amazon does the same type of thing and I hate it... once a week payouts

I thought ebay owned PayPal?  why are they chopping PayPal's legs off?

Message 6 of 244
latest reply

If you don't opt in when they tell you,    You won't be allowed to list any items on ebay.    Simple as that. 

Message 7 of 244
latest reply

No, it's not fair- and it's not about being fair. Nothing in business is measured in 'fair', it's measured in success, $, future $ etc.

BTW, PP and Ebay have been separate companies for many years; and PP did NOT want to sign another multiyear contract with Ebay, so this is what it is. 

Message 8 of 244
latest reply

will paypal still be and option for my buyers for payment?  and will paypal payment be sent into paypal and not the managed payment system?

I don't want ot be double charge for ebay's MP system AND paypal!!  especially if the paypal payments go directly into paypal...  THAT is the part I am saying is not fair!

Message 9 of 244
latest reply

@exibar wrote:

will paypal still be and option for my buyers for payment?  and will paypal payment be sent into paypal and not the managed payment system?

Yes, buyers will still be able to pay with Pay Pal, but the payment will not go to your Pay Pal account, it will go to your MP account.

Happy Easter
Message 10 of 244
latest reply

Paypal is available for buyers to use; you are not charged and that money does NOT go in your PP account. It is all collected by MP and deposited in your bank acct. You are charged new % from MP- 11-13% or so which includes 10%+/ (depends on category, if you have store etc.) final value fees from ebay and 2.5% plus .30c per transaction, from MP- so together they are the 11%-13% fee removed IMMEDIATLY from your sale before it goes in to your bank acct. 

Message 11 of 244
latest reply

@exibar wrote:

well that's not fair...

They don't.

Message 12 of 244
latest reply

I don't understand why the money does not go into my paypal account... how can ebay stop that if my buyer uses paypal to purchase...  they must be doing some type of man in the middle attack to capture the payment process and the money being transferred from the buy'ers PP account that SHOULD go into MY PP account directly...

Message 13 of 244
latest reply

What are you talking about?  They are paying with Paypal to eBay.  They are not paying to a Paypal account.  Your paypal account is completely irrelevant and is not part of the transaction.  You no longer even need a Paypal account.  Then eBay deposits to your bank account either daily or weekly as you select.  People use Paypal to pay for things all over the place; it is not limited to transactions from one Paypal account to another Paypal account.

Message 14 of 244
latest reply

@exibar wrote:

well that's not fair...

Amazon does the same type of thing and I hate it... once a week payouts

They split in 2015  - this is old, very well publicized news.   Paypal is bigger than eBay and processes payments all over the internet, and is one of the payment systems now accepted on eBay through managed payments. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 244
latest reply