cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds being held until 3 days after delivery.

I’ve been on eBay for over 20 years, and I am a top rated seller.  Recently I had a few sales where eBay is holding my funds until at least 3 days after the item is delivered.  I’ve been told a half-dozen reasons why from various phone calls to e-bay, and I was just told that this is a new practice that they are instituting.

Has this been going on for anyone else, or has anyone heard about this?  Due to being told so many different stories from eBay reps and given the runaround so many times about this I’ve decided eBay isn’t worth my time or money any longer - unless I can get an answer to why the change, and where to find this policy that nobody from eBay can point me to.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Funds being held until 3 days after delivery.

Ebay considers you a new seller since (until the recent sales) you hadn't listed or sold anything in over 90 days. And as such, you're subject to holds. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Have you had any Not Received refund cases opened against you? Have you had any refund cases not resolved by you where you had ebay step in (or the buyer had to) to get resolved/refunded?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I sell items every single week.  Items are higher dollar amount, but I sell consistently.  Yesterday I changed all of the items’ quantities to zero because I’m so unhappy with eBay.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

No disputes of any kind.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I would say it's the price point. Looks like you are a store doing business here. If so, waiting a week or so for $$ shouldn't be all that bad? If the 'hold' is consistent. Verses now NO sales- how is that helpful?

Sales are hard to read because it only shows a handful of items past 90 days, but I'm sure there are 'multiples' of same item sold, which it doesn't show (for some reason). 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

So, because of payment delays you have decided to punish eBay by removing all your merchandise.

I'm so confused by this logic.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Sales are hard to read because it only shows a handful of items past 90 days, but I'm sure there are 'multiples' of same item sold, which it doesn't show (for some reason).

----------------------------------------------------------------

I clicked on just one sold. It shows 14 sold

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

eBay has become a pretty insignificant source of income for my business, and I can spend the money the I pay eBay for marketing elsewhere.

My problem is the inconsistency of some payments being held, some payment going right through, and hearing a different explanation from every person I talk to about it.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I clicked on just one sold. It shows 14 sold

@buyselljack2016  

The 14 sold is for the lifetime of that listing. Click the 14 sold, and it shows only 2 sold (probably only shows past 120 days or so, as 1 Sold Aug 11 and 1 Sold Jun 23 and then no other info)...so, they've sold 1 in Sept and 1 in Aug of the past 90 days. 2 Total.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Certainly your choice to run your business as you see fit, but the logic still eludes me. Paying a "store fee", and nothing listed because of random payments holds, and no consistent reason for the hold.

Like me, it appears that you are not living "hand to mouth", depending upon sales/payments, so as long as (as another pointed out) there is actually a money flow, the delay (inconsistent hold) on some payments would seem to be a "nonissue", but again, your business, your decision 🙂

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

'multiples' of same item sold, which it doesn't show (for some reason).

----------------------------------------------------

But those "multiple sales" do show. That was the reason for my post. Clicked on several more, and yes, as you state not all are "last 90 days", and it is not uncommon for not "all" sales to show when multiples sold over a period of time.

On my account I have many listings where I have sold 50 + , or even 100 + of items. eBay does not show all of them. Not sure how long it has been that way, but from my experience, it has been quite some time, so the "(for some reason)" is just the way it is/has been:)

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

In any case, if you research some more facts about this, my opinion is gravy.... You are a mature person on ebay, so don't be impulsive and solve the problem....

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

your reply defies logic. If I sell something I should receive my money as close as possible to the time of sale. Why should my money be going to work for an enormous,  cash rich organization to which I pay exorbitant fees, , mind u, when it could be working for me in my own bank account??  It’s called “kiting”. - When an organization benefits unjustly by leveraging money that rightfully shud be going expeditiously to the sellers.  Your comment  is offensive and shows financial ignorance.  

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I am absolutely blown away by the comments in this thread. All the people in this thread that are commenting that it’s no big deal that sellers money is not being paid on a firm schedule, and consistently, obviously have never owned a business, and I guarantee you never will. Why are so many people just willing to accept being taken advantage of financially? If you don’t have a problem with it, you should because nine times out of 10. It is truly a symptom of a bigger problem. If you were running a shoe store, would you let somebody walk out with shoes and tell you that they get the money to you in a couple days maybe three maybe four? I do not understand this complacency and financial ignorance.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply