cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds being held until 3 days after delivery.

I’ve been on eBay for over 20 years, and I am a top rated seller.  Recently I had a few sales where eBay is holding my funds until at least 3 days after the item is delivered.  I’ve been told a half-dozen reasons why from various phone calls to e-bay, and I was just told that this is a new practice that they are instituting.

Has this been going on for anyone else, or has anyone heard about this?  Due to being told so many different stories from eBay reps and given the runaround so many times about this I’ve decided eBay isn’t worth my time or money any longer - unless I can get an answer to why the change, and where to find this policy that nobody from eBay can point me to.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Funds being held until 3 days after delivery.

For use of their platform On behalf of all sellers, with an ounce of financial knowledge, I apologize for the amount of ignorance in this thread. Wit  You have every reason to be upset and concerned about thriving corporation that you are paying handsomely for the use of their platform- not only for holding your money days past the time of sell, but also for them, not even being able to provide you with a reasonable answer as to why.   Seems  to me I remember when Paypal was able to pay within minutes after the point of sale. There is no way to effectively run a business when there is such a wide open variable with your cash flow.  And anyone that says otherwise has no clue how to run a successful business.  I mean, really, just because someone assumes you’re not living  hand to mouth?  That is beyond insulting, beside the point, and just another example of why America is in the position that it is in today. It’s called setting a precedent, if you stand for nothing you fall for everything. You let a company take advantage of you trust me they’ll continue to do so, so I would take these replies with a grain of salt or better with a heaping dose of humor. Ridiculous!!. 

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Also, let me add this fact, 

EBay revenue for the twelve months ending September 30, 2022 was $9.898 BILLION. 

So I don’t think I need to be living hand to mouth to expect my sales revenue to be paid to me on a firm and expedient schedule. This is exactly why we find ourselves living in a Corporatocracy.  

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I totally understand new sellers experiencing these issues but clearly you do not fall under that description. People assume because your selling products or own your own business that you can continue to just wait it out until they are ready. Nobody accounts for overhead. What if this man's storage unit (where he stores all his product) is due. Do you think that the storage place give a rats azz if he is waiting on his ebay hold to be lifted.  And it's never just 3 days. By the time you get the order have it shipped and delivered your looking at 6-7 days. Then add onto that ebays hold. I'm not even going to entertain the amount of times USPS has lost a package I've delivered. Do you know how long it takes to claim an insurance claim. It seems that the buyers are the only ones who benefit from ebays policies and the seller/owner has no say or any voice in the matter. This needs to change

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 19 of 19
latest reply