cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drafts will not save pictures

Ebay app is my exclusive listing platform. Suddenly I can take photos in the app, but they will not save, so I cannot upload the listing. I cant get any work done at all!

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Unable to attach pictures from Photo Library with App Update

@louisianagrey @lili-thorn @bns_northwest

Just checking in to see if you are still having troubles with photos on your listings?

Message 31 of 64
latest reply

@manurva20

Can you let us know the last time you saw this happening? Is it still happening today?

Thanks

Message 32 of 64
latest reply

I'm having the same problem, and I've had it in the past. It comes and goes - don't know why. I've tried this procedure:

1. Go to settings on your iOS device

2. Scroll down to the eBay app

Photos - Allow Read and Write 

Camera - Toggled ON

But there's no options there for Photos or camera. Just not seeing this on my ipad. 

Also, when I open up Sell an item, many of the data inputs are missing - I'm only seeing Title, Category, Photos, Format and Price, Shipping, and Preferences - the rest are missing. It's as if eBay makes updates somewhere, and have no idea of all the ramifications of what they did. I like to use to app for photos because it's so much easier (when it works) because I'm taking photos on the ipad - easier to add and edit. Also, I like to add shipping in the app because it gives a price quote that the ebay web site does not. What's up with that? And if you add shipping in the app and then try to open it up on the web site again, it wipes out your shipping. Clearly some issues between the app and the website. 

Message 33 of 64
latest reply

We're still experiencing this issue. In the mobile app: Selling > Drafts: tap the title or tap See All > Photos > Add a photo icon > take photo(s) > Done

We have had photos fail to appear in the draft at all.

Or

Photos appear in the draft > Save > Login on laptop > Photos failed to save in the draft > return to the mobile app to see photos are no longer saved there either. 

Message 34 of 64
latest reply

We are also having this issue!  VERY frustrating and slowing down business!!

Message 35 of 64
latest reply

Exact same issue for me, started yesterday. So frusterating!

Message 36 of 64
latest reply

@rubirain

Thank you for the post. Is the issue you are having you select or take the photos and then they do not get added to the listing?

Message 37 of 64
latest reply

@veritas-marketplace

Thank you for the details. Are you using the desktop or app to start your drafts?

Message 38 of 64
latest reply

This started happening to me today. iPhone 6, ios 11.2.6

I start the drafts on the desktop and then add the photos from the Camera Roll on the phone.

When I go into the draft and  select the photos I want to add from the camera roll, everything looks normal, there's a progress bar that moves along as though the photos are uploading, but I'm left with  the blank Photos grid as though I haven't added any photos. Re-trying does nothing.

I've rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app.

Message 39 of 64
latest reply

@eclectic_outlet

Thank you for letting us know. Did you upgrade the app today? Or an OS update?  When you create these drafts on the website are you on the simple or advanced listing form?

Could you also try signing out and signing back in?

Message 40 of 64
latest reply

Yup, this sucks. I do everything from the PC except photos, which I take on the phone, add to drafts and list. I do a weekly record auction that will now be late. Your developers need to fix the issue - just hand someone there who had an eBay account an iPhone & get them to try to add photos to an existing draft. You’ll see the issue quickly enough. 

Message 41 of 64
latest reply

@folkstar1789

Can you let us know if you use the advanced or quick listing form on the site? Do you start from a brand new listing or do you sell similar off one of your sold items?

Message 42 of 64
latest reply

I signed out/in on the desktop and then went back to the app on my phone and it appears to work, got photos to load on 4 listings! Thanks.

Here's the answers to your questions
I upgraded the app and the OS today AFTER the issue occurred to see if that would fix it but it did not.
I use the Advanced listing form on the website.
I did have to sign back in when I updated the app.
Message 43 of 64
latest reply

@eclectic_outlet

Were these drafts failing to add the photos before you signed out and signed in? Or are these new drafts created after you signed out and in?

Message 44 of 64
latest reply

The same drafts failed before I signed out/in.

Message 45 of 64
latest reply