cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drafts will not save pictures

Ebay app is my exclusive listing platform. Suddenly I can take photos in the app, but they will not save, so I cannot upload the listing. I cant get any work done at all!

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Unable to attach pictures from Photo Library with App Update

@lili-thorn

Hello. Are you attempting to edit an existing draft or is this for a new listing that you started with the new update?

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

both, i start them on the computer then switch to the app for photos and final listing. Most are previously saved drafts

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

I am also experiencing same problems. I should have never updated. Previous version was way easier to list and sell items.
Message 4 of 64
latest reply

I have video of what is happening, but I can;t seem to share it here.

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

As of this morning (1/31/2018), the iOS updated App lets me select photos, but does not add them to the listing.   I am on an Iphone 6 running iOS 11.2.1   - Is there a fix or something that needs done to make this work.  

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

I am having the same problem yesterday and today, using a very new iPhone 8 plus.  Have you received any advice?

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

still broken. drafts created on phone now work but drafts created on other devices will not allow me to add pictures on the phone. this is 100%how I list. It has been FOUR days now- FIX it.

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

Same problem, posted here and messaged on FB, no one seems to care. Can't list for 4 days now.

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

For the second day now, the ebay app will not let me add photos from either folder option, or by camera. At one point the drafts option disappeared altogether. The photos page totally freezes. It recovered  briefly yesterday and I could add some photos and now it's back to frozen again. One thing that was better that used to not work is the "delete photos" option when making a draft. It used to ask you if you wanted to keep the photos in a sell simlar mode and if you said no, it kept them anyway. Now that is working correctly and you can elect not to keep the old photos. Another thing is now you can't see the letter count in your title. 😞 Wouldn't it be wonderful if everything worked dependably? Why will no one at least address this issue?  I'm trying to figure out how to add photos with a UBS cable to windows 10. Google how to do it. I was hoping they would fix it so I wouldn't have to waste time trying to relearn this option. Someone please help us!

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

lili-thorn to figure out how to use your computer and a USB cable to add photos.  

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

@auntpobbysattic @ti-boome @lili-thorn @goodbuyresale

Thank you for the posts. We want to investigate this issue. The first thing we would like you to check is that the app has permissions to view your gallery and camera.

1. Go to settings on your iOS device

2. Scroll down to the eBay app

Photos - Allow Read and Write 

Camera - Toggled ON

If you have these settings and you still are not getting gallery access can you please send us a screenshot of the app when you attempt to add from the gallery. You can email this to us iosfeedback@ebay.com.

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

@lili-thorn

We would love to see the video. Can you please email it to us iosfeedback@ebay.com this will help us understand what you are seeing.

Thank you

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

Thank you for getting back to me. The app seems to have recovered. I haven't had any issues past yesterday when it recovered. I had all the permissions enabled when I had the issue. I think it might have something to do with an iphone IOS update. I am using the iphone 7 plus. If I have any other issues, I will return for advice. Thank you for your response.
Message 14 of 64
latest reply

I just got a new iPhone 7 plus and I can't get the pictures to upload from the gallery or when I take pictures on the listing. I can't upload photos at all.  I have tried deleting the app and re-installing it. I have tried restarting my phone. I was working on a listing earlier and it worked. Now its not working at all. Is there something I need to do differently? I just installed the app today again and it is not working. I know that this was supposed to be fixed so I don't know why its not working. Please fix it! I need my phone to take pictures.

Message 15 of 64
latest reply