cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drafts will not save pictures

Ebay app is my exclusive listing platform. Suddenly I can take photos in the app, but they will not save, so I cannot upload the listing. I cant get any work done at all!

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Ebay apps no longer works after iOS 11.0.1 update

@tickledluckyducky

We want to investigate this issue. The first thing we would like you to check is that the app has permissions to view your gallery and camera.

1. Go to settings on your iOS device

2. Scroll down to the eBay app

Photos - Allow Read and Write 

Camera - Toggled ON

If you have these settings and you still are not getting gallery access can you please send us a screenshot of the app when you attempt to add from the gallery. You can email this to us iosfeedback@ebay.com.

Message 16 of 64
latest reply

I am having the same issue. Sometimes I'm able to upload photos. Sometimes not. There's nothing to screenshot. When I click "upload" the images simply dissapear.  I've verified that I've enabled permission in settings. Any ideas??

Message 17 of 64
latest reply

I'm encountering this issue now too, and it wasn't after an update. I took photos this morning and uploaded them with no issue.

Took more photos and went to add them to another listing and can't. I've closed the app, rebooted my phone, checked my settings (as you noted above) and they are correct. I tried taking a photo with the app to add instead and it wouldn't add it.

There really isn't a screenshot to shot - it looks normal when I go to add it: I click the camera icon, it asks if I want to use camera or photos, it lets me either take a photo or select photos, I click add, it looks like it's adding and then the gallery is blank...

Message 18 of 64
latest reply

@creekbank-inc @ti-boome @cardinal.lane @tickledluckyducky

Thank you for the reports. We got a video of this happening so now we understand what you all are seeing. Do you know if this is happening on both wifi and cellular?

Message 19 of 64
latest reply

Started a listing on my computer and saved to draft.
Then try to use eBay iOS app on iPhone X running system 11.2.5 to add photos to draft.

I click on photos > photo library > select less than 12 photos > click "add" and no photos are added. 

I have tried to save and reopen, still no photos appear in the listing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled eBay app and have restarted my iPhone. 
I have ensured that the eBay App has "read and write" access and the camera is toggled "on" within the setting of my iPhone X. 

I am in a wi-fi environment.
The results are the same.  I am unable to add photos to an existing draft. 

Message 20 of 64
latest reply

@clkla

Thanks for the extra details could you please send us an email at iosfeedback@ebay.com so we can try to get more information.

Thanks

Message 21 of 64
latest reply

email sent.
Message 22 of 64
latest reply

steps are the same as @clkla

Message 23 of 64
latest reply

@creekbank-inc

Thank you. Can you let us know what information you add to the draft on desktop before you move to the app? Can you also post the URL of the selling tool you are using on the desktop.

Thanks

Message 24 of 64
latest reply

I'm suddenly getting the same problem today - can't upload photos taken on the Ipad to draft listings created on the laptop. Worked OK last week, now today it doesn't.

If I mail myself the photos from the Ipad and then save them to the laptop they upload OK using Firefox. If I upload to Ebay using Safari from the Ipad it works OK. Clearly the problem lies in the app itself, not the website

Message 25 of 64
latest reply

I'm using WIFI when it happens

Message 26 of 64
latest reply

It does the same thing on Wi-Fi and Cellular! For about 10 minutes I was able to take and upload pictures to my listings using the app, then it stopped working. I take the pictures but when I upload them, the pictures simply disappear.

How can we stay in business if we can't upload pictures?

Message 27 of 64
latest reply

Same problem here. Photos pretend like they’re uploading, but then disappear. Updated iOS hoping that was the problem, restarted phone, deleted and reinstalled Ebay app.... nothing helps.

Message 28 of 64
latest reply

I'm having the same problem as all of the above. Photos won't upload. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, turning my phone off and on, everything is up to date, etc. When I am in the draft trying to upload the photos, it also looks like the preferences are not set and it says "select" below preferences, then select payment, then method, then I just get to a blank screen after that. I need to be able to get this stuff listed. I suppose for now I'll just see about importing the photos to my computer to upload from there.

Message 29 of 64
latest reply

Literally so frustrated near tears having the same exact issue. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. But this is how I feed my kid. Idk what to do. 

Message 30 of 64
latest reply