cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Notifications - No notifications, No cha-ching, Late notifications

If you are experiencing problems with no notifications, late notifications, incorrect sounds please read this post. We will provide some common troubleshooting steps to get your notifications showing up properly.

• Notifications not arriving - Sign out and Sign in
  • Cha-Ching sound is missing - Sign out, uninstall the app and reinstall the app. 
  • Notifications do not show up until app is open - Adjust the battery saving settings on your device

How to adjust the batter saving settings:

Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Special Access > Battery optimization > Select All Apps at the top > eBay (Set this to ‘Not Optimized’)

Settings > Smart Manager > App Manager > Auto-Start Tab > Set eBay to “Restrict” 

Settings > Smart Manager > App Manager > Deep Hibernate Tab > Toggle eBay to ‘Not optimized’

Samsung S9 Settings > Device Care > Battery > Settings >  Adaptive battery toggle.. "Limit battery usage for apps that you don't use often. Your phone will learn how you use apps over time." Toggle OFF

We will keep this topic updated. Please let us know if you have other problems with notifications.

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Troubleshooting Notifications - No notifications, No cha-ching, Late notifications

6/7/2021  Notifications of a sale coming in 3 hours later. 

Laurie
Message 91 of 101
latest reply

Re: Troubleshooting Notifications - No notifications, No cha-ching, Late notifications

HI- I uninstalled and reinstalled and the cha-ching sound isn't available as an option for a sound to choose from.  Samsung Galaxy S9+. Please help!! 

Message 92 of 101
latest reply

If anyone is having trouble getting notifications on a new Android phone then you might be still signed in on your old device. I could receive SMS messages from Ebay but not notifications. Tried everything on Google with no luck. I finally reinstalled the Ebay app on my new Android and used the alternate sign in method to get in (had an SMS message sent) . 

Then I hit the 3 bars in the upper left, clicked settings, and clicked Signing In. Then hit 2 step verification. I cant remember what the options it had at that point but one of them will tell you that you are signed in on another device and ask if you want to use this new phone instead. And just like that the notifications started working.

Hope that saves someone an hour that I had to spend. 

Message 93 of 101
latest reply

Were you able to get your cha ching / cash register sound back? I can't get it with the eBay app now. I have a new Samsung Galaxy A52. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mobile app. I also followed your instructions. There is no choice to make for a cash register sound on the Samsung menu. I'm pretty sure this was an automatic sound with the eBay app on my old phone. I want my cha ching back!

Message 94 of 101
latest reply

I have a new moto g play and none of these options have worked for me to turn on the cha ching!!!

Message 95 of 101
latest reply

I receive the 15 minute notification of an auction ending but not the 5 minute notification. On my iPhone, I used to recieve both the 15 and 5 minute notifications. I had no problems with the ebay app on my iPhone.

I've only had these problems recently and with my Android phone (Galaxy). It has nothing to do with battery save mode either since I had the app going in the background and still did not know the auction ended. I've never changed my preferences in the Desktop version so I do not know why I no longer receive the 5 minute notification of auction ending. I also should not have to turn off battery save mode for all other apps just so the ebay app will work. Why don't you guys focus on actually improving ebay instead of the current course of tearing it down? Started going downhill years ago and seems to be approaching it's deathbed. (Why you took away the ability for sellers to be paid via paypal account is beyond me.)

Message 96 of 101
latest reply

good vibe

Message 97 of 101
latest reply

I had this issue with no notifications until opening the app a couple of years ago, and just experienced it again software upgrade. I'm using a Huawei Mate 20 X and on EMUI 12

Firstly I went to settings and searched Battery Optimisation, click the drip down to 'All Apps' and ensure eBay is 'not allowed'.

Secondly

Go to settings Apps and then Apps again and locate 'ebay'. Note you can also hold down the eBay icon on home screen or app drawer and go to 'app info'.

Click 'Power Usage Details'

Then 'Launch Settings'

The toggle OFF 'Managr Automatically'

This worked for me on my Huawei, I'm sure other android phones have similar/same settings.

Good luck

Message 98 of 101
latest reply

This is an issue with Doze on Android. eBay needs to send these messages as high priority over FCM. On Android you can no longer rely on the app continuing to run in the background to get important notifications. eBay can easily fix this if they were half bothered.

Message 99 of 101
latest reply

As a developer, this here is the real reason why this happens. Even if battery optimisation is turned off, there is no guarantee the app is always running in the background. eBay needs to update the app to send these notifications as high priority over FCM.

Message 100 of 101
latest reply

Its September 2022 and this is still happening - it's not my phone, it's not my settings, it's not my battery saving ability, I have been through ALL of the steps outlined above.  It's the app. FIX THE APP! As a seller I am constantly checking the app because I do not trust that I will get notifications when bids or offers come in for my eBay sales. Just a moment ago, and entirely out of curiosity, I checked my app and found an offer I hadn't seen that had only a few hours left on it. It was sitting there for almost 36hrs without any notification from the app! FIX THE DARN APP!

Message 101 of 101
latest reply