cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Notifications - No notifications, No cha-ching, Late notifications

If you are experiencing problems with no notifications, late notifications, incorrect sounds please read this post. We will provide some common troubleshooting steps to get your notifications showing up properly.

• Notifications not arriving - Sign out and Sign in
  • Cha-Ching sound is missing - Sign out, uninstall the app and reinstall the app. 
  • Notifications do not show up until app is open - Adjust the battery saving settings on your device

How to adjust the batter saving settings:

Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Special Access > Battery optimization > Select All Apps at the top > eBay (Set this to ‘Not Optimized’)

Settings > Smart Manager > App Manager > Auto-Start Tab > Set eBay to “Restrict” 

Settings > Smart Manager > App Manager > Deep Hibernate Tab > Toggle eBay to ‘Not optimized’

Samsung S9 Settings > Device Care > Battery > Settings >  Adaptive battery toggle.. "Limit battery usage for apps that you don't use often. Your phone will learn how you use apps over time." Toggle OFF

We will keep this topic updated. Please let us know if you have other problems with notifications.

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Troubleshooting Notifications - No notifications, No cha-ching, Late notifications

I use a galaxy s10 plus and I do not recieve notifications anymore.  I've tried all of the possible "solutions" listed, and no dice...

I used to recieve all notifications from the app when I first purchased the phone.  Then there were several android updates and security updates and the notifications stopped.  I can only recieve notifications when I open the app.

Ebay has definitely not been keeping up with android.  The same can be said for many other app providers as well. 

Please fix this issue.  I recieve app updates all of the time from Ebay.  Not one has addressed this issue.  I'm really getting tired of the posts by Ebay staff telling users to fix the issue.  It is Ebay's responsibility to fix this problem. 

Message 76 of 101
latest reply

Can't keep them quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to turn them off completely. I even set  Quiet times and it still chirps. I like to get the notifications but I don't need an audible alert.

Message 77 of 101
latest reply

way to hard to understand. Thanks anyway
Message 78 of 101
latest reply

what app do you open.
Message 79 of 101
latest reply

I did what you suggested and ca-ching  sound did not return. what else I need to do?

Message 80 of 101
latest reply

The same here.. still can't hear ca ching sound
Message 81 of 101
latest reply

you recommendations : Cha-Ching sound is missing - Sign out, uninstall the app and reinstall the app. 

NOT WORKING.. what else I can do

Message 82 of 101
latest reply

Something is still wrong with messages loading.

Now when you take pics they are either upside down or lop sided.

This is so annoying.

Message 83 of 101
latest reply

Since the latest update, push messages are no longer coming through. Tried everything in the troubleshooting guide. I'm using a honor 10.

Message 84 of 101
latest reply

Same here. Can get the annoying advertisement notifications, but NOTHING from selling (Bid receive, offer to review etc..) This is a joke. I have adjusted all notifications uninstalled reinstalled force stopped cleared cache logged in and out on and on and on dozens of times with no result. Pretty important to have when selling items

Message 85 of 101
latest reply

Just found this thread, in 7/20, and I have had this problem for many, months, perhaps years. Had my phone back to US Cellular several times, and all settings are set correctly, according to them. I get all the eBay meaningless notifications that I don't want, and don't need, and none of the notifications that I do want, and do need. I have tried to follow the instructions above, but all of the tabs on my J737 Samsung phone are different than what is shown above, and so far, all I have done is screw up my phone again. I have no idea of where the problem actually resides. Is it eBay, is it my phone, is it the settings, is the ISP, etc?

Message 86 of 101
latest reply

Has anyone found a fix for this as I’ve tried everything including formatting my phone and reinstalling and still nothing .. my phone is a Samsung s7 

Message 87 of 101
latest reply

I am an Ebay seller and rely on the Ebay app 24/7 for real time notifications.

Up until today, I have been using an old Samsung Note 3 which worked perfectly for selling notifications- every bid notified me as well as items selling and customer messages- they all would make a sound (incoming bids would do the Cha-ching) and they would sit in the notification bar after that.   THis would work fine even if the phone was sleeping.

I just got a REDMI NOTE 9 PRO by Xiaomi. These phones are becoming very popular. This phone is running MIUI 11 over Android I believe.

HOWEVER- THE EBAY APP IS NOT PUSHING OUT NOTIFICATIONS WHEN THE PHONE IS ASLEEP.

I have set the battery optimization for the Ebay app to "No Restrictions" and have gone through every setting in the Ebay APP and the phone settings to make sure Notifications are set to ON and "show on lockscreen", while asleep, etc.

But NO LUCK.   They seems to come in just fine if I open the App, and for a little while after having opened the app... but once the phone is locked, or it sleeps- it will not make sounds, or show notifications.

My old NOTE 3 will be sitting right next to the new REDMI phone and the note3 will be pinging off bid cha-chings, in realtime, while the new redmi phone will do NOTHING until I open up the Ebay app- then they will all come in as a flood.

It also may be useful to know that the CHA-CHING sound is missing for *certain* types of notifications on the new Redmi phone.

Incoming bids do not have the CHA-CHING available- for some reason, when you go to look at the custom sound for "selling" it comes defaulted to a weird error-looking sound, which reads "notif_item_sold"

under "general notifications" the custom sound shows as "notif_general"

However, the "item sold" notification WILL do the CHA-CHING, so that is weird.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Ebay app twice now.

Reeeeeallly need my real time Ebay notifications working on my new phone... please HELP!

Message 88 of 101
latest reply

App is messed up big time now. 8th February 2021.

Working fine until this morning.

No notifications, no cha ching sound. 

Spent 6 hours trying all the 'guaranteed' fixes. Still doesn't work

Great stuff. 

Message 89 of 101
latest reply

I get the cha ching when I open my phone. Or when the auction already ended. This has been a problem for a few months. 

Message 90 of 101
latest reply