cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode dark theme breaks app

Please help. The new theme breaks the app, I can't see my text when I go to log in, it's all white, leaving me to log in blind, and once in the app, many buttons are simply missing because they aren't displayed properly. Please fix or revert, we should have been given a choice. 

Message 3 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Re: Night mode dark theme breaks app

Back again with an update on the Dark Mode (make that Dark Mood!).

My phone app continues to be "dark background" with occassional white background with black writing as it should be, but also sometimes white background with white writing, until the item is clicked upon when white background with black writing appears.

Doesn't matter what time of day - so no mystery "day - night theme" working away elsewhere (I've looked on the phone and cannot find any).

Slow and tedious!

No ebay updates this week in the UK via Samsung ot Talkmobile / Vodafone data provider..

This is a significant issue for me - please please resolve quickly.

WWickeDD suggests Downgrade to 5.17.1.1 - I don't know how to acheive that - I guess a google search will show me?

Can anyone help?

Message 76 of 138
latest reply

Same here. During day is fine. Problem is at night. Note 8. Cannot use the app

Message 77 of 138
latest reply

@vintagephones4funwrote:

Same here. During day is fine. Problem is at night. Note 8. Cannot use the app

Mine is black all the time - day and night. I've tried turning off night mode in the phone and changing the theme as other suggested, no change.

Although, I was asked to take a short survey in the app, which I did and stated this problem. Miraculously, after submitting the survey, the app went back to the normal white background and black writing!! 

Until I closed the app and opened it again ... back to the black background ... 😞

BTW, is anyone from ebay reading this thread?!  It'd be nice if they gave some feedback from time to time....

Message 78 of 138
latest reply

Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300) running Lineage OS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2). Updated to March 8th 2018. Ebay version 5.18.1.2

Still got only the black on black UI. Login screen White on White.

I do use Live Display, appearance is the same in Day & Night mode.

I have rebooted phone, whipped eBay settings and reinstalled eBay, no change.

My tablet still works fine. Acer aspire 10.1" (B3-A20 / A5008).

Message 79 of 138
latest reply

Same issue here, which looks to be related to Android's "night mode". It's a little ridiculous that eBay seem to be unable to fix after this amount of time.

Device: Hauwai P10

Message 80 of 138
latest reply

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android 7.0 

Uninstalled and re-installed eBay app on 3/11/2018 with no change to black screen issue.

Message 81 of 138
latest reply

Many responses, and almost a week with no updates. 

We've informed you of phones from different brands and included op system information and my last post included some detailed step by step testing (that other users have also confirmed)  to help with your troubleshooting.

If possible, can we get a status update on what your team thinks may be the problem? 

Thank you.

Message 82 of 138
latest reply

My phone just started doing this last night. Lg v10 3/11/18.
Message 83 of 138
latest reply

I have updated the app since this thread and it's still black 

Message 84 of 138
latest reply

I have exactly the same issues. 

Message 85 of 138
latest reply

Same issues here on my Google Pixel 2 XL 😞

Just kicked in again now. Very annoying! Can't even see how many watchers I have on my active listings. Let alone all the other issues when trying to search for products etc. Really need a fix for this eBay!
Message 86 of 138
latest reply

Still no fix and no response from eBay despite signing up to test any updates. I'm now using the eBay app in accessibility mode. The high contrast text option puts a white border around the black text so at least I'm able to see to sort & filter results.

Message 87 of 138
latest reply

Just found out how to fix it, just go in the phone brightness setting, turn it all the way up, then the app will turn back to light mode, then you can turn the brightness back down. Repeat if needed.

Message 88 of 138
latest reply

I works for a while then stuck in dark theme again, cannot have the light theme back, eBay please fix it

I hate the dark theme

Message 89 of 138
latest reply

Turning brightness up did not work for me.

Message 90 of 138
latest reply