cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow refresh rate on The Community

Has anyone noticed that The Community has been really slow today in refreshing or changing screens?  No other web site has had that issue today, just The Community ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Slow refresh rate on The Community

yep, slow here ...........on firefox

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

Me too ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 17 of 46
latest reply

My constant status bar notification ... "Waiting for community.ebay.com ... "

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Good morning @Anonymous,

Welcome back. Can you investigate the performance issue with the forums and give us an update? It's virtually unusable at this point.

Thanks!
Message 19 of 46
latest reply

@newview wrote:

My constant status bar notification ... "Waiting for community.ebay.com ... "

That is what I get as well. It has been super slow since Saturday to the point of being almost unusable.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

Like watching paint dry

or grass grow
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Actually, wasn't there talk of a new Community "experience" in the works?

They're probably tinkering with things again.
Message 22 of 46
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Like watching paint dry

or grass grow

I'm trying to make it work by reading one thread while waiting for another one to load, but apparently I read too fast. It's as if the hamster pulled a hamstring.

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

yes..very very slow for two days...

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 24 of 46
latest reply

By comparison it makes the actual ebay pages look like they're on speed.
Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Oops...This thread originated on the Selling Board and landed here without any notification on the Selling Board that it was being moved!

I don't think anyone has a problem with threads being moved to a more appropriate board as long as there is notification left as to where the thread is being moved ~ however, in some cases, imho, threads such as this should be left on the original board for greater exposure ~ and unfortunately the Community Platform Feedback board doesn't get the same amount of traffic as the Selling Board...and this particular subject, "Slow Loading" affects all Community users ~ so in order for community members experiencing slow refresh time from having to...

...delete cookies and cache because they think it is their device causing the problem

...turning off device and waiting the recommended 30 seconds before rebooting because they think the slow refresh time is caused by their device

...they could have just read the thread about slow loading/refreshing and known that it was a Community/Lithium problem and that they weren't alone and no amount of "fixing" on their part was necessary....and, yes, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! Smiley Frustrated 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 26 of 46
latest reply

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Looking into this with Lithium.

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Has anyone noticed that The Community has been really slow today in refreshing or changing screens?  No other web site has had that issue today, just The Community ...

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Oops...This thread originated on the Selling Board and landed here without any notification on the Selling Board that it was being moved!

I found this thread because there was a move notification on page 2 of the Selling board.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Slow-refresh-rate-on-The-Community/m-p/28875444#M1271847

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

@hidy-hoo, Community Platform Feedback is the appropriate spot for Community issues, so the move was correct. I keep an eye on this board for Community issues.

Also, looks like there was a proper post of movement, it had just slipped to page two as the Selling board is more active than Community feedback.

Thanks for the suggestions as well, good ones to always take!

@hidy-hoo wrote:

I don't think anyone has a problem with threads being moved to a more appropriate board as long as there is notification left as to where the thread is being moved ~ however, in some cases, imho, threads such as this should be left on the original board for greater exposure ~ and unfortunately the Community Platform Feedback board doesn't get the same amount of traffic as the Selling Board...and this particular subject, "Slow Loading" affects all Community users ~ so in order for community members experiencing slow refresh time from having to...

...delete cookies and cache because they think it is their device causing the problem

...turning off device and waiting the recommended 30 seconds before rebooting because they think the slow refresh time is caused by their device

...they could have just read the thread about slow loading/refreshing and known that it was a Community/Lithium problem and that they weren't alone and no amount of "fixing" on their part was necessary....and, yes, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! Smiley Frustrated 

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

@hidy-hoo, Community Platform Feedback is the appropriate spot for Community issues, so the move was correct. I keep an eye on this board for Community issues.

Also, looks like there was a proper post of movement, it had just slipped to page two as the Selling board is more active than Community feedback.

Thanks for the suggestions as well, good ones to always take!

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Yup, Doug, I agree...this is the correct spot for all Community issues and I was going to post the link to this board on Mr. Lincoln's thread this morning, but I couldn't find it...and yes, I did check on page 2 and saw no threads that had the lock which is what I was looking for...if I missed it, then my apologies.

You must know that I am a fan and huge supporter of the Community Platform Feedback Board and the Community Team, but really do think that there are appropriate times when certain threads should be left on the originating board for more exposure...perhaps they can be posted on both boards so you will be made aware of the issue ~ thanks for the reply...feeling less grouchy! Smiley Tongue

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 30 of 46
latest reply