cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Donkey Word Not Allowed Here is on Ebay Home Landing Page

In touting its faux "Prime Day", Ebay has gone to the naughty vocabulary.  I don't care, but funny how that word can't be used here on the forum.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

I guess it's only a naughty word when it's used for name-calling and not when it's preceded by kick-.

kick-ass test

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

I guess it's only a naughty word when it's used for name-calling and not when it's preceded by kick-.

kick-ass test

Is it allowed or just the mods aren't awake yet?

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

Time will tell. I thought the list of bleeped words was automatic.  The mods are stretched pretty thin, as it is.  Time for another test:

You're an ***.

EDIT: It didn't get bleeped, but I'm not taking any chances!

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

I've been told by eBay employees that the bleeping is not automatic, it has to be done manually by a mod.

And that the mods are not always onsite 24/7. I don't see any online at the moment.

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

I've been told by eBay employees that the bleeping is not automatic, it has to be done manually by a mod.....

Definitely not true.  Usually the bleep is instantaneous.  Time for more testing!

**bleep** **bleep** **bleep** hell **bleep**

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

I just used it in quotes responding to Sockmonkey Dave's post. I am shocked they would use the phrase srolling across banners. I guess we know who the target audience is, not boomers or gen x's, but Very Young Millenials!

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

I've been told by eBay employees that the bleeping is not automatic, it has to be done manually by a mod.

If that were true, the mods have the best reflexes of any life form I'm aware of. My bleeps show up instantly.

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

Does the hyphen matter?  Because as an adjective it's not supposed to be hyphenated.

kickass

kick-ass

Edit:  Nope, the hyphen does not offend.

Let's see how it works as a verb:

Go out there and kick ass today, sellers !

Edit Edit:  Yay !  So far so good.   How about:

Oh, don't be an ass.

Edit Edit Edit:  I am so happy to learn we can now use this word any which ol' way.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 9 of 52
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

And that the mods are not always onsite 24/7. I don't see any online at the moment.

Considering today's society and the current useage of today's 'popular', emphatic, expressive, concise, and meaningful vocabulary, that mod must be the up and coming next millionaire, just from the overtime to maintain and police the system.  Smiley Surprised  And, they get time off, too?  Smiley Very Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 52
latest reply

I guess we will soon see if this is one of them "DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO" Parenting Rules.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

Let's see if that will be the magic "phrase that pays"!

Maybe we can use it in our item titles and/or descriptions and get more traffic to our listings---haha.

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

Wow, that's funny! Thanks for sharing, jobs.

If anyone wants to read it here is their profanity policy. Notice how MEMBERS cannot use bad words. That means eBay can? And the homepage is not listed as a 'public area', so bad words can be put there?

We want all our members to have a positive experience on eBay. As such, we don’t allow members to use language that we consider to be defamatory, offensive, or that could be seen as abuse or harassment.

Please read our full policy guidelines below for additional details of the types of language and behavior this covers.

Frequently Asked Questions
What sort of language isn't allowed on eBay?

eBay doesn't allow the use of hateful, offensive, profane, or vulgar language in public areas of the website. Public areas include listings, profiles, feedback, discussion boards, and more.

Defamatory language (language or comments that could be considered harmful to the reputation of another eBay member) is also strictly prohibited on eBay.

How can I report abusive behavior or defamatory comments?

How you let us know about the inappropriate language depends on where you see it:

• If someone left you abusive or profane feedback, review our Member-to-member contact policy and contact us to report the feedback
  • If you've come across a listing that you believe is offensive, please report the listing to us
  • If another member has made comments about you that you consider defamatory, or if you've received offensive or abusive messages from another eBay member, you can report the buyer or the seller to us

BTW, be very careful when using that word here on the boards. You can post the words that should not be said, and some get bleeped automatically.

If you post them to see if they get bleebed on purpose, you can get banned. Don't ask how I know.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 13 of 52
latest reply

Wow I didn't believe you. I had to go to the landing page to make sure you didn't photoshop that in ! 

Hypocritical if we get bleeped here. Looks to me the go ahead and use it is now condoned by ebay. Thanks ebay! You gave me something I actually like, surprise surprise, it's kick-ass! 

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Hypocritical to say the least. I`m sure this will turn off as many as they are trying to excite. Another bad move by ebay IMO.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 15 of 52
latest reply