Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Unable to leave negative feedback on “Qualified” seller until a week passes?

Why is this even a thing? Shouldn’t you be able to leave negative feedback on all sellers if they deserve it without having to wait? I now have to wait a week before leaving a warning about a seller who falsely advertised and refuses to be of any hel...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 25 replies
  • 1 helpful

Bought an item, it does not appear on the "sold Items" section nor on the sellers sold items list

I contacted the seller & she/he responded that it's going out to me tomorrow. So it appears that the seller is real. I have seen this once or twice before where the listing basically disapears, if I wasn't the buyer I wouldn't be able to see it. Thos...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

What Happened????

I put in a maximum bid of 10000.00 the current bid was 8500, and mine was properly shown as 8600. No bids showed in between, and I won the item paying 10000. What happened??

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Bidder Frustrations

Am I the only that gets annoyed when people agressively bid? I don't think some people realize this, but you DON'T need to be the highest bidder at all times to win an aution. I'll literally scope something out for days waiting to bid on it, then I'l...

buyer dillemma, Ebay MOTOR

Hello community, I am bidding on a classic Car, I'm excited and unsettled. The seller has this listed on their page:"There is a $500 deposit required immediately at bids closing and the remaining balance is to be paid with cash or bankcheck (cashiers...

Buyer re-paid for canceled order.

A buyer purchased a listing with 2 two available but said there was a problem paying shipping and asked to cancel the order. The buyer said that they still wanted to purchase the item, so I relisted the two as a set because that seemed like an apropr...

stamps

I don't know why most stamp dealers on ebay choose to call a "regummed" stamp and a "no gum" stamp, both as "unused". They quote scott cat. prices for their benefit, well, scott states "values for pre-1890 unused issues are for stamps with approximat...

Suspicious car seller

Id like to know or veriry if those informations are true about a car I want buy . I got doubt about it eBay sent this message to Hubert Bonhomme. Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. eBay Motors - Purchase Prote...

Need invoice copies, can't find them

I need invoice copies of some things I bought for busniess purposes, I bought them as a buy it now and I don't think a invoice was sent. It says "In the Invoices box, from the Select Invoice drop-down menu, choose the invoice you want to display." Bu...

Seller is trying to cancel after 4 1/2 days saying shipping is higher

I had to contact the seller after 4 1/2 days to ask for shipping update. He replies that due to his error he wants me to pay extra $300 for shipping! He has requested a cancellation now after I told him he needs to honor our agreement. He is not new ...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! "Request total from seller" was automatically rejected but still committed me to buy

I wanted to purchase two items from an international seller so shipping would be expensive for them. I used "Request total from seller" to see if they would offer combine shipping for the items. The items are trading cards so shipping should be easy ...

Is it OK for sellers to invent their own Model numbers for things?

I realize that being a collector and a Commodore history buff makes me more than a bit **bleep** about some things, but this eBay listing for a Commodore CM-141 monitor, which has been around for several months, bothers me. He calls it a "1903", but ...

Fake travel vouchers

What's the best way to draw ebay's attention to a niche scam? For a couple of years, I've been watching Amtrak vouchers being sold, and 99% of them seem to be from brand new sellers who list 1 voucher, sell (or don't) and are never heard from again. ...

I have been scam by a seller. What can I do.

Yesterday, a seller was selling some high end computer graphic card between $125 to $150 which retails around $600-$800 and as of now the price for these graphic card have hit the thousands due to supply and demand. I thought I was getting a good dea...

USD versus GBP

Within the last week I have retracted two bids which I am loathe to do to any respectable seller; however, on both occasions it was due to USD versus GBP. If other countries wish to particpate in eBay USA then they should be required to have all list...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors