Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! No response from seller

Ordered & paid for item on 10/15.ETA 10/20... though I don’t bank on that, so I wait for a few days.I’ve sent two messages to the seller (who has + feedback), politely asking if they were no longer interested in selling the hat. They were selling for...

How do I get information on a bidder?

Can I find out which sellers a bidder has bought from? Or what the bidder's history is. It is interesting and annoying that a buyer can only receive positive feedback when in fact he has scammed some sellers.

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do I send a message to a buyer containing a feedback link?

A while back, I purchased an item on eBay and the seller sent me a message with a link to review and leave feedback on the transaction. The message is timed out so I cannot respond with a message to the seller to ask them. So I am asking if anyone kn...

Disruptive Bidders

I am a buyer of Apple iMac computers, for repair or reconditioning. Apple products appear to be targeted by bogus bidders with zero feedback, who put in a single unrealistic bid on items and when they win never pay and are unresponsive to sellers mes...

Ebay Search Engines

It's getting impossible to search for items. Only a few are coming up when there are many. I "stumble" on items that my previous searches should've picked up. It happened again today. Using some of the exact title words do not always bring up the ite...

PICKUPTEN coupon only gives error: You already applied this code to an order.

When trying to apply today´s coupon PICKUPTEN it always gives me the error : You already applied this code to an order Even tough I haven´t placed an order for weeks. It´s not fair that I´ll miss on the coupon because of technical problems and I´m fo...

• 10 replies
  • 7 helpful

Seller sent wrong item and admited, resent the item to wrong address, and then refuses to refund

What should I do now.Back in August 13th I purchased a $20 item from a China based seller. A month later on September 20th, I recieved a message from him where he admitted that he sent out the wrong item the first time, and resent the item again. The...

wrong item admission.png

Refund with ebay bucks

I have a favorite clothing style I like to buy on ebay; the manufacturer has changed to cheaper methods, but if I can find NOS or used it's good. The last item I bought was one of the new type that was cheaply made and fit poorly. It's not the seller...

Bought an item listed as something it is not.

I purchased a new other(New- Opened Box) Graphics card. The item was listed as a GTX 1080, but after doing further research, the item pictured is actually a much older GTX 770(I think). The description of the item and everything said it was a 1080. I...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

This weasel seller is giving all sellers a bad name

So I bought a fixed price item about $200 lower than the going price. The next day the seller cancels the item saying "buyer requested cancellation." I message the buyer to ask what's going on... mentioning we never even communicated. The seller expl...

Can't leave review on fraudulent sale.

Ran into an interesting (and expensive) problem. Bought a "new" cell phone. After 4 months, it went bad. When we went to get it fixed under warranty, we discovered that the phone had previously been reported as bad, was replaced under warranty and th...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Strange acting seller

Hi! I win an auction, wich in description said, may not ship in my country. I contact with seller and asking him, about variant to ship this item in my country (EU). He respond after 4 hours, that he shipping only in US. Two hours later i getting inv...

• 26 replies
  • 0 helpful

Thanks eBay for allowing buyers to get scammed by timeshare auctions

Timeshare auctions are not covered by eBays protection plan, which is perfect for fraudelent sellers to prey on buyers who think they get a good deal. The sellers also only accept AMEX and/or Cash payments (bank transfers). I almost got burnt thousan...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors