cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange acting seller

Hi! I win an auction, wich in description said, may not ship in my country. I contact with seller and asking him, about variant to ship this item in my country (EU). He respond after 4 hours, that he shipping only in US. Two hours later i getting invoice with 300$ extra charge for shipping from US. So i try to contact with him, asking to canceling the order and what i see? He already relisted this item and trying to sell it twice. I can't contact with him, he ignoring my letters. Now i got unpaid item case from eBay. Don't know what to do, i think it's some sort of scam. Need community help!

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Strange acting seller

You should have asked about the shipping option BEFORE you bid on the auction.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

yes that is a scam make sure you have all you emails and messages saved. ebay saves all them messages so thats in your favor but at the same time ebay will say that it is the buyes responcibility to look over description first so its a round circle if you know what i mean. good luck and i hope it goes in your favor

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

Nobody's Perfect!

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

Thank you for the kind words! I got all the mails, copy all of them to gmail. Reporting his relisted item as fraudulent listing activities.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

This isn't a fraud or scam.  It would only be a fraud if the  item got sold, paid for, and then never shipped.  

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

Seller, trying sell this item twice. If it's not a scam, tell me please how this called?

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

Seller could have, but was not required to accept your request to cancel, & would then have avoided  paying selling fees to ebay.

Your seller chose to file an unpaid item case, if you do not pay you do risk receiving a strike from ebay for failure to pay & complete the transaction, your seller will not be obligated to pay ebay selling fees.

Always have all questions and issues satisfactorily answered & resolved before biding or agreeing to buy.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

@kostyou wrote:

Seller, trying sell this item twice. If it's not a scam, tell me please how this called?

Because the first buyer didn't pay and indicted they will not be paying. So the seller relisted to sell to someone who will.  The buyer should have asked about shipping to their country before purchasing 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

Pay for the item and ask the seller to ship it and cancel the current listing
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

@adria-6744 wrote:
Pay for the item and ask the seller to ship it and cancel the current listing

The buyer doesn’t want to pay the $300 shipping 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

@kostyou wrote:

Thank you for the kind words! I got all the mails, copy all of them to gmail. Reporting his relisted item as fraudulent listing activities.

Let's review this.

1. The seller lists a widget and explicitly indicates he does not ship your country.

2. You decide, I don't care what the seller wants I am going to bid on it anyway.

3. You win/purchase the item and eMail the seller for shipping cost to your country, knowing the seller doesn't do that, but you feel it's okay to badger or force him to ship to you anyway. Heck, you have already proven you are a nice guy. Right?

4. The seller writes back that it will cost $300 to ship the item to you, and then promptly relists the item.

5. What a dirty rat, you're thinking, you want to get even. "this is fraud, you say" and you're going to report it.

6. Ebay will do nothing. So, if you really want to get back at him, wait a few days after the item sells then pay him the price plus $300. What's he going to do? He no longer has the item and he can't ship it to you, you'll get a refund. Or maybe he will ship the wrong item? and keep the postage fees, then...

This has become a crazy situation. The seller doesn't have to ship to you if he doesn't want to and eBay won't make him.

Just face the facts, you made a mistake. You should have asked about shipping to a foreign country, if the seller refused, you could have looked for the same item being sold by someone who will ship to you, or arrange your own 3rd party shipping service. I have done that for items shipped from Japan to the US.

At this point, there is nothing you can do. Just ride it out. eBay will send you a notice to pay. If you don't pay, you will receive and unpaid item strike. Nothing will happen if this is your first strike. In due time, 6-12 months, the strike will be removed from your account. Wiped clean. But if you incur several more unpaid item strikes in the meantime, eBay may limit your buying privileges or even cancel your account and ban you from the site.

You made a mistake. Time to own up and move on. Learn form your mistake and vow to play nice in the future.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

The "may not ship to your country" is, unless I'm mistaken something that eBay throws in when the seller doesn't add any shipping methods for international sales.  Anytime you see that one the Payment & Shipping page you should ask the seller if he will ship to your country before placing a bid.

It appears that while the seller doesn't usually ship to destinations outside of  the United States he has decided to make an exception for you provided that you are willing to pay the cost.  Apparently you are not.  Your request that he cancel the transaction indicates that.  Of course, the seller is not required to honor your request to cancel, but may do so if he chooses.  Or he may file a UID against you.

With regard to his listing the item again, it is possible that the seller may have more of the item and has listed another.  Of course, he may simply decided to honor your request to cancel and you have not received the notification yet.  Alas!  Glitches are not uncommon on eBay these days.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

For those who's got wild imagination, i'll try to explain it again...

1. Right after auction ends, i was send message to seller, with one question: Can you ship this item to my country?

2. The seller respond with refuse. Two words i got from him "US only".

3. Later i got the invoice from eBay with extra 300 bucks for shiping.

4. After less then 24 hours, seller relisted the item that i won on auction.

5. I send him message : What is going on? Do you ship that item, or canceling the order? He ignored the message.

6. I send another mail: Please, cancel the order. He ignored the message.

7. After 3 days i got unpaid item case from him.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Strange acting seller

Your seller should be reported for charging "Exorbitant" shipping fees. $300 dollars extra charge for shipping, seriously.

Do not pay this seller a dime. Remember, X number of nonpayments = 1 Strike.
Message 15 of 27
latest reply