cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund with ebay bucks

I have a favorite clothing style I like to buy on ebay; the manufacturer has changed to cheaper methods, but if I can find NOS or used it's good.  The last item I bought was one of the new type that was cheaply made and fit poorly.  It's not the seller's fault it didn't fit right, but I used ebay bucks to buy it.  I'm not confident I will be refunded my ebay bucks, and if I'm not, I'll be out of pocket if I return it (this is a case where I wouldn't ask the seller to absorb the cost of a return).  Anyone have experience with getting a refund on a purchase made using ebay bucks?

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Refund with ebay bucks

@airsheep eBay bucks are always refunded. It used to take a few weeks for them to be re-issued but now it appears eBay does it almost immediately. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Refund with ebay bucks

Yes, Ebay Bucks are refunded.  And congratulations on your integrity in not having the seller bear the cost of your return.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Refund with ebay bucks

When your ebay bucks are refunded, remember that you will need to use them, before their expiration.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Refund with ebay bucks

A very good point, Ed.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Refund with ebay bucks

According to another longtime poster (jen), that may not necessarily be so:

https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html#redeem

Say you use your bucks halfway through the redemption month, on something you end up having to return.  With transit times, your interpretation would mean you may end up losing your bucks before the return is completed, even if everything goes right, not fair.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Refund with ebay bucks

@airsheep wrote:

According to another longtime poster (jen), that may not necessarily be so:

https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html#redeem

Say you use your bucks halfway through the redemption month, on something you end up having to return.  With transit times, your interpretation would mean you may end up losing your bucks before the return is completed, even if everything goes right, not fair.

If your refund is issued after the eBay bucks expire, you still get them back. They’ll have a new 21 day expiration date. So if they expire while the item is in transit to the seller, you don’t lose them. It’s in the FAQ link 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 7
latest reply