cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get information on a bidder?

Can I find out which sellers a bidder has bought from? Or what the bidder's history is. It is interesting and annoying that a buyer can only receive positive feedback when in fact he has scammed some sellers.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

you can get a bit of info on who they bought from by checking the feedback they have from sellers.

you can check if they have bid retractions

you can check feedback left for the seller

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

you can get a bit of info on who they bought from by checking the feedback they have from sellers.

Thanks. I did check the feedback from a seller, I'll try to get into the other sellers he bought from, but so far couldn't find anything  -- unbelievable as the buyer has over 500 feedbacks. So I can't understand why this buyer would play me like that. I tried finding out if he was selling anything but could not. I'll keep looking. Maybe he has two names, one for selling and one for buying. Where do I find bid retractions? This guy overbid someone at the last minute.  I just wonder what makes people tick sometimes, but then maybe I shouldn't. The news has all the horrible crazy stuff, I guess this is nothing. 

So where again do I find if the bidder has had bid retractions?

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

OK, I doublechecked buyer's record, stellar as it is. And see that every feedback is from a seller. hmmm I say. So unless he is truly only a buyer, he must have 2 accounts. One for selling and one for buying. Ridiculous. The policy for leaving only positive for buyers is not ethical. (honest) If I could figure where else to sell my items, I would. But then I'm thinking maybe I'll do BIN. I have to learn more about that.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Most people have separate buyer accounts from their seller account. It prevents retaliation.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

@cindiwat wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

OK, I doublechecked buyer's record, stellar as it is. And see that every feedback is from a seller. hmmm I say. So unless he is truly only a buyer, he must have 2 accounts. One for selling and one for buying. Ridiculous. The policy for leaving only positive for buyers is not ethical. (honest) If I could figure where else to sell my items, I would. But then I'm thinking maybe I'll do BIN. I have to learn more about that.

Many do not buy and sell on the same account. I did at one time, but now I do not.

I buy on one, sell on two. Rarely resell what I buy on eBay, but that is one reason for having different accounts.

Buying and selling on the same account opens you up to the possibility of getting revenge feedback.  I did not have that happen, but was reduced to not leaving truthful feedback for a seller fearing that I could become a victm.

Revenge feedback is touted as one of the reasons for the change in eBay policy to only leave (+) for a buyer.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

OK, I can see that.
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

That's interesting. I guess I should have two accounts -- one for selling,and one for buying. But would it be revenge feedback for the buyer? I must be dense. I can see that revenge feedback can hurt -- I am reluctant to buy when I see bad feedback. Is there the opportunity for seller to answer a bad feedback? I mean, what happens if seller gives buyer first a real good rating, etc., just because that's what he thinks he should do? And then the buyer, for some awful reason, gives a bad rating to the seller. Can the seller defend himself?
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Where can I find bid retractions? Can a buyer retract a winning bid, other than simply not paying?

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@cindiwat wrote:
That's interesting. I guess I should have two accounts -- one for selling,and one for buying. But would it be revenge feedback for the buyer? I must be dense. I can see that revenge feedback can hurt -- I am reluctant to buy when I see bad feedback. Is there the opportunity for seller to answer a bad feedback? I mean, what happens if seller gives buyer first a real good rating, etc., just because that's what he thinks he should do? And then the buyer, for some awful reason, gives a bad rating to the seller. Can the seller defend himself?

You can reply camly, and factually to feedback left for you.

If a seller has bad feedback it is good to be reluctant. Many times the feedback is truthful, but some have had a "seller" buy some, or many, cheap items from them for the sole purpose of leaving revenge feedback. They may make those purchases on a buying account (may be a new account) in an attempt to mask the fact that they are doing it out of spite.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@cindiwat wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Where can I find bid retractions? Can a buyer retract a winning bid, other than simply not paying?

bid retractions  2.jpegbid retractions.jpeg

As in these examples, you can click on "feedback as a buyer" to see bid retractions.

After the listing ends the buyer can ask the seller to cancel. Seller can cancel with the reason "buyer request" and the seller will be refunded the FVF. Personally when requested I always cancel. There is no future trying to force someone to pay for something that they no longer want.  Refusing to pay, or expecting a refund seems to have become an entitlement to many.

The buyer can just not pay. You can open an "unpaid item" (UPI) as soon as 48 hours after the listing ends. A full 96 hours after you open a UPI, you can close it if they do not pay.  They may pay to avoid an "unpaid item" strike on their account, then ask to cancel. They may pay. You ship, and they open an "item not as described" after they get it, at which point you accept, and pay the return. Then refund when you get "something" (anything) back.

When a UPI is sent they may pay, and all may go just fine.

I have not had many problems, and most sales on eBay go just fine.

I sell things that I know to value of (average selling price) in most instances, so I use "fixed price" listings with immediate payment required (IPR).

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

You don't have two accounts? That's interesting, because you don't have any completed sales associated with the id you're posting with, but you are referring to sales you've made, in this and the other threads you've started.
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
You don't have two accounts? That's interesting, because you don't have any completed sales associated with the id you're posting with, but you are referring to sales you've made, in this and the other threads you've started.

Yes, I just made a new account.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@cindiwat wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

bid retractions  2.jpegbid retractions.jpeg

As in these examples, you can click on "feedback as a buyer" to see bid retractions.

After the listing ends the buyer can ask the seller to cancel. Seller can cancel with the reason "buyer request" and the seller will be refunded the FVF. Personally when requested I always cancel. There is no future trying to force someone to pay for something that they no longer want.  Refusing to pay, or expecting a refund seems to have become an entitlement to many.

The buyer can just not pay. You can open an "unpaid item" (UPI) as soon as 48 hours after the listing ends. A full 96 hours after you open a UPI, you can close it if they do not pay.  They may pay to avoid an "unpaid item" strike on their account, then ask to cancel. They may pay. You ship, and they open an "item not as described" after they get it, at which point you accept, and pay the return. Then refund when you get "something" (anything) back.

When a UPI is sent they may pay, and all may go just fine.

I have not had many problems, and most sales on eBay go just fine.

I sell things that I know to value of (average selling price) in most instances, so I use "fixed price" listings with immediate payment required (IPR).

I'll think about that. I think, under the circumstances, it's fair enough.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

But you've posted under this account--presumably you're only account at the time you started all these threads, so your sales must have taken place on this account.

Your first thread, "How do I get information on a bidder?" was posted at 06:58 PM on ‎10-26-2018, under this same id. You didn't mention two accounts until 7:40 PM, again under this same id, and that was concerning the buyer having two accounts.

I don't understand why you have no sales under this id, when you clearly started out the evening with this id. You seemed surprised upthread that people even used two ids (Messages 3, 4, and 7). If you "just made a new account," the id you started out the evening with would still have the record of your sales. Your new id wouldn't have the sales on it, cindiwit would, right?

Tell me what I'm missing, 'cause I'm kinda goin' crazy here . . . LOL!

Message 15 of 24
latest reply