Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Country of Manufacture

As a buyer I like to know the place (country) where an item was made. It seems to me that piece of information was included for most items in the past and easy to find in the description section and now it's not. Does ebay now block a seller from add...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

If a seller described their item like this(In body )and sent this(pics attached)how would you react?

Description: "Both discs have light scratches that are only visible if the light hits them perfectly, direct light did not show any scratches" "By not perfect I mean there are a couple of small scratches and are not perfect" Pics of item sent attache...

20200710_165902[1].jpg 20200710_165828[1].jpg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

I left negative feedback for a seller and now it's gone

I purchased an item and received it. It was 3 loose action figures shipped in a bubble mailer. Shipping charge was appropriate. Received the package timely and the figures were fine. My problem with the seller [who has a high rating] is that the pack...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

My take On feedback

My view on feedback is when you received my payment I have meet my end of the contract and you should leave me feedback. If you don't, you will not receive feedback from me when I receive the item either.

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Should I open Item Not Received case at this point?

Here we go again. I just received a refund from another 'item not received' case and now I'm dealing with a similar situation. Purchased an item on June 26th and paid immediately. This is a Chinese seller who had a feedback of 79 100% at the time of ...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bought on eBay with Paypal, seller asking me to email the address for shipping.

Item NO. 363020550831 So I have recently bought an aiguillette for a uniform collection. The seller has been very communicative sending different images of the specific item I asked, and even fixing the shipping issues of when I tried ordering but th...

Buyer wont ship or reply to me

on march 3rd i purchased a shipping scale, the buyer never shipped it. i understand you may not always be able to ship items out currently due to covid19. ive sent the buyer tons of Messages asking if they cant ship right now, but They wont reply to ...

What reason to use to report seller for cancelling an order twice because seller wanted more money?

I won an auction for a stone for $2.99 and paid. The seller cancelled my order and sent a refund using the reason "buyer requested to cancel order" which I did not. When I messaged the seller to ask why they did this, they claimed it was because of s...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Time limit to file a INR?

Hello, About a month ago i made a purchase from a seller in Japan. At that time and still currently, due to COVID-19 there are only 2 ways out of Japan: FexEx (a arm and a leg) or SAL (boat) which can take 2-3 months. I choose SAL. A month has gone b...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Case Perpetually On Hold

I made a purchase in mid-June. Seller pulled a known scam, uploading a tracking number after a package was already delivered, then emailed me to apologize for including the wrong tracking information, all within 3 minutes of each other. I immediately...

Item I bought last June is faulty but can't find seller

Hi I bought my grandson a balance board hoverboard last June and it's packed up and not charging. He went out on probably only a dozen times. However the seller I cant find on here now and I can't click on the link in items I bought. You can see it t...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

No Reply from Seller and Missing Item from set of car floor mats. eBay stepped in and nothing.

Purchased a set of Caravan Floor Mats C $266.67) from. They were quick to reply and told me the 2nd row mat are back ordered until July and that i would receive the mats on a later date. It is now the 2nd week of July and have not received the item n...

Ebay took money and claimed they didnt

I am at a loss, there are no links and due to covid I can't get in contact with them, recently bought an item from eBay then the very next day received message from stating the item bought may have been from a compromised account so they canceled my ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller removed

I bought an item, within the hour eBay removes the seller and all information, maybe you’ll get your item let us know. I need the item do I buy it some where else, no way to get information, no way to contact eBay or send a message because eBay has r...

Stolen items being sold on ebay

Recently I found my mother a ring that had been specially made for her and was stolen many years ago. I explained to the seller and alerted him I was waiting for the police report. He said that it would go to the highest bidder. I was afraid I would ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors