Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Only getting partial refund after cancelling order?

I bought an item for 273.74 including tax, but asked the seller to cancel the order and a refund. After cancellation, the seller sent me only 241.75 back and tells me ebay collected fees? Is this normal? How do I get the rest back? The item was 249.9...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

want to help eBay stop sellers with bootleg-recordings ?

Hi, I will get right to it- I am thoroughly disgusted by the proliferation of eBay sellers who are getting away with selling very obviously fake Season Series DVD sets of popular TV shows. True example: Recently while browsing I came across several s...

No communication after I paid for very expensive monitor

I just bought a monitor and the sell answered multiple questions. I then paid him and then he stopped responding. Multiple attempts later it shows the item shipped but has not tracking information. Then the same monitor appears to be for sale again, ...

Banana bread sent instead of jeans

I purchased jeans from seller and instead recieved some homemade banana bread. I sent photos to the seller in hope of either getting the jeans or a refund. She said I could either return the jeans or "be reported." Now I have a return started but can...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Purchase Issue - Advice Requested

Good Afternoon,I purchased an item on August 1st through buy it now. Seller selected that the item was shipped same day. However, I checked tracking after a few days and it says awaiting for item to be delivered to USPS. It says the same thing today,...

sellers selling garbage

i bought about 12 books on cassette recently and 5 of them are not usable either broken, damaged or will not play . sure they will take them back but my printer doesn't print the labels ebay provides. also it is a full time job trying to figure out w...

Bought Item Refunded Suggesting his Paypal has been locked?

Hi, I bought a listing and it had been marked as "shipped", however the seller just cancelled the Order and issued a refund. I went to message them and they said their Paypal got locked. I haven't yet got the refund but would I expect this to all fun...

E-Bay removed a negative review.

I recently purchased a 3000.00 Leica Q camera from a man in Seattle. The camera came packed in a Huggies diaper box with sparse packing. The man also did not disclose damage done to an accessory although I mentioned I was **bleep** about aesthetics. ...

Resolved! Seller Has Blocked Me

I have been blocked by a seller after asking a question. I think my question was misinterpreted. I want to resolve it with the seller but I am blocked from contacting them as well. I really want to purchase the item so I was willing to take a chance ...

HELP!!! We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or ...

Spoiler (Highlight to read)Hello community, I am from South America and I won a bid for a guitar. I've been trying to paid for almost 5 days with 2 payment methods credit/debit card and PayPal, but this message is still appearing We can't process you...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

"OPEN BOX" Meaning

Since eBay doesn't want to answer my question, I'll ask you.I always thought "OPEN BOX" was "NEW" but not in ORIGINAL BOX OR PACKAGE..." But while looking for a Cell Phone, I keep finding"condition 7/10, 8/10... While NEW should be 10/10??Are they us...

• 6 replies
  • 3 helpful

Made me chuckle...

I posted a few weeks back about receiving a toner shipped in it's original box arriving damaged. I purchased another toner. Before purchasing i asked he seller if he would double box it and not ship it in it's original box. He said yes. A week later ...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 2 replies
  • 5 helpful

BUYING IN THE AGE OF COVID-19 & EBAY SHOULD NEVER HAVE IMPLEMENTED GOOD TILL CANCELLED...

All items on eBay are good till cancelled and is very deceiving and items should in no way be good till cancelled because a lot of sellers are seriously sick or died no one is home and items keep relisting and buyers buy but they get no response and ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors