cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller not responding

I bought an item that is for a game where the seller gives me the item by trade.  I bought the item 10 days ago and when I bought it, I emailed him and asked when he would be available to trade. No response. Same with the next 10 messages I sent him over a time period of around 6 days. On the 7th day after I bought the item, he responded to me with a discount of 7% off to buy the item again. This means that he is online. He keeps posting the same exact item over and over again for the amount I payed for ($80). He will not respond and he eventually blocked me. Asked for a refund, refund declined 2 minutes later. I sent him a negative feedback for "seller not communicating" and it turns out that 3 other people have this same exact problem with the seller! It is very obvious that the seller is online because he is constantly posting the same items over and over again. When I go to the ebay help center, all it says is to contact the seller to get the issue resolved but I clearly can't! EBAY, HEAR OUR CRIES OF HELP AND GIVE US ALL (the people who also got scammed) A REFUND

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller not responding

Paypal  offers buyer protection for digital items.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

"He will not respond and he eventually blocked me"

Sellers cannot block people from communicating with them

"Asked for a refund, refund declined 2 minutes later"

Did you open a case properly?

"EBAY, HEAR OUR CRIES OF HELP AND GIVE US ALL (the people who also got scammed) A REFUND"

These are mainly user-to-user forums

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

He did make it so I can't send him any messages

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

If you are messaging through Ebay, he can't block you.. he can ignore the messages, but can't block.  

And you need to go through the Ebay process to get a refund.. not just ask the seller for a refund.   

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

I believe a person can indeed block you from communicating with them.

First they have to Block you then they select Don't Allow Blocked Buyers to Contact Me.

Your situation sounds like you have been Scammed.  You need to contact eBay as they may accept responsibility and give you a refund and cancel this persons account.

Screenshot 2020-12-24 122609.png

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Chances are I that the virtual item you bought isn't covered by the money back guarantee.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

"He keeps posting the same exact item over and over again for the amount I payed for ($80)."

What did you buy? 

I looked at their current listings and there is nothing for sale for $80.

I looked at his previous listing going back to October 13 and there has not be anything listed for $80.

You say you purchased the item 10 days ago?  The only item they sold 10 days ago (Dec 14, 2020) was for $20.   There was no sale on the day prior (Dec 13) or the day after (Dec 15).

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

If I understand your post correctly, OP, you engaged in some sort of barter transaction which I don't believe eBay is set up to do.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

There isn't any money back guarantee protection from ebay for digital sales like this.

"Not covered
-the following excluded categories and listing types:
Digital Content"
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

The seller is lying when stating "Shipped with USPS First Class."

The sellers listings are against ebay policy and you lost your money if the seller refuses to deal with you.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

I may be wrong, but item not received should be covered with Money Back Guarantee.

If the seller can prove the Digital Item was sent and delivered then the Money Back Guarantee is probably void.  This is not the same as the item not being sent.

Even though it was digital sale, a seller does have the ability to demonstrate that the item was delivered.  The buyer would of had to be given download instructions an maybe codes in order to get the product. 

If the seller can not prove they provided the Digital Product eBay can force a refund.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

I understand, but shouldn't ebay still do something about this? I mean this person is clearly scamming people for the money. There is even proof in the sellers feedback of people getting scammed. Also, all of the negative feedback was sent to the seller after I sent him the first negative feedback to him. Before, It shows that the seller has had a perfect reputation and people were giving him 100% feedback. I don't understand and I really need ebay to step in.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

It was on the 16th I was exaggerating

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

I didn't know that ebay had this rule until after the purchase

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

My friend plays this game called bubble gum simulator on roblox (I know this sounds like a waste of $80 dollars but hear me out) and in the game there are pets that constantly go up and down in value so it is kind of like a gambling thing for younger people. The specfic item I bought is called Peppermint leviathan thinking my friend might like it for his b-day. there is another item that he keeps posting called christmas robot and 2 other people got scammed buying that pet. I have had other purchases for online games like pokemon go and that same bubble gum simulator game and usually they just contact me right away and give it to me around 10 minutes after I bought the item. 

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

@tea_for_moosie 

Sellers can now block buyers from 'easily' messaging them.

This is fairly new. Maybe 2 months.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply