cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay crooked?

I've been skewered yet again. How about you?

The past few years I have contacted Ebay by phone since there's NO RECOURSE to email or chat with a human online. I made my point very clear, SELLERS ARE "BAIT & SWITCH", FALSE ADVERTS of several kinds and supposedly sellers claim the item is located IN THE USA but actually comes from abroad, usually china.

Talking on the phone to an Ebay Rep., I was "ASSURED" they would look into it. PFFFT!, NOT! Sellers continue to do their crooked business(s).

Are there other buyers out there that has been duped?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Is Ebay crooked?

We all know that. An item from Calif. made a South America run then back to USA. That ISF was removed by someone I know not.

Another USA item went to several Bolivia, to Cuba, then to me. Seller reimbursed that ISF.

LONG TIME AGO one item went to Germany then to me but when I got that NEW item, it was used but still usable.

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

SELLERS ARE "BAIT & SWITCH", FALSE ADVERTS of several kinds and supposedly sellers claim the item is located IN THE USA but actually comes from abroad, usually china."

of course when you post something like this posters are going to look at feedback to try to see why you are having so many problems buying here. Has nothing to do with 'investigate', but everything to do with an op's buying problems,to get a clear picture of what could be going on with so many purchase problems.Sometimes, fb will show the problem, or sometimes the ops claims are just greatly dramatized.No, didnt read your homepage, has nothing to do with your op.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 17 of 37
latest reply

If the listing shows a U.S. item location, but the seller actually ships from another country, you can open a Return case before it even arrives to you, for "Item location misrepresentation" under "not as described". If you have tracking showing it's coming from another country, eBay will refund you in full without requiring a return.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 18 of 37
latest reply

Buyers have it easy on eBay  

Have you read the buyer's MBG?

Have you followed the policy when you have a problem with a seller?

I do not do business out of US anymore 

If you are experiencing problems with china sellers do not buy from them problem solved and vet your sellers prior to doing business with them,

Have a great day

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

The international fee is absorbed by the SELLER, not the buyer? Where are you getting 'charged' for that??

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

The BUYER foots the ISF.
ISF shows up in my bank statement.

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

OF COURSE I don't buy from china, haven't in 6-ish years.

BUT, there are items we have no choice if they're NOT sold anywhere else, like car or motorcycle parts.

. . . I'm sure you know about this...(below)

=============================

Item Location

Within of Enter your ZIP code  Go
Message 22 of 37
latest reply

China seller issue aside

I have never been 'duped" as a buyer when I followed eBay buyer MBG policies 

Buyers are protected if you follow the rules, so my response is NO i have not 

If a seller sends you the wrong item (item not as described) you open a claim requesting a return and refund of your money (100% refund of your purchase price) Do you do that when you have gotten a bait and switch item?

So, if in your opinion, eBay is so crooked why do you spend your money here?

Just curious

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

OK, you & most people here, are missing the point. The stories of sellers is not the issue, as per title.

I started out messaging/email Ebay but that went FILE 13. So I phone discussed these issues to an Ebay representative about sellers. They said they will look into it, so far I have seen no progress since the same problems still happen.

BTW: These calls to Ebay began 3+ years ago so Ebay cannot claim it's a new problem.

Your claim I don't follow their policies. I follow said policies & only got BURNT once, but that was a couple bucks = learning curve fee.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

I vet my sellers carefully 

If there is an extended estimated delivery date displayed that is a red light, I know one of two things is going on seller is not being truthful regarding item ship location or they are just plain lazy and do not take their eBay transactions seriously

either way I choose not to do business with them. I also read their feedback file that can often make me aware of what kind a seller I would be dealing with

eBay is a selling platform with too many sellers to efficiently catch all the sellers who break the rules whether seller is knowingly breaking or not, so I take steps to help ensure I am dealing with trustworthy dependable sellers

Hope you have better buying experiences in the future @fm-usa 

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

i have been selling for a few months and the grass needs to be cut real low around this set up.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

@fm-usa wrote:

The BUYER foots the ISF.
ISF shows up in my bank statement.

That is not correct. 

The International Selling Fee is an added percentage to the Final Value Fees that a SELLER pays. 

Your bank may ALSO be charging you a fee to 'purchase outside the country that your card is from' but it is NOT the same fee that SELLERS pay.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

No, you're wrong. I had my bank investigate these unknown ISF fees, found it was chinese sale(s) through eBay. (International Service Fee)
I since stopped buying CCC, unless they're the only ones who sell it.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

I’ve had the same issue with eBay, as well as Amazon prime. 

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

What does that mean?  

Message 30 of 37
latest reply