cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dislike the big A...ordered something here and....

Lo and behold I get it today in a PRIME envelope with the 'gift' receipt inside.  I am tempted to give the seller a neutral.  I am sick of the deception.

Message 1 of 371
latest reply
370 REPLIES 370

It wasn’t directed to you. Yours was the last post

Message 31 of 371
latest reply

I don’t think they should leave a neg for the seller. They should turn them into amazon.

Message 32 of 371
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@city*satins wrote:

Well when I go to ebay I want the product from ebay.  If I wanted it from Amazon, I would have gone there instead.

But eBay doesn't warehouse and ship product directly.

I think it obvious I was referring to an ebay seller vs an Amazon seller or directly from Amazon themselves.

Well no, actually.  If you buy something from eBay, you have to know that exactly 0% of the items you buy are being sourced directly from eBay which doesn't manufacture them, contract their manufacture, import, warehouse, list, offer, ship or otherwise touch them.   

So when you say that when you go to eBay you want the product from eBay, that doesn't make any sense to me.  You will never get a product from eBay - not even eBay shipping or souvenir products. Everything is sourced elsewhere. 

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 33 of 371
latest reply

The OP seemed more offended by the theft from prime than just the amazon source. The entire post wording was about prime.

Message 34 of 371
latest reply

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

@moondogblues wrote:

Lo and behold I get it today in a PRIME envelope with the 'gift' receipt inside.  I am tempted to give the seller a neutral.  I am sick of the deception.

BFD....  you dislike A but sellers here don't.  You bought on ebay.  If you got what you wanted at a price you were happy with and delivered within a timely manner than your seller deserves 5 stars.   Do sellers now have to source their items in the listing?   Good Grief.

You're missing the point, A seller is using their prime account to ship items to buyers for free, cheating A and the system!!!

Message 35 of 371
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

And if the seller is unethical enough to steal from amazon they may steal from you.

What did the seller "steal" from Amazon?

I believe she is referring to when a Amazon Prime user steals from it when not using it as intended.

One would think that if Amazon considered it stealing they'd do something about it. I've never heard of a Prime member getting kicked out of Prime for this.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 36 of 371
latest reply

General Response.

This is why the OP is upset, and many others buyers are upset, too.

The item wasn't a gift.  They paid for it.  The seller is making them a party to their deception of Amazon by falsely making Amazon pay for the shipping that the buyer actually paid for.  The seller made that buyer a party to a lie.  Stealing.

And the buyer may have checked Amazon and decided to buy from Ebay.  IF they wanted to buy from Amazon, they could have.  But this seller negated the buyer's choice to buy here.

Many buyers won't buy on Amazon for any reason.  They chose to buy here, and the seller throws that choice in their face.  They have now patronized a company they would prefer not to.

Of course sellers who see nothing wrong with this might feel otherwise when that buyer who has had their choice negated decides to eliminate the middle man and just buy from Amazon the next time.  After all, why not?  That's what the seller did irrespective of their choice.  

And this is NOT FBA.  This is misuse of a Prime account.

Message 37 of 371
latest reply

The deception was she bought it from Ebay and it came from Amazon, as a GIFT when it wasn't, the buyer paid for it. Seller pockets shipping as they had Amazon pay for it through misuse of their Prime account.
Message 38 of 371
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

General Response.

The item wasn't a gift.  They paid for it.  The seller is making them a party to their deception of Amazon by falsely making Amazon pay for the shipping that the buyer actually paid for.  The seller made that buyer a party to a lie.  Stealing.

And the buyer may have checked Amazon and decided to buy from Ebay.  IF they wanted to buy from Amazon, they could have.  But this seller negated the buyer's choice to buy here.

Many buyers won't buy on Amazon for any reason.  They chose to buy here, and the seller throws that choice in their face.  They have now patronized a company they would prefer not to.

Of course sellers who see nothing wrong with this might feel otherwise when that buyer who has had their choice negated decides to eliminate the middle man and just buy from Amazon the next time.  After all, why not?  That's what the seller did irrespective of their choice.  

Yet what another poster posted upstream- FROM AMAZON- seems to indicate that AMAZON does not consider it 'misuse'.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 39 of 371
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

The OP seemed more offended by the theft from prime than just the amazon source. The entire post wording was about prime.

I'm bad to get influenced by the first thing I see, which is usually the title. Due to that, in this case, I weighted the Amazon part more than the Prime, but thanks to the explanatory posts here, I'm understanding the Prime part more clearly.   

Message 40 of 371
latest reply

And with all due respect, ebay reps tell you to wait three days and the seller will win the case.

From an online search for Amazon terms: Dropshipping is not illegal on Amazon. You can dropship on Amazon. However, you can not use Amazon prime when you create a merchant account. There are a few down falls when it comes to selling on Amazon such as whenever you sell a productAmazon does charge you a success fee which could be up to 15% of your profit!

If they didn't consider it misuse, they wouldn't cancel Prime account when this is reported and they wouldn't reward the reporter with a ten dollar gift certificate.  

Message 41 of 371
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

General Response.

Yet what another poster posted upstream- FROM AMAZON- seems to indicate that AMAZON does not consider it 'misuse'.

But then they up their fee making the rest of us pay for it.  So while Amazon may not care, the OP and others like her do.  It is stealing.  And who pays for that - customers through higher charges.

Message 42 of 371
latest reply

I’ve read several posts from sellers who have been permanently removed from prime. It is clear in their rules this is a violation worthy of permanent suspension.

cheating is cheating. We should not be giving people a pass because they’re stealing from corporations. Ethical people follow rules. This is not lord of the flies or mad max. We are still supposed to be a civilized society.

Message 43 of 371
latest reply

If I recieve package from Amazon with a gift reciept sellers get a neg with explanation and then report them to Amazon to get booted from there

Message 44 of 371
latest reply

The deception was she bought it from Ebay and it came from Amazon, as a GIFT when it wasn't, the buyer paid for it. Seller pockets shipping as they had Amazon pay for it through misuse of their Prime account.

Just to be clear....Prime accounts cost a monthly or annual fee, don't they?  So is a Prime account holder receiving 'free shipping'?  We say that ebay buyers aren't getting free shipping, because it's rolled into the cost of the item.  Is the same not true for Prime subscribers?  That the fee they pay covers shipping - whether they order 1 item or 100 it's not really free - the unit cost depends on the number of units?  Is that a valid parallel?  

Did the OP's seller offer free shipping or charge for it? Not sure if it's a fair question or just a red herring on my part but I ask because you mentioned the seller pocketing shipping.

Message 45 of 371
latest reply