cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dislike the big A...ordered something here and....

Lo and behold I get it today in a PRIME envelope with the 'gift' receipt inside.  I am tempted to give the seller a neutral.  I am sick of the deception.

Message 1 of 371
latest reply
370 REPLIES 370

Re: I dislike the big A...ordered something here and....

There are many posters who have said the opposite. Maybe it depends on the rep, just like eBay customer support.

Message 16 of 371
latest reply

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

@moondogblues wrote:

Lo and behold I get it today in a PRIME envelope with the 'gift' receipt inside.  I am tempted to give the seller a neutral.  I am sick of the deception.

BFD....  you dislike A but sellers here don't.  You bought on ebay.  If you got what you wanted at a price you were happy with and delivered within a timely manner than your seller deserves 5 stars.   Do sellers now have to source their items in the listing?   Good Grief.

Do you have Amazon Prime.  I do, and it is going up because of sellers like this taking advantage of it.

And no imo the OP did not get what she wanted.  If you go into McDonalds would you accept a hamburger from Burger King.

If you go into Macy's to buy something, do you want it to come from Kohl's.

Well when I go to ebay I want the product from ebay.  If I wanted it from Amazon, I would have gone there instead.

You want to drop ship.  Fine.  But be upfront about it.  And do not steal from Prime so that others have to pay for it through higher fees.

Message 17 of 371
latest reply

And if the seller is unethical enough to steal from amazon they may steal from you.

Message 18 of 371
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:

I'm unclear about what you're angry enough about to leave a bad feedback. 

Nor what you want the seller to say to dissuade you from leaving a bad feedback.  Do you want the seller video him or herself self inflicting paper cuts while chanting Oh I've been a naughty boy (girl)!!!  Have mercy mistress!

I love it when people demand an explanation.  ...ok no I don't.  But then I'm not a big fan of 'lo and behold' either.  It's kind of hark, I hear a lark or what ho.

If you dislike A and don't have immediate plans to become a member there, and yet got what you purchased in the condition, time and at the price promised, what is there to leave bad feedback about - a gift receipt?  

This isn't like sending clothing by Media Mail.  Sorry - I don't get it.  Call me obtuse.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 19 of 371
latest reply

Well when I go to ebay I want the product from ebay.  If I wanted it from Amazon, I would have gone there instead.

But eBay doesn't warehouse and ship product directly.

Message 20 of 371
latest reply

So it’s not ok to steal from the Usps by using media mail to ship clothing? However it’s perfectly fine to use a prime free personal shipping account to ship to customers?

Color me confused. It’s ok to steal services from amazon but not the Usps? How is it different?

Message 21 of 371
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I had the same situation once.  Decided that a certain CD would make a perfect gift, but I had already finished my Christmas shopping.  This was in the beginning of Dec a few years ago, and knowing how the mails can be then, I wanted to get it as soon as possible.  I checked Amazon and Ebay; Ebay had it for a bit more, but had a quicker estimated delivery date, so I ordered from Ebay.  It came from Amazon with the GIFT message.  I messaged the seller and said that it wasn't a gift, I paid for it, and if I wanted it from Amazon, I would have bought it from there.  I chose to buy from you because you had a faster delivery date than Amazon did as I checked there before I bought from you.

So obviously the delivery date was what was important and your eBay seller came through fulfilling that need.

With all due respect I do not understand the problem.

Your seller got it to you when you wanted when Amazon couldn't and you're upset  with that?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 22 of 371
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

And if the seller is unethical enough to steal from amazon they may steal from you.

What did the seller "steal" from Amazon?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 23 of 371
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

But eBay doesn't warehouse and ship product directly.

I think it obvious I was referring to an ebay seller vs an Amazon seller or directly from Amazon themselves.

Message 24 of 371
latest reply

@gew6463 wrote:
i agree with you; I think the River definitely does not condone it (It's in the usage agreement that new members have to sign that there are severe repercussions). On the other hand, I'm not sure how those Youtube sellers (one in particular, though I don't want to specify a name) is still drop-shipping through them. However, at any time the shoe could drop on that one. Life-time banning with $payback perhaps? I know there was recently someone caught and the River made a case of it.

No, they don't.  Amazon foots the bill for someone else's business when Prime was never intended for that.  The seller that does that doesn't only make a profit off the item, they pocket the shipping fees that they charged their buyer.  Then the buyer isn't happy when they see the gift notice in the package.  

They can take away the Prime account; I haven't heard of any payback but maybe that will change.

Message 25 of 371
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

What did the seller "steal" from Amazon?

I believe she is referring to when a Amazon Prime user steals from it when not using it as intended.

Message 26 of 371
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

Receiving an eBay purchase in a Prime box does not necessarily mean the eBay seller went to Amazon's website, bought the item, and had it shipped to a buyer.

Here is some information on Amazon's FBA program:

• An eBay seller is not necessarily using an individual Prime account. It could just as easily be a "Fulfillment By Amazon" (FBA) account.  https://services.amazon.com/fulfillment-by-amazon/benefits.html
  • Sellers may be offering items on both venues. Since Amazon will literally--physically--house the items for sale as part of their FBA service, sellers can direct their own items to be shipped to you when you purchase them on eBay.
  • Items shipped via an FBA account are in "Prime" boxes.
  • Items shipped via an FBA account may include a "gift receipt."

I've seen a number of threads about this topic. I am truly surprised more buyers and sellers here on eBay are not more familiar with this Amazon program.

https://services.amazon.com/fulfillment-by-amazon/how-it-works.htm/ref=asus_fba_snav_how

If a person doesn't like Amazon, that's fine, but to accuse a seller of something untoward--like misusing their Prime account--or posting negative feedback may be unfounded. Many eBay sellers offer their items on both venues. Perhaps this seller simply has enough business to participate in the FBA program and have the items warehoused and shipped directly to the buyer.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/amazon-brings-prime-shipping-to-amazon-business/

******************************************************************************************

With all due respect,  the OP got a gift notice with his order.  That indicates the seller is abusing his Prime account.

Message 27 of 371
latest reply

Somebody paid for shipping to the buyer. It should have been the seller but if they used their prime account it was paid by amazon. Who then passes the cost along to real prime members.

unless you believe shipping is really free lol

Message 28 of 371
latest reply

Somebody paid for shipping to the buyer. It should have been the seller but if they used their prime account it was paid by amazon. Who then passes the cost along to real prime members.

unless you believe shipping is really free lol

Not sure why you are directing this to me?

Message 29 of 371
latest reply

So it’s not ok to steal from the Usps by using media mail to ship clothing? However it’s perfectly fine to use a prime free personal shipping account to ship to customers?

Color me confused. It’s ok to steal services from amazon but not the Usps? How is it different?

I use USPS all the time.

I admit that I'm confused but that's possibly because I've never bought through Amazon, not even once so I don't know they're policies, although I know that whereas USPS policies are supported by federal laws, I'm not sure what Amazon policies are supported by nor is it 100% clear to me what looks different (because I've never order via Amazon) between legitimate order fulfillment packaging and packaging inserts vs "true' Amazon PRIME orders that are sent as "gifts".   

Given the apparent differences of  understanding and opinion voiced here, and what a CS rep at Amazon said, it's unclear to me whether a buyer (i.e. the OP ) is on completely solid ground leaving bad feedback for a seller in this situation.

Having said all that - it seems unproductive to me to go all guns blazing demanding an explanation from a seller if one can't possibly be satisfied by any explanation and will only consider an explanation to be a lie, thus turning a possible neutral into a definite neg.

Message 30 of 371
latest reply