cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dislike the big A...ordered something here and....

Lo and behold I get it today in a PRIME envelope with the 'gift' receipt inside.  I am tempted to give the seller a neutral.  I am sick of the deception.

Message 1 of 371
latest reply
370 REPLIES 370

Re: I dislike the big A...ordered something here and....

Different households cannot use Prime at the same time.

So it would not work to share.

We tried out our son's prime.  His family had to log off.  Liked it and the benefits then got our own subscription.

Our daughter in Washinngton State has one as well.

So yes we each have our own subscriptions.

Message 256 of 371
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Or could it be because the seller intentionally pumped it up and is now trying to hide it.  I have read threads where some admit to making  a tidy profit off it.

Ebay makes money off my shipping, paypal makes money off my shipping, and the shipping carrier makes money off my shipping but I`m not supposed to make money off my shipping? There is more to shipping something than paying postage. (I go thru about 1000 rolls of toilet paper a week, it gets costly LOL.)

I`ve lost money on shipping many times unfortunately and I`ve never gotten a complaint or a thank you for it. Of course I didn`t expect one either.

Ain't THAT the truth! Never once have I had a buyer offer to send me the difference when I've lost my butt on a miscalculated shipping charge.

That reminds me, I need to surf ebay to find a seller dropshipping TP in bulk from Amazon.  No good sales locally lately, and I'm running low!  The big  A will make moolah, an ebay seller (and ebay) will make moolah, and I'll be restocked on packaging, and pass that cost on to the buyers, so I can make moolah. That will make everyone happy, right?

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 257 of 371
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

@bingodot3 wrote:
Amazon users are also cross linking their account to ebay. I have bought an item on Ebay only to get it from a Amazon seller in a Amazon box. Doing that way they don't use the shipping labels or the USPS postage prices. I have had a few items come on the Big A Prime boxes or packages.

Maybe ebay as a special deal with Amazon.

@bingodot3 wrote:
Amazon users are also cross linking their account to ebay. I have bought an item on Ebay only to get it from a Amazon seller in a Amazon box. Doing that way they don't use the shipping labels or the USPS postage prices. I have had a few items come on the Big A Prime boxes or packages.

Maybe ebay as a special deal with Amazon.

Ebay has no special deal with Amazon - it's just that these sellers use Amazon fulfillment center as their main base of operations and sell on both platforms. Amazon is warehousing their items. The sellers not only pay for Amazon to warehouse their items but they pay for Amazon employees to pull their items, pack their items and ship their items. They are paying for those Amazon boxes and for the postage it costs to get the item to you.

I have been thinking... and this can be dangerous, I'll admit... but if you accept the premise that people presume others will do things exactly as they would... what, then, does this tell us about those who are automatically, without evidence, absolutely certain  that "theft" and "criminal activity" are somehow involved here?

I have in the past ASSUMED way too often and in the end - have had egg on my face when what I assumed was totally wrong. That's why I try to research things before making assumptions and even then - if we don't know all the facts we can only guess and may guess wrong.

I've stated many times I hate those who break the rules and I hate dropshippers - but only because I'm mad at myself for not finding the better price myself.

My problem is that multiple answers to the questions have been proposed numerous times and people aren't reading the answers - they are too focused on proving their point and not looking at the alternative provided. So I'm wasting my time trying to help them.

Message 258 of 371
latest reply

Just jumping in here: Possibly because Amazon CS has stated that if you do receive an item from an Ebay seller/dropshipper (admitting that they know it happens) You are to return it to the Ebay seller if you need a refund or exchange and NOT to AZ. They claim at that point it is not their direct responsibility. So putting in a gift receipt would allow a 'giftee'/Ebay buyer to skip the drop-shipper, and go straight to Amazon (just putting in the gift receipt #), because they (A) aren't going to question 'Aunt Mable' returning her birthday present you sent her from there.
Message 259 of 371
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Different households cannot use Prime at the same time.

So it would not work to share.

We tried out our son's prime.  His family had to log off.  Liked it and the benefits then got our own subscription.

Our daughter in Washinngton State has one as well.

So yes we each have our own subscriptions.

But you tried out your son's prime which is against the rules because you are not in the same household. I don't consider that a criminal act even tho it is against the rules. Being able to do so actually made another sale for Amazon.

If your Ebay seller did break the rule by using their Amazon prime - even tho it was wrong - you got the item you ordered which you were happy with - even tho it was against the rules. Again tho - there are so many other reasons that item may have been sent with a gift receipt.

I called Amazon a second time due to what I thought was a drop shipper abusing their prime because my order contained a gift receipt - the seller had an Amazon Prime Business account and everything was on the up and up - if I didn't feel like a donkey's behind - as I've said we can not assume.

Message 260 of 371
latest reply

Ain't THAT the truth! Never once have I had a buyer offer to send me the difference when I've lost my butt on a miscalculated shipping charge.

So if one buyer sc*ews, you take it out on another one?

Message 261 of 371
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:
The deception was she bought it from Ebay and it came from Amazon, as a GIFT when it wasn't, the buyer paid for it. Seller pockets shipping as they had Amazon pay for it through misuse of their Prime account.

Just to be clear....Prime accounts cost a monthly or annual fee, don't they?  So is a Prime account holder receiving 'free shipping'?  We say that ebay buyers aren't getting free shipping, because it's rolled into the cost of the item.  Is the same not true for Prime subscribers?  That the fee they pay covers shipping - whether they order 1 item or 100 it's not really free - the unit cost depends on the number of units?  Is that a valid parallel?  

Did the OP's seller offer free shipping or charge for it? Not sure if it's a fair question or just a red herring on my part but I ask because you mentioned the seller pocketing shipping.

Prime is around $10 a month last I checked. I order 4-5 times a week so it’s cheaper for me to pay for prime then it is to pay shipping.  I’ve made over 120 orders in the last 6 months. Since I can’t see to drive anymore I get most everything through Prime. It’s a lifesaver. I do not sell anything I get through prime and woukd never. Like my eBay account I value my prime account so I follow the rules.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 262 of 371
latest reply

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

@moondogblues wrote:

Lo and behold I get it today in a PRIME envelope with the 'gift' receipt inside.  I am tempted to give the seller a neutral.  I am sick of the deception.

BFD....  you dislike A but sellers here don't.  You bought on ebay.  If you got what you wanted at a price you were happy with and delivered within a timely manner than your seller deserves 5 stars.   Do sellers now have to source their items in the listing?   Good Grief.

If I have to return it, then what? I have to ship to the SELLER,  not Amazon. I went thru this already. Decided the item was too small for the application and wanted to return (unopened.)  Seller didn't want to take it back, wanted me to ship it to Amazon.  Nope,  I have to ship it to the sellers address on record.  

Can't return it through Amazon because then the SELLER gets refunded and the buyer is relying on the honesty of the seller.  

Message 263 of 371
latest reply

Oh yes, I just read the big article that was posted here about how strict to the point of insanity they are about any little thing that goes wrong with your account, and how the deadly competition even try to do all kinds of things to make your account look bad. I could not sleep at night if I sold there. I'd need 24 hour psychiatric services and numerous gift cards to the nearest liquour store. LOL!!!

Message 264 of 371
latest reply

@tarantino14 wrote:

If I have to return it, then what? I have to ship to the SELLER,  not Amazon. I went thru this already. Decided the item was too small for the application and wanted to return (unopened.)  Seller didn't want to take it back, wanted me to ship it to Amazon.  Nope,  I have to ship it to the sellers address on record.  

Can't return it through Amazon because then the SELLER gets refunded and the buyer is relying on the honesty of the seller.  

Yup. You have to ship it to the ebay seller, and then that seller can deal with Amazon if they like.

Unless it was sold under a No Returns listing, then the seller can decline the return for remorse reasons (too small for the application would be a remorse reason).

If the seller takes returns, they have to take returns for any reason. You will probably be responsible for the return shipping (remorse reason).

I've never had to return a dropshipment from that A place, but I'd insist on sending the return directly to the ebay seller too.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 265 of 371
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

s I stated in my message #12, items shipped via an FBA account may include a "gift receipt." So, the fact that there was a gift notice does not prove the item was sent with a personal Prime account. All the seller has to do, when processing the eBay sale, is mark that it is a gift.

There is no reason for an item to come from an FBA account when you have bought the item from an Ebay seller and the item is going to you.  It is not a gift.  The seller isn't "gifting" anything.  It's a dropshipper misusing Prime sale.  Seller marks it as a gift much like international buyers ask sellers to mark their purchase as a gift.

The gift designation with FBA would be from a seller whose buyer sent the item elsewhere and requested the gift designation.  That is NOT this situation, nor is it the situation of others who have bought from sellers who are misusing their Prime accounts.

Of COURSE there's a reason for a gift receipt if the item was cheaper on Amazon or if as a business account you got a better deal!

If you haven't been a seller, you wouldn't know about these things. I drop ship to customers occasionally and use gift receipts because I get a discount with a business account but charge full Amazon retail.

No, sorry, the reason for a gift recipient IS when a buyer is sending it to another AS A GIFT, not for something the buyer has paid for and is having sent to himself as a  personal purchase.

Oh, so  you are doing it too.  I understand now.  

Since you've never sold, I totally understand your confusion. I'll try my best to clearly explain.

It's just as if I have a customer order a part for his Porsche 911S from me. Mr. Customer is in a hurry, so I call my supplier and have them ship directly to my customer.

I pay jobber cost to my supplier, and my customer pays me retail, so the warehouse puts a reciept in the box without his price to me on it. That's basically what an Amazon gift receipt is.

What I  pay for the part is none of my customer's business. I'm in this to make a living- not for my health. I'm providing my customer a service- getting him exactly what he needs quickly- just like the eBay seller of your CD did for YOU.

And if by "Oh, so you are doing it too. I understand now" you meant being in business to turn a profit- H-E-double-toothpicks YEAH, I am guilty as charged.

See, this is why sometimes it's simply not possible to give pertinent advice in a seller forum unless you have actual experience in these things. While good common sense works in lots of cases- and works very well- when it comes down to intricate nut- and- bolt questions like this, there's just no substitute for actual experience.

Since who has never sold here??   

Message 266 of 371
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@*madison wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

a neg for sending me something from the A site, I hate that site with a passion

And I hate people named Labradoodle. 

But even if I considered that to be a "neggable" offense, I would never neg a seller over my own personal hangup unless I had specifically asked the seller about it first. 

And a neg for robbing prime

You hate that site with a passion, but you care if people misuse their Prime accounts?

I don't like thieves on any site.

If you won't neg a seller for your own personal hang up, that's fine, but I will..

As has been pointed out, it's possible that there was no thievery involved. I can understand how people would be upset if a seller was using prime for their drop shipping however, as explained in various places in this thread, that might not be the case. I can't imagine someone negging a seller just in case they were doing something dishonest.  

But then I can't imagine giving a negative just because the package was shipped from Amazon either.  There may or may not be a 'legitimate' reason as to why the package was sent from Amazon, you just don't know. If it really bothers the buyer, perhaps a soft positive would be more in line in a situation like that as well as a note to themselves not to buy from that seller again.

It sounds like theft to me.

But anyway, if you can't imagine giving a neg because the package was shipped from Amazon, just sit back, relax, and imagine me negging the seller instead, because I would.

I think ebay should make it mandatory that all drop shipping sellers should state on the listing that they are drop shipping, and also which supplier they are using, and then buyers can make an informed decision.

Message 267 of 371
latest reply

City: 

"Hmmm....I'm 100% sure that I said tissue paper. But I realize you had toilet paper on the brain in another thread.  Apparently some got stuck on your shoe and you dragged it into this thread."

More than priceless!!! Made my day to ROFL.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 268 of 371
latest reply

Although I despise drop shippers - how far do you want this interfereence to go? Should Ebay make a seller disclose where they purchased an item? Many may not want to buy items that are from a thrift store, a dead person's estate, an outlet or a store like TJ Maxx or Big Lots that buys lots of items other stores because they couldn't sell them.

My husband refuses to shop at Target - should a seller who purchases his items on Black Friday at Target or at Target clearances have to disclose that as my husband woudn't purchase the item then.

Also a seller who uses Amazon to house and ship his items really isn't drop shipping. He owns the items - but instead of having his own warehouse and employees finds it worth the cost to have Amazon fulfill his sales thereby leaving him the ability to source or concentrate on other areas of his business.

Message 269 of 371
latest reply

I just want sellers to state on their listings that they don't have the items in hand because they are drop shippers.

And then that way, I can hit the back button, and can so can other potential buyers who don't want to deal with drop shippers.

Message 270 of 371
latest reply