cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Will NEVER Buy from Ebay Again!!!

FIRST TIME BUYER ON EBAY - A seller sold me a broken laptop that arrived in a beat up box. I sent message after message over the 3 day period and all I got was a reply stating that they have not got my messages (huh? what did you reply to?). I asked them to refund the item and to send me a shipping label. Instead, they sent me a message giving me a week to return it with my own money and that if it didn't arrive I would lose my refund. They have 969 positive reviews and I DO NOT believe their positive reviews are legit. I am convinced they used a BOT. On top of that, it took me 1 HOUR to find a way to contact a human on Ebay. I literally found an IM window by accident that gave me an option for them to call me. Unbelievable.

With Amazon, its 3 clicks and a quick trip to UPS for free return shipping. With Ebay? 4 days of hell, an hour trying to get ahold of them, having to wait more days after the phone call because they want additional time for the seller to get ahold of me (at the time of the phone call we were going on 4 days of trying to get ahold of the seller). I was left with waiting 2 more days and to then track Ebay down again to request a return label and refund.

All and all we are talking about 2 weeks before all is said and done due to a company literally ripping me off with a broken computer and refusing to talk to me and leaving me with the shipping with a warning that the refund may not happen unless they receive it by a certain time . . . ya right. BYE BYE EBAY . . . HELLO AMAZON!!!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: I Will NEVER Buy from Ebay Again!!!

At the top of every listing there's a link to eBay's Money Back Guarantee. Had you read it you would have discovered that there was no reason for you to contact customer service. Go to the item in your purchase history, click the Return button, and indicate the item was not as described. Ebay will give the seller three days to send a return shipping label. If they don't, you ask eBay to step in and eBay sends you the label. When the seller receives the item, you'll be refunded in full.

I would also mention that with my last Amazon return it took nearly a month to get my refund.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

If seller doesn't do anything you can do credit card chargeback as a last result. You have months to do this. Just go online and go into the banking credit or debit card and make a dispute. Might take a few weeks to get that refund from the banking institution. Its real easy. Give eBay a chance before doing anything to see what the seller's reply might be. Even though they say no returns if that is the case they still have to pay for postage. Don't return anything without tracking first of all. And be business-like and polite when communicating. You won't lose your money as they say. I guess they didn't think you would come here and complain. A lot of moderators here will tell you how to open a case with this seller. I would do that first with eBay before a credit card chargeback. I don't think you need to contact the seller anymore. Let eBay help you out.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

And it's about the same with ebay, IF you follow the INAD process.  

You have to return the item before you get a refund.  Ebay will provide you with a prepaid label, no reason to contact the seller.  Just escalate, pack it back up, print the label and drop it at the post office.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

ALL eBay buyers need to read the Money Back Guarantee which is seen in every listing.

This entire process goes much more easier and faster for buyers who equip themselves with that knowledge.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Just to add to the Amazon comment; It is FAR FROM EASY to get a refund if the item is sold by one of the many MILLIONS of 3rd Party Sellers. The response from AZ is- "deal with the seller, we didn't sell it". I got no tracking or made up tracking numbers that went nowhere and/or no shipment for a total of 4 items in a 1 week period. 

Learned my lesson- never buy there unless it says 'sold & shipped by AZ'

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

How the hell do I leave this community?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@zzlo-27 wrote:

How the hell do I leave this community?

Easy, stop posting comments

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

This explains how you close your eBay account and delete your data:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/closing-account?id=4199

-

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Two weeks trying to get a refund when all you had to do was click on 'return this item'?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

If seller doesn't do anything you can do credit card chargeback as a last result. You have months to do this. 

@12345jamesstamps 

While many card issuers will allow an extended dispute period, the Fair Credit Billing Act only requires them to give 60 days to open a dispute. So it's misleading to state that months to open a case is standard.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

This is eBay and not Amazon so what is done on Amazon is irrelevant.  I recommend that you review the details of how the MBG works and file the appropriate return request.  If you failed to do that in a timely manner you can file  through PayPal or your funding source.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I mentioned months which can be 2 months...honestly would anyone actually wait longer than 2 months.

Most buyers would do a c.c.chargeback before the end of two months. It was a figure of speech when I said months. Pay Pal I believe allows 6 months...and they have credit cards...and someone of this platform just mentioned today that someone opened a c.c.chargeback after 2 years...read it...doesn't mean he will win. But anything is possible. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Same here! This is now the third time I've purchased expensive items on eBay only to receive absolute broken, useless junk!

NEVER again eBay! Never.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Same here! And it is IMpossible to contact a real person with your concerns and aggravations. It is all completely automated, and hence utterly useless. A digital prison with horrendous results.

I'm cancelling my eBay account.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply