cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off "educational and promotional pages" ?

Recently, with every sign on, I get sent to a useless eBay page with a photo - and nothing else - with a link on how to disable this "feature". I have followed the link, gone through the communications preferences and made sure that every box related to anything like this is unchecked.  Having done this, I still have to click through this useless page before I can access the site. If there's a hidden toggle to turn this off, I can't find it. Anyone?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: How to turn off "educational and promotional pages" ?

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

I have not even followed the instruction to not get such, as I fear that I may lose things that I want to see.

Maybe this one is like after a night of over indulging out on the town.........   you need to toss your cookies to get better.

I used to know how, but even that is a challenge for me since windows 10 entered my life.

One user reported eBay to the BBB for putting that promotional page at sign in.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Me too this is annoying, since I cannot find out how I turn it off?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I usually stay signed in, but had to sign in to make a change in my account today and got the same screen.

tyler@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

jasmen@ebay 

Can you shed any light on this new screen? I had the same experience as the OP regarding my communication preferences.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @pburn - 

This is currently being investigated as a potential technical issue, but I don't have much more than that at this point in time (other than to say that I've never found bike riding to be so persistent before 😛 )

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Thanks once again for your quick response! If you think of it, could you or another Community Team member let us know if/when there's an explanation or a resolution?

Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the team!

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I started getting this nag screen today (12/25). Like others, no way to turn it off despite following their useless link (change your Notification Preferences).

Just adding my voice the fray.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Ditto here. Usually stay signed in, but had to change profile picture and when signing back in I geot the "change your preferences" screen. Very annoying.

tyler@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

jasmen@ebay 

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I have turned off every possible option for getting ads, and I still get this. It's been happening to me for months now. It's quite annoying.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Is anyone actually going to fix it?  Or at least try?  WHEN?

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Exactly HOW annoyed can people get for having to punch one continue button. Annoying....maybe...end of the world...no.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@*lady*madonna* 

Perhaps you didn't notice that the blues had already been tagged into this thread and one of them had responded. See Message #4 and Message #5 above.

Tagging them again will not resolve the problem. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Thanks, Tyler.  It's an odd thing, as there is zero information on that screen, just a photo of a bike rider. The link to "turn off" this feature, of course, doesn't lead to anything useful or relevant. Looks like something sort of half-implemented thing, or a thing still in beta. Everyone I know HATES it.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@*lady*madonna* 

Perhaps you didn't notice that the blues had already been tagged into this thread and one of them had responded. See Message #4 and Message #5 above.

Tagging them again will not resolve the problem. 

Ooops...I hadn't noticed, my bad. Sorry for the faux pas.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Hi, as I hate this forced promoting items, very annoying and encombering on listing overview page , I had a chat with an ebay agent about removing this thing "promote your listing" His answer was there is no way to remove it. I suggested giving an option to remove it. He said he will send my suggestion to a team... I had this same issue with all the messages listed on the listing overview page, annoying and encombering as well, same thing, chat with an agent who couldn't even figure what I was refering to... untill I realised the messages disapeared of the selling/listing overview page as I replied to them from the message section as I couldn't do it directly as I received this message "You can't reply to this message as it's more than 90 days old... " (or close to that) even if the message was a few hours old...  

Message 15 of 19
latest reply