cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report price gouging?

How do I report hand sanitizer being sold for insane prices? 

Message 1 of 304
latest reply
303 REPLIES 303

It's called free enterprise. Prices are set by supply and demand. 

Message 16 of 304
latest reply

I'm sure looters during a riot feel the same way

Message 17 of 304
latest reply

It's not just hand sanitizers.  It all hand soaps, alcohol derivative products,  surface antibacterials, and gloves.  Massive gouging on all.  Report them all.

Message 18 of 304
latest reply

thanks... just reported about 7 for price gouging purell !

Message 19 of 304
latest reply

tadonald
Adventurer
EBAY IS allowing price gouging on TOILET PAPER. Someone has 1 sheet of T. P. for $2.00 another has 4 sheets( not rolls) for 99¢!! Several other outrageous prices that ebay isn't taking down. This is rediculous.
Message 20 of 304
latest reply

This is consider price gouging for 1 roll of toilet paper. I went to Home Depot got 1,000 sheets 12 pack for $11..47 plus tax I picked up 2 of them for now. But even 4 packs they are charging $25 or more for a 4 pack wow! I got 2 of the  12 packs with tax $24.22. So I can see making some profit but this is outrageous 

Message 21 of 304
latest reply

It has been called a state emergency in Wisconsin. I believe the president is calling a nationwide emergency today at 2 pm central time. So it is indeed illegal! 

Message 22 of 304
latest reply

yeah..look at what pharmaceutical companies charge for medication or hospitals charge for service..those are true price gouging which effects all of us by insane insurance costs..we have no choice in that regard.. but most sheep ignore that

high priced items on ebay you can just pass over...but nope...sheeple cry about that to ebay..please please remove that terrible listing ..lol

Message 23 of 304
latest reply

I think most people know about the markup by pharmaceutical companies for medications which they state is to recover their R&D costs.  But gouging during a health crisis is different.  I saw two listings for Lysol Spray Cans today that were from  1998.    One of them was used.   Not only are they dangerous as chemicals degrade over time but they cannot be shipped by Priority Mail as they are hazardous materials.  Please report these listings  and search by Lysol 1998

expired lysol ad 2.JPGexpired lysol ad.JPG

Message 24 of 304
latest reply

price gouging is illegal. 

Message 25 of 304
latest reply

I can’t find anywhere to report it. Yes I also despise price gouging by large corporations. But you are no different if you’re buying up hand sanitizer and selling it for insane prices on eBay. It also makes you a **bleep** human being.

Message 26 of 304
latest reply

We are not the price gouging police.  Why worry about it?  That's what a free market is all about.

Message 27 of 304
latest reply

No, it’s not their business if they want to pay inflated prices. It’s everyone’s business when you can’t find toilet paper anywhere but some greedy person is selling a 4 pack of charmin at a starting bid of $200. When we are in a shortage of supply and people are actually going out and buying as much as they can just to turn around and resell them for over 10 times the amount they are sold in stores, that is price gouging and it’s wrong. If you don’t need it, leave it at the stores for someone who does. 

Message 28 of 304
latest reply

Do YOU work for ebay???   Then maybe all should boy cot ebay for allowing such GREED in a time like this... 

Message 29 of 304
latest reply

Exactly........... Thank you
Message 30 of 304
latest reply