cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay requesting payment method when submitting an offer???

I was trying to make an offer on an item and it asked for payment before I submitted the offer. Has anyone else seen this? I edited my address out for obvious reasons.

asking.for.payment.on.offer.jpg

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Ebay requesting payment method when submitting an offer???

If you don't understand programming, we sites and networking, it is literally impossible to stop people from signing up again.  You would literally have to block ip's and ip's change all the time and the next person to get that up would be blocked from signing up.  

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

You completely left out being able to block sign ups from a givien address via MAC address. Ebay could easily do something like this for 90 days if someone was repeatedly creating new users from the same MAC address. That way people with good standing could still login and buy/sell if that happen to be operating from the same MAC address. Your comment lacks imagination for how to deal with such types of problems, It's not like ebay has any.
@jaywri-46 wrote:

If you don't understand programming, we sites and networking, it is literally impossible to stop people from signing up again.  You would literally have to block ip's and ip's change all the time and the next person to get that up would be blocked from signing up.  

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

For me as a buyer, all this is really gonna accomplish is to make me automatically avoid any seller that opts into this disgusting policy... if someone is truly gonna demand instantaneous payment for an item without me even being sure they're willing to accept my offer in the first place, then, frankly, I'd rather just take my money elsewhere.

Good job breaking it again ebay... 🙄

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

Now Paypal has been added to my make an offer option without me adding it.

PP.added.jpg 

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

Avoid using public computers or unsecured Wi-Fi networks when entering sensitive payment information.

Be cautious if the platform asks for excessive personal information beyond what is necessary for the transaction. Also, be wary of any platform that pressures you into providing payment information quickly.

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

I tried to unlink the Paypal account and it seemed to work for a day or so where I got the 404 page instead of it showing the page you posted.

But now, it defaults back to my Paypal with the Make Offer button enabled. Also the fine print below indicates it will link the account so that this pop up doesn't come up again... which means it would be easier for eBay to charge money to our Paypal accounts without a secondary confirmation. 

I am still trying to find out how to unlink my Paypal account from ebay. At this point, I think the only option is to delete my eBay account.

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

I tried this, but it doesn't work as I don't have the same links that are mentioned in the below thread.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/How-do-I-stop-Ebay-from-automatically-signing-in-to-my-Pa...

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

I have an issue with the new system as it auto assigned one of my forms of payment as default without the option to choose the method at the time of making the offer. Is this a bug? 

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

This sucks because I can get an invoice  combine shipping or give seller instructions 

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Yes, this has just started for me. It is a right pain as I like to use Apple Pay to pay for my winning bids and offers, this is not compatible with this system.

Message 40 of 40
latest reply