Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Received book that is NOT (at all!) as described. Can I contact eBay?

I received a book that is NOT as described. Book described as HARDCOVER in MINT condition. The book I received is PAPERBACK and has much WRITING & yellow HIGHLIGHTING inside & a TORN COVER and looks very used in merely Good condition. It was a total ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

My money

Why you guys change me something I don’t buyed? I need my money back please, thanks

Faulty description

I won a projector that in the item description said it was 1920x1080 native resolution. After doing more research online found out the resolution is actually 1080x820. Is this grounds for a refund?

return shipping label

I have a seller that will not send a return shipping label. They told ebay they sent return label but just sent an address, ebay says the seller is responsible for return shipping. What can I do?

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

How to see offers made on listings that have ended

How can I see my submitted offer history for listings that have ended? context -I submitted an offer that was declined seller has since relisted the same item a few times without selling and has reached out to me asking if I am still interested. prob...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller will not accept bids or offers from me.

I tried to buy 2 items from a seller. I have purchased 5 items from the seller in the past with no trouble. We gave each other positive feedback. I messaged the seller as to the reason I cannot buy from her and received no response.

seller who cancelled my order for a bogus reason

Besides reporting this seller to ebay, what can I do. I purchased an item on an instant buy. The seller cancelled my order 2 days before I was to receive it saying my address was wrong - it wasn't. When I contacted the seller, he said ebay cancelled ...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why ebay hides negative feedback for seller

I recently had a very bad experience with a seller. The seller cancelled the order after the bid was won by me. I had to give negative feedback as the seller also did not respond to multiple messages. To my surprise, ebay hasn't posted my negative fe...

• 42 replies
  • 1 helpful

So this is an "activation lock" issue with a bit of a twist...

I purchased an apple watch ultra January 2023. I received the watch and immediately on attempts to pair, received a request for security code. I had asked the buyer previously to remove the device from their iCloud account. They had said they would. ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can seller charge storage fee?

I purchased a coffee pot to be sent to my apartment. The address was missing the unit number so USPS did not deliver and returned to seller. I contacted the seller about resending the coffee pot. She said I would need to pay shipping (which I expecte...

Resolved! How can I view many pages of my purchase history?

Not long ago I was looking at my purchase history, and at the bottom of the page there was a row of numbers. These were the pages of my history going back years. Now I can't seem to find that again. I'm only getting about a dozen purchases, and then ...

Unintentional deletions

I chose ONE ITEM to delete from my watch list and INSTEAD the program deleted 75 items. WHAT Gives???

Resolved! Auction Scam Beware. I got scammed.

I caught this by accident. Right above "Place bid" are the bids. Clicking that shows all the bidders. Bottom of page shows any bid retractions. Example: if you click on 6***4 (6) it shows details about them, bidding habits and more (92 bid retraction...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 27 replies
  • 19 helpful

Resolved! Allstate Protection Plans or So-Called Protection Plans

Beware of purchasing the Allstate Protection plans as there are hidden details not published on ebay and it's refurbished listings. I puchased a Google Pixel 3 on 11-11-22 and I received a "free 1 year protection plan" with the purchase. This phone d...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors