cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caveat Emptor- Sellers are Favored

Sellers have the upper hand with eBay. I was libeled by both eBay and the seller, who accused me of fraud.  eBay refunded my money, claimed the items were stolen from my porch (they weren’t- I have them) and closed the auction so I couldn’t comment.

Buyer beware- eBay doesn’t have your back.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

eBay refunded your money and you have the item. That worked out good.

Sounds like you got a free item.

How is the seller a crook?

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

@christopherphilips wrote:

Sellers have the upper hand with eBay. I was libeled by both eBay and the seller, who accused me of fraud.  eBay refunded my money, claimed the items were stolen from my porch (they weren’t- I have them) and closed the auction so I couldn’t comment.

Buyer beware- eBay doesn’t have your back.

You received a refund and you have the item? Closed the auction so you couldn’t communicate?
You we’re libeled how? 
A lot of this story makes very little sense.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@christopherphilips,

Something is wrong with the wording of your post.  If you have the item and a refund, how were you defrauded?

If that happened to you, and you filed an Item Not Received (INR) dispute. Then you filed the wrong type of dispute It should have been an Item Not As Described dispute. You only file an INR when you do not receive anything at all.  You should read the terms of ebay's Money Back Guarantee, so you know what to do if there is an issue in the future. There is a link to it on most listings.

You were not libeled either, if the seller called you a scammer in a private message it is not libel. If ebay gave you a courtesy refund then they felt your case had merit even if they stated in a message to you, that the refund was for the package being stolen from your porch.  Since neither the seller or ebay publicly wrote anything about you, it wasn't libel.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

You got a refund and the items too, but the seller is a crook?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

How would a seller claim something was stollen from YOUR porch or even know that it was? All they can see is it was delivered. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Why don't you return the item if you got the money?  Just asking for a friend.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Hi @christopherphilips 

I do not understand the problem you are having.  You talk of libel and fraud ... yet say you have your items AND a refund.

Please explain how you are being wronged if you are asking for help with something.  It's not immediately obvious what your problem is.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Seller promised 4-pack- it’s in the listing. He only sent three. Then he said the listing was only for three, even though it says 4-pack. That makes him a liar and a crook.

eBay claimed the item was stolen off my porch, even though I explained perfectly what the situation is. That makes eBay an enabler of fraud.
Yes, I got my money back. That doesn’t change the fact that the seller is a crook and eBay enables fraud.

You can “feel” however you want. 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

"You can “feel” however you want."

So can you. If the item was not as described, all you had to do was file a case to use Ebays MBG. Since that fourth item must have shown as delivered, you werent entitled to a refund, but you got one anyway, and kept the other items. So I would say you did very well on Ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@christopherphilips  sounds like an awesome deal for u. u got 3 free items.

since u got refunded for them, did u send them back to the seller?

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

As we cannot see what you bought/received, so we do not know if it was 3 or 4 in the listing, so we do not know who was right or wrong. But heck, you got a refund and free products and seller got zilch. 

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Hopefully, the op got a one time courtesy refund, and the seller did not have to refund, since he did nothing wrong.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

The seller didn’t refund, eBay did. 
If the seller wants them back he can have them, but he will need to send me a shipping label. I hope he doesn’t expect the four I paid for ‘cause he’s only getting the three he sent.

First I’m going to compare them to the full-price filter I have ordered direct from Frigidaire.

I don’t understand why so many people are going out of their way to defend this guy. I can’t leave feedback, so the next guy is going to have to go through this too. Even a halfway honest  seller on this platform benefits from getting the crooks removed. How shady are the people defending this guy?

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I filed a case. eBay closed it. I protested so they pretended the items were stolen and refunded.

I can’t leave feedback, so this guy is free to do this again. How many times has he done this? Do you know?

Why do you care about this?

Is this common practice now?

eBay used to rely on feedback- now I guess it relies on commenters running interference for shady sellers.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply