Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

EBAY FRAUDLENTLY ADVERTISES A PRODUCT AN THEN LIES FOR 2 MONTHS ITS ON ITS WAY, WHEN AFTER 2 MONTHS

WAITED 3 MONTHS for 3 different rings i purchased...ebay kept assuring me its on its way, this is what is called illegal an lying......i have quit purchasing from ebay they have NO INTEGRITY, an always take the side of the seller which blatantly shou...

What to do when eBay won't let you open an Item Not Received case

Many sellers in China state an unrealistically long delivery time. They apparently know that while eBay won't let a buyer open an Item Not Received case until the estimated delivery date has passed, eBay WILL remove your option to open such at case a...

E-Bay allows sellers to rip you off

Bought two hats from a seller. Seller sends a tracking number. Item arrives but is only half the order. Seller claims another tracking number and states it was delivered. It was not, Contact E-Bay and to no help, they allow seller to change tracking ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Claim

How do even start a claim? Why does ebay make it so hard to do. Tracking shows item was delivered in the wrong state so its an easy claim for me but how do you even start a claim? It use to be so easy

China

Help! I bought an item with free shipping but without noticing the delivery date which is 3 months. It's coming from China and it's been 10 days and still not shipped. No response from seller. What can I do?

Why does eBay require default payment method to make an offer?

I recently noticed that eBay is now requiring a default payment method when making an offer and charges as soon as the offer is accepted. I have already had two experience where I bid in multiple items from the same vendor who agreed to combine shipp...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Would like to cancel order, but says it’s too late

Hello,I ordered a CD a on June 24, and it hasn’t been shipped yet. I contacted the seller to see when it will be shipped but haven’t heard back. Then I looked up the feedback and it was filled with neutral and negative feedback, (buyer beware all ove...

Thoughts on an Item Does Not Match Description Dispute

Hello there! First time poster here.I was wondering what others thought about this ebay dispute I had with a seller this week. They advertised a 4k bluray movie that when received actually turned out to be a regular 1080p movie, not 4k. I actually al...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Bots and Kids

What is eBay gonna do about all the bots and kids bidding on this site? It makes it impossible to get anything. Place bid on an item, then a 0 feedback account bids it up, bids it up, bids it up. If you counter bid, it bids more, then it wins the auc...

did not receive my order

my order number is28-10087-41024 a 50 gallon portable water barrel. Tracking said it was delivered on June 7th?

SCAM: phone reported as stolen and disabled just after 30 days

I received the item in question a Samsung Galaxy S23 new but right after 30 days Samsung disabled it because it was reported as stolen or "there were issues with a trade in". I contacted Samsung but they couldn't help without the original email and o...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Used Shark robot vacuum

I bought a used Shark vacuum. It was sent as a housewarming gift. The receiver of the gift said it was making a noise. It was opened and it was filled with what appeared to be animal hair. It was cleaned out and now it works. I contacted buyer with a...

Buying as guest

I am a member of eBay. Can I also buy things as a guest, for example, a surprise gift? Or is there a mandate that we must use our accounts? Thanks.

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay automatically paid my winning item without my permission?

this never has happened to me before and I didn’t not get any notice in email nor did I ever signed up or agreed to have automatic payment option on buying. When I buy or bid and win an item, I always get an email from ebay saying I won or please pay...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors