cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked from bidding

Has anyone ever been blocked from bidding from a seller who won't respond to requests why they won't accept bids from a bidder? The latest lot number I was trying to bid on is 204683338282.  EBay's customer service referred me back to the seller, but how can I find out what's going on when the seller won't respond to my messages.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Blocked from bidding

If the seller has your account on their Blocked Bidders List, they may have communication blocked as well.

Automatic eBay blocks can also be placed on an account for a little as 2 unpaid item strikes within the last year.

EBay cannot help you with this issue. Only the seller can if they care to.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@oregonbeachbum 

Sellers are not obligated to respond to blocked buyers nor reveal the reason for the block.

Find a different seller.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Sellers can block you for any and all reasons,  and they don't need any justification to do so. As the other posters have stated,  move on to a more receptive Seller.   Nothing to be done here.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Thank you, everyone, for the information.  The issue is that this seller has items for sale I need for my collection which are not available from other sellers.  This seller is the only one on eBay who has blocked me from bidding on their lots.  The last time I looked at my ratings in eBay I didn't have a single negative review.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@oregonbeachbum 

The seller doesn't want to do business with you which is his prerogative. 

You'll need to find another seller. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Looks like you left a negative for that particular seller. Maybe that's why you are blocked?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@oregonbeachbum,

If you open your feedback profile page click on Left for others, you'll find that you left that seller a negative feedback for about 46 transactions ago. It will be near the bottom of page 2.  That is why the seller has blocked you.  Most sellers also block communications from buyers on their blocked buyer list as well, so they will not receive messages from you. When you messaged them, you should have received a notice saying the seller is not accepting messages from you.

" The last time I looked at my ratings in eBay I didn't have a single negative review".

As long as you only buy on this account you will have a 100% positive rating, because buyers cannot receive negative feedback. Therefore, sellers look at the feedback you have left for others to judge your reputation. That one negative you left will not bother other sellers, but you've been blocked by that one.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

The  issue  is that you've previously left negative FB for the seller.  Thus the seller has blocked you.  

You don't have a single negative review because you are only a buyer and buyers cannot receive anything except positive reviews.  

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@oregonbeachbum wrote:

Thank you, everyone, for the information.  The issue is that this seller has items for sale I need for my collection which are not available from other sellers.  This seller is the only one on eBay who has blocked me from bidding on their lots.  The last time I looked at my ratings in eBay I didn't have a single negative review.

You're a buyer so you CAN'T get negative feedback.

You left this seller a negative in the past so that is why you were blocked by them.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Almost all buyers who are blocked have history with the seller.

A few may have been blocked due to posts on forums like this one.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@oregonbeachbum 

Per an ill-conceived eBay policy change when a seller blocks an ID from bidding ..................... communication is also automatically blocked even if the seller has not check marked the box to do such.

Your messages to the seller that has blocked you just go on out into cyberspace with no indication to you that the seller will never see it.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for locating the negative feedback I left against this seller.  After looking at my original messages I remember that this lot was the same one I paid for and never received.  Since the seller made no attempt to respond to multiple messages I sent I filed a claim with eBay for merchandise paid for and never received.  EBay must have refunded the money to me and withdrew it from the seller.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

"A few may have been blocked due to posts on forums like this one."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a victim of those type of blocks.

Every time I advised a buyer to neg a seller, the sellers on the boards went flying to their BBL's like bats out of hell.  🤣   Must be about 2k sellers have got me blocked.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Wonder if any of those 2K sellers would have been selling anything you wanted to buy.  

Message 15 of 16
latest reply