cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticity Guarantee seller shipping SCAM please help

I purchased item number 305493383404. After I hit buy it now I saw it was a fake…the date code is upside down. The scam seller shipped it to a the city where the authentication center is… Moonachie, NJ and then delivered to a P.O. Box in Wood Ridge, NJ. 

Authenticity guarantee items don’t go to a P.O. Box. and they don’t go to Wood Ridge, NJ.

On tracking because it was “delivered” it shows ”arrived at authenticator” but it’s not it’s a scam because the authenticator isn’t in Wood Ridge. 

I can’t get in touch with authenticity guarantee and I can’t get a live person at eBay. 

I’ve attached a screenshot of the tracking.

What do I do?

Luxury_handbags@ebay.com 

IMG_0361.png

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Authenticity Guarantee seller shipping SCAM please help

@justagirl12 

While I do suspect you're correct about the bag being fake and probably about something sketchy about the seller, the shipping address the seller used and that it's a brand new user, you're really overreacting to a perceived loss. 

1. Brand new seller won't get the money for at least 30 days

2. If the item didn't go to the authentication center, it won't have the security tags that come with legitimately authenticated items.

3. If the item didn't get to the authentication center, the seller won't be able to send the bag to you. Sellers do NOT get buyers' addresses! 

4. Was there a signature shown on delivery to (what you believe is) the scam address? There MUST be one for seller protection since the total payment was $750+

5. If you don't get it from the authentication center, you file INR and will get a refund.

6. On the off chance that it does get to the authentication center, it won't pass and you will get a refund. 

You just need to wait out the process, whatever that ends up being.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Thank you @albertabrightalberta 

You always give thoughtful and helpful replies. But… sellers DO have access to buyers information. It’s in the order information area of the orders page. You have to click on something but you can definitely see the buyers information including street, city, state, zip and phone number.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

And also, if it does somehow get shipped to me from whoever got it from the post office box….it will show as delivered and because it was listed as new and authenticity guarantee there is no way to open a return request. You can’t open a return request for items listed as new with authenticity guarantee. @albertabrightalberta 

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@justagirl12 wrote:

If the scammer has a post office box located near the city that the authentication center is in then it’s possibly an inside job and it’s gonna show authenticated and shipped to me???

I think you're making some big leaps there on the "what ifs". While the situation does look odd, as @albertabrightalberta outlined, there are numerous steps and procedures in the AG process so it's unlikely you'd end up in a sticky situation.

Should something "off" happen, come back here and we'll help. But take it one step at a time and don't stress about the what ifs.

Remember, eBay CS can review tracking and other internal info to see what happened with the bag and initial delivery.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@justagirl12 wrote:

And also, if it does somehow get shipped to me from whoever got it from the post office box….it will show as delivered and because it was listed as new and authenticity guarantee there is no way to open a return request. You can’t open a return request for items listed as new with authenticity guarantee. @albertabrightalberta 

For someone who keeps accusing us, over and over, of not reading your posts, it's you who don't seem to be reading ours.

1) If you receive an item that says it was going to the authenticators but arrives without the card and security tag indicating it has, you most certainly can open a return case. Worst case is that you have to open it through one of the social media customer service channels. 

2) If you don't receive the package at all, you can open an item not received claim, since tracking doesn't show delivered to your zip code.

So in either case, you're covered.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@wastingtime101 Thank you. I will keep you posted. 

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@wastingtime101 @albertabrightalberta 

I just wanted to come back and let you know I was refunded and it looks like the scammer was removed. Thank you for helping me.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Some people think they know everything without reading..🧐🤷🙈

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

This is not a MENSA forum…for sure …I’m positive that some individuals do understand your post..

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

let you know I was refunded and it looks like the scammer was removed

@justagirl12 

Thanks for the update.  Though I was "late to the party" so to speak, I was wondering why the item number produced no results.  

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@msha3839 wrote:

This is not a MENSA forum…for sure …I’m positive that some individuals do understand your post..

I actually have been a MENSA member since 1975.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply