cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else get a generous coupon from eBay today?

My other account is apparently older than this, my husband's/ main selling account, and I got an email delineating my activity on eBay (2000 was my first purchase) and giving me a very generous $25 to spend in the next ten days as a reward for being here so long. LOL, I always have trouble finding something to spend money on when there is a deadline! And I know I'll probably want to try to use the cart and buy things from multiple sellers at one time, and that won't work so I'll have to rethink my purchase. Will probably buy books.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

General reply to the post.

Been here since January 2001.  

I registered for the 25th anniversary virtual event a couple of days after receiving the invite.

No $25 coupon for me.

And I bought 2 eBay coffee mugs earlier today from the eBay merchandise store.

Big sigh .................................

Congrats to those who received one.  

Message 61 of 116
latest reply

never got the email

Message 62 of 116
latest reply

No love here

VintageCarMagazines

Message 63 of 116
latest reply

it was only for bidden supporters and democrats i guess who got one . did any of you donate to hellery in 2016 ?

Message 64 of 116
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I was just trying to figure out why ebay would give some sellers this coupon and not others.   I'm hoping they are just showing up in waves, but otherwise, I feel it causes unnecessary ill will for those omitted or did they think those sellers wouldn't find out.

I agree with you completely. I am very disappointed to have not received the coupon on any of my accounts- and my main account has been around for quite a long time.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay- Should we expect to see this sent out in waves throughout the week or were all coupons already sent?

Message 65 of 116
latest reply

I got mine...member since 2000, haven't sold anything in over 15 years but have spent lots of money here.

The coupon was very generous. Thank you, Ebay!!!

It's already spent......yeah yeah yeah 🎸🎸🎸🥁🎶🎶🎶

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 66 of 116
latest reply

i bet they sent it to bidden supporters only  .

Message 67 of 116
latest reply

Yes, many received this coupon. Roughly a $1 a year isn't much compensation for the roughly $100K in eBay fees I have paid them. Well, I guess it just depends on which side of the fence you are on. 🙂  And yes, I do have several ID's. I bought my dog a toy to chew up with mine. I guess it's one of those times the phrase "It's the thought that counts." applies.

Message 68 of 116
latest reply

@g12johsmit wrote:

it was only for bidden supporters and democrats i guess who got one . did any of you donate to hellery in 2016 ?

Politics has nothing to do with it. The coupon was sent to long time Ebay members, from the beginning of Ebay in 1995 to the early 2000's.

Your account does not qualify since it was created in 2015. Sorry.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 69 of 116
latest reply

Still no love today.

I don't understand...I know I don't smell bad, I took a shower and everything 😂...

I feel like Charlie Brown.

7b09145ee9c9c1f9d0160159753d0ba7

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 70 of 116
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

I was just trying to figure out why ebay would give some sellers this coupon and not others.   I'm hoping they are just showing up in waves, but otherwise, I feel it causes unnecessary ill will for those omitted or did they think those sellers wouldn't find out.

I agree with you completely. I am very disappointed to have not received the coupon on any of my accounts- and my main account has been around for quite a long time.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay- Should we expect to see this sent out in waves throughout the week or were all coupons already sent?

@coffeebean832 I wish I knew more about this coupon, but the truth is this thread is the first I've heard about it. I'll try to get more details about it and if I do then I'll let you know 🙂 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 71 of 116
latest reply

Someone said they didn't get the email, but the code worked at checkout.

So don't buy something expecting to get it, but if you were going to buy something anyway, might as well try the code when you pay.

Message 72 of 116
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

Did everyone that got one register for the 25th anniversary virtual event?

I registered for the event, but haven't gotten a coupon yet.

I didn't register either of my accounts, got the coupon on one.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 73 of 116
latest reply

No additional zero fee insertions of any note

You are in Managed Payments so you should have received extra zero fee insertions.  Many categories were included.  You don't list in any of those?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 74 of 116
latest reply

I registered in 2000, and I also registered for the 25th anniversary event, and I received the coupon.

My other account was opened much later, registered for the 25th event, and did not receive the coupon.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 75 of 116
latest reply