Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Can't leave a feedback.

I purchased an item that the seller never sent. I couldn't open the case on the item and had to contact ebay. Case is now closed and ebay refunded me. I tried to leave a feedback but it was not published. I want other potential buyers to know how thi...

User avatar by Scout
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why does eBay Tax Shipping and Handling Fees?

I'm a very active eBay buyer and recently I looked into the 'sales tax' that eBay charges. It turns out that eBay not only taxes the item sales price, but also adds in the shipping and handling charges prior to calculating sales tax. I believe this n...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback on items

Idon't like to submit feedback on items, because the seller is never happy unless you rate the item as excellent. I've even had a seller refuse to sell to me because I gave a few negative asessments, claiming that I'm never satisfied even though I've...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! So much for eBay's "Money Back Guarantee policy"

I bought an item from *** back on April 13 for $44 and change. It ships from China, which is fine. On April 26 my package arrived. When I opened, they had sent me a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT item. I took pictures, sent them a message, and they responded A...

eBay gift card

I bought a gift card of over 1200 and I over scratched the card. I’ve got all my receipts but I was told to contact eBay . Please help it’s a lot of money

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

International buyer, woe upon you.

Buying from seller with Global shipping program may sound easy enough, so i decided it give it chance.I bought a item that was somewhat diffcult to find in my country. I made the purchase and immediately paid for the item. So far everything worked ou...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

defective ebay card

I bought an ebay gift card that does not work, the store that I purchased it - won't issue a replacement or refund, is there anything else that I can try?

Bad feedback or no?

If I win an item for $1, $8 shipping and the seller cancels and refunds with no communication, should I leave negative feedback? Feels like they weren't happy with the sell price but that's what reserves are for

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item did not arrive. eBay says it did. What can I do?

What recourse does a buyer have when an item does not arrive?I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1998.I have a 100% rating on almost 1300 transactions.On a recent purchase, the USPS says it was delivered. But it wasn't.We have lockers at our m...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Domestic Item Shipping from China

I learned my lesson about buying items that are shipped from China, and the next time I ordered something, I selected NORTH AMERICA on my search. I purchased an item that has: Shipping: Free Economy Shipping. Located in: Fort Lauderdale, FL, United S...

**bleep**... formally known as eBay.

Just when you think you've seen it all.... what in the hell is this?"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now...

Authenticity guarantee sends me a fake.

I bought 3 pairs of sneakers from the same seller, only in different sizes. I found it strange that the price was so low, but I trusted the authenticity guarantee. Out of the 3 pairs, 2 failed and 1 passed, and I received the product. However, since ...

BROKEN CAPTCHA FEATURE FIX PLEASE!!!!!!

Ebay is so broken these days. Every week it's a new problem. The page for a list of items you're bidding on was broken for MONTHS before it finally got fixed. So anyway, today all of a sudden I need to prove I'm a human. So they are showing me a CAPT...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors