cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on items

Idon't like to submit feedback on items, because the seller is never happy unless you rate the item as excellent.  I've even had a seller refuse to sell to me because I gave a few negative asessments, claiming that I'm never satisfied even though I've bought hundreds of items on Ebay over many years and only had a handful of disapointments.  I really wanted that item that the seller refused to sell to me.  So, how can I stop the feedback requests?   

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Feedback on items

Just ignore the requests for FB.

As for being blocked by sellers, you have a history of FB left for sellers which will lead many sellers to block you or even cancel your orders.

They need not read, they will just count.

Other sellers, like myself,  will never read what you previously left.

Either you are very poor at choosing whom to buy from or very picky about what you receive.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

The negative FBs you've left say that you've had more than "a handful of disappointments".   Feedback has always been voluntary, you'd be better off not leaving any.  Negative feedback should be a last resort if you don't want to be seen as a problem buyer.  Vetting sellers properly is a good way to avoid disappointment as well.  

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

Can't even imagine having that many negative buying experiences. As another poster stated, you have to do a better job vetting sellers. 

As far as selling seeing your negs left, if you made an offer on one of my items, the offer would be refused and your eBay ID would be placed on my buyer blocked list. 

Consider not buying from overseas sellers and start checking out the sellers before you buy. 

Posting ID
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

Sellers can block any buyers they wish for any reason.  Seeing your feedback left for others is a good reason.  You need to find another seller for that item because you can't make the seller sell the item to you nor will eBay.

You can opt out of the feedback requests that are coming from eBay here: https://commspreferences.ebay.com/commspref

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

Reading what you wrote and seeing the feedback you left gives the impression that you believe positive feedback is reserved only for sellers who go above and beyond.

Personally, I leave positive feedback when I get an item that fits the description and that’s it. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

Something to remember. When you leave feedback, you not only tell others about the seller/buyer, you also tell them something about yourself.

Same deal for those sellers who 'respond' to negative feedback.

ETA (forgot to add my main point!) - So don't feel pressured or obliged to leave feedback. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

A few negative feedbacks...? I didn't have the time to read them "all".

Thanks for the laugh....

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

"  I've even had a seller refuse to sell to me because I gave a few negative asessments, claiming that I'm never satisfied even though I've bought hundreds of items on Ebay over many years and only had a handful of disapointments."

A few?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

The link you provided does not work.  

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

You don't say if you have kept the items you left negatives for or if you returned them.  Are you aware of eBay's Money Back Guarantee?

If you receive something that is not as described, you can file a claim with eBay, and the seller will have to issue you a label so you can return the item for a refund.  Just go into your Purchase History and there will be a link "return this item" and follow from there.  As soon as the seller receives the item back, they have to refund your money.

Rather than pass out negatives like you have been doing, which makes YOU look bad because there are so many, you might just forgo leaving feedback at all (it's not mandatory).   Get a refund on the items you think are misrepresented or whatever and if that is taken care of, leave it at that. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

My thoughts ... DILUTE YOUR NEGATIVES!

I may have left just as many negatives as you have, but you would never know that looking at my Feedback page! It is great to leave positive feedback whenever you can, because then any of the negatives you leave are kind of diluted.

You have received 683 Feedbacks. 

You have left 27 Feedbacks for others.

You failed to leave feedback for 656 (or more) transactions.

Of 27 Feedbacks you left for others, 2 were neutral and 11 were negative. Of the feedback you left for others, barely 50% was positive.

Imagine if you left positive feedbacks for most/all of the transactions you didn't bother leaving feedback for. Then your 11 negatives and 2 neutrals would be BURIED. Your feedback page scares sellers. Dilute your negative feedback w/ positives, or don't leave any feedback at all, and you won't scare sellers.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

@wpt05 Weird.  It just worked for me.  https://commspreferences.ebay.com/commsprefs

Hover over your seller  name in the upper left corner (desktop) and then choose communication preferences.  It is towards the bottom where you can opt out of feedback reminders.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

Previous link didn't work for some reason.  

This one worked fine.  

Thank you.  

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Feedback on items

@louisuis,

As a buyer only, your feedback percentage will always be 100% because buyers cannot receive negative feedback, even the non-payers and scamming buyers have a 100% rating. Because of that your ebay reputation is judged by the feedback you leave for sellers.

So sellers who do look at your profile as it currently stands, are likely to your cancel bids, ignore your offers and block you from buying from them, because of how many of the few feedback you left were negatives.  You should take @ajs_coins_and_alchemy  advice and start leaving feedback to mitigate the negatives you have left, because the way it stands now, you are going to continue having sellers refusing to sell to you and block you.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 15 of 16
latest reply