Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

EBay GSP is a fraud

I purchased an item from US. I’m in Australia.seller done his bit, sent thru GSP, via USPS, then Pitney Bowes.last tracking data - in customs pending clearance. 8 weeks now.ive contacted my local postage(APG e-commerce) who sent me an email saying th...

contacted through ancestery.com

I have been talking with a young man from Brazil who found me on ancestry. He has my father's WW2 air force uniform (I have seen pictures of it). I asked him if he would be interested in selling it to me or trading for something else from that era. I...

amjo141404_0-1715562475397.png amjo141404_1-1715562520930.jpeg amjo141404_2-1715562551815.jpeg

Being asked to return product but also keep it.

I bought a gpu fan but the fan didn't fit my gpu despite being advertised as being for my gpu I was able to jury rig it but I did give a neutral review. I received a message from the seller.This is the message:----------------------------------------...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller says item shipped but tracking says different

I purchased a laptop from a seller on the 28th of April, I contacted them a few times after a few days of not seeing any update in shipping just to make sure all was good. I was reassured that it would be shipped, and later on that day the seller cla...

BUYERS' Feedback Left for Others, ("Serial Negative Buyers")

Recently I sold an item and as customary I inspect a Buyers "Feedback Left for Others", upon opening the buyers feedback for others, my first thought was this guy is Color Blind, NO, just kidding, I opened to 200, and counted 149 Negatives for Others...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 21 replies
  • 1 helpful

eBay Global Shipping

I was just informed that eBay's Global Shipping confiscated another one of my packages. These were radio tubes from the UK. I did get a good deal on one of the tubes. It seems that if you get a good deal, the item gets confiscated and resold by someo...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Scratched sword replica advertised as NEW

Hi I'm pretty new to buying medieval type weapons so I'm not sure if I made a mistake here but I ordered a replica gandolf sword(lord of rings) and it advertised as new but it came with a bunch of imperfections like scratches on blade, scribble scrat...

Ebay contact question

I have a question about a product description that I cant get answered from the seller. I see no way to contact Ebay about this. Is this correct? Am I correct that there is no one you can talk to at Ebay about any issues you cant resolve?

Resolved! Worst experience ever

Never again 7 years with eBay and just realized Amazon is the way to go I will not spend a dime on eBay sellers lie eBay lie 2 times and they are ok with the fact that they lie , lol what a joke of a company, I’m going to make so much noise for this ...

defective ebay card

I bought an ebay gift card that does not work, the store that I purchased it - won't issue a replacement or refund, is there anything else that I can try?

Wrongly charged VAT on import shipping charge

Having made a purchase from the USA eBay added VAT. The issue being eBay didn’t just add VAT to the item (£115) but also wrongly to the USA paid shipping charge which is not subject to VAT meaning ebay made @£15 extra profit from me!

Aquiline Tracking Scam

The posting for the item I purchased claimed to require 5 days before item would be shipped. 5 or 6 days later, tracking info showed item shipped the same evening (Sunday evening) I made the purchase and arrived two states away by 7 am the next morni...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors