Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Worst experience ever

Never again 7 years with eBay and just realized Amazon is the way to go I will not spend a dime on eBay sellers lie eBay lie 2 times and they are ok with the fact that they lie , lol what a joke of a company, I’m going to make so much noise for this ...

Scratched sword replica advertised as NEW

Hi I'm pretty new to buying medieval type weapons so I'm not sure if I made a mistake here but I ordered a replica gandolf sword(lord of rings) and it advertised as new but it came with a bunch of imperfections like scratches on blade, scribble scrat...

Wrongly charged VAT on import shipping charge

Having made a purchase from the USA eBay added VAT. The issue being eBay didn’t just add VAT to the item (£115) but also wrongly to the USA paid shipping charge which is not subject to VAT meaning ebay made @£15 extra profit from me!

Seller is selling crap

I bought I bought a lot of things from eBay and this seller particular seller is not selling everything with the item. He waited until he already shipped the crap and didn’t tell me what it all existed of

Tax on coins

I never paid state tax on coins I purchased when they were listed in their own category. Ebay put COINS: US in the COLLECTIBILES & ART category. Since the first of the year I have, as today, purchased 65-coin listings and 23 of them were taxed.On 4/2...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Gift Card Missing the Last 4 numbers

After a month of talking with several eBay representatives, I was told today the money is gone. When I called the first time, I was told the money was there and ebay will load the gift card on my account within in 36 hours after receiving a picture o...

defective ebay card

I bought an ebay gift card that does not work, the store that I purchased it - won't issue a replacement or refund, is there anything else that I can try?

Real vs Fake USPS forever stamps with Pics

I've seen a lot of fake forever stamps out there so I decided to make this post. Here are some examples of real vs Fake stamps. The real ones I purchased from the Post Office. Look similar at firstMissing bottom stripeHas bottom stripeUSPS logoMissin...

20240505_180740~2.jpg 20240505_181602~3.jpg 20240505_181537~2.jpg 20240505_181034~2.jpg

Search keywords seem broken

Since about the beginning of the week ebay's search has been turning up way too many results for the terms I use when buying. In the postcard field many sellers use the tag RPPC to mean real photo postcard, but searching for that term now gives many ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors