Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Feedback

I posted positive feedback for a seller, but it does not show up in his feedback. It does, however, show up in my "left for others." May I have your thoughts, please?

contact ebay reresentative

What is ebays phone number so I can talk to a representative? I cannot solve my issue through their chat system.

User avatar by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

How is it legal for Ebay to only allow positive feedback for buyers

Doesn't it seem highly unethical and possibly illegal that Ebay only allows for positive feedback to buyers? i've had a buyer leave negative feedback over a 99 cent item without even discussing or letting me know of a problem, denying communication w...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

NO COMMUNICATION!!

EBAY SUCKS!! when it comes to trying to contact!! They took away the phone number!! All there is now it the asinine So Called HELP They like to make money, but they dont like taking the time to communicate when theres problems I have been staying awa...

New Scam? Very Odd. For a yard Seed Spreader.

Hello everyone. This is new for me. I ordered a seed spreader for my yard. Nothing special. First seller (He was fairly new to eBay). Shipped item through FEDEX. OK? It was free shipping and FEDEX is expensive. FEDEX delivered a small, small package ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paid for item. Didn’t arrive. No purchase history showing

Purchased fly, bug killer tape. Paid for it. Got an email to confirm, payment & delivery. But no purchase history showing on this item. Never arrived. Sent seller @moneycruncher details & photo of purchase. The order number doesn’t seem to exist. Wha...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

DO NOT BUY FROM SELLERS IN CHINA THEY RIP YOU OFF

I purchased a glucose moniter watch from a chinese seller; I was hesitent because i have been ripped off before from a chinese seller they kept putting me off until it was out time to get my money back and ebay did not help or care. Now it is happeni...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 13 replies
  • 3 helpful

Item never received

Item never received! I have contacted the seller 3 times, no response. Today the 26th of April, I'm told I can open a case. It won't let me, it keeps saying "item may still arrive"The item isn't coming, I've waited 9 days already, item keeps saying "...

No recourse for partial order

I ordered two of an item and only received one. I then wrote to the seller 3 times with no reply. I notified eBay and got a form letter from eBay stating “that the item was shipped and received”. Obviously there is no protection if a shipper only shi...

eBAY HELP! WHY PARTIAL REFUNDS?!?

Decluttr_ is only issuing partial refunds for lost merchandise and I want to know if this is policy that eBay intends to tolerate. If so, it is the end of my association with the platform. For a $10.65 item, I was only reimbursed $5. 39, no explanati...

Communication Preferences > Competing Offers

Communication Preferences > Buying Activity > Competing Offers "Competing Offers" is a recent addition. It's separate from "Offers to buyers" and "second chance offers" Can you tell us what that setting controls devon@ebay kyle@ebay ? I've asked a fe...

commpreferences-buyingactivity-competingoffers.png

High pricing !

What is going on with eBay ! Why is everything so expensive now ? I'm looking at used items with high pricing on them ! They're almost as much as the items I can pay for brand new at a retail store, I am about ready to close my account this is gettin...

MacBook bound to email of seller

Hello, I ordered a second-hand MacBook air (in Dec 2023) and when I got it I could use my apple account. Some months afterwards, I had to to reset the laptop and now am stuck. There is an email associated to the laptop. I guess the previous user has ...

s-l1600.jpg

Resolved! I was charged extra by Fedex - who is to blame eBay or the seller ?

I have bought an item with shipping through "eBay International Shipping". VAT and all shipping charges should have been included in that. Despite this, a few weeks after delivery Fedex has sent me an invoice for VAT and some administrative shipping ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors