cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBAY HELP! WHY PARTIAL REFUNDS?!?

The buyer is only issuing partial refunds for lost merchandise and I want to know if this is policy that eBay intends to tolerate. If so, it is the end of my association with the platform.  For a $10.65 item, I was only reimbursed $5. 39, no explanations, case closed. When I tried to contact the buyer, I get an “oops!” try again later message. I don’t come to eBay for the disappointment of merchandise that doesn’t arrive, only for this to be compounded with a rip-off of my credit card. Until there’s satisfaction, I’m done here. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@ookey2397,

Did you file an item not received (INR) dispute, or just contact the seller about the missing merchandise?  If all you did was to message them, you opened yourself up to being scammed.  Had you opened a dispute you would have received a full refund if the seller couldn't prove an item was delivered.   If you didn't file a dispute, do that now, and if it doesn't work at first, File an appeal where you can actually write in what happened and the amount of the refund you received. That should have ebay refunding the rest of the purchase price S&H and sales tax, out of the seller's account.

As someone who spends a lot of time on these boards and has to check many feedback profiles daily, you didn't have to post the seller's whole user name because I have seen problems with purchases from them many times over the years.

You have enough experience using ebay, that you should know by now to check each seller's feedback profile page before buying from them, and never go by one's feedback percentage alone.  I've actually posted a redacted version of that seller's profile several times, as a reason why profiles should be checked.  Yes they have a seemingly good percentage, but a very high number of negatives and even more neutrals.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@ookey2397 

< When I tried to contact [seller], I get an “oops!” try again later >    

I couldn't find a member with the username as you wrote it.  I did find one without the underline at the end.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@ookey2397 wrote:

For a $10.65 item, I was only reimbursed $5. 39, no explanations, case closed. 

Did you file an item not received (INR) dispute [...] ?

Had you opened a dispute you would have received a full refund if the seller couldn't prove an item was delivered. 

If we refrain the already-answered-in-the-OP questions, it could save us time gleaning wisdom from our winded replies.

@gosimus wrote:

< When I tried to contact [seller], I get an “oops!” try again later >    

I couldn't find a member with the username as you wrote it.  I did find one without the underline at the end. 

Perhaps add store after the underdash.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@teth_1615 wrote:

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@ookey2397 wrote:

For a $10.65 item, I was only reimbursed $5. 39, no explanations, case closed. 

Did you file an item not received (INR) dispute [...] ?

Had you opened a dispute you would have received a full refund if the seller couldn't prove an item was delivered. 

If we refrain the already-answered-in-the-OP questions, it could save us time gleaning wisdom from our winded replies.

The OP doesn't say if they opened an Item Not Received case or just contacted the seller.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

First - expect to be contacted by ebay for naming a user - rules do ban that practice.

Second - open a return request for item not received & use your actual buyer protection as described in your user account. DO NOT throw a temper tantrum for choosing to hot dog it & find out the world doesn't bend its knee to your way of operation within it.

Just follow the rules everyone else is subject to.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@kalyoth wrote:

First - expect to be contacted by ebay for naming a user - rules do ban that practice.

Second - open a return request for item not received & use your actual buyer protection as described in your user account. DO NOT throw a temper tantrum for choosing to hot dog it & find out the world doesn't bend its knee to your way of operation within it.

Just follow the rules everyone else is subject to.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply