cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! CHECK YOUR RETURN PREFERENCES YOU MAY HAVE BEEN OPTED INTO EBAYS MANAGED RETURNS

Return preferences
Do you want to use eBay’s return process?     Yes
Do you want to use your Return Merchandize Authorization (RMA) number instead of eBay’s unique return identifier?     Yes     
Do you receive returns at multiple addresses?     Yes    

Tried to DISABLE this crap, wont work.

I never enabled it, it was disabled, apparently this has happened to others as well.

More eFailbay problems...

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

WARNING! CHECK YOUR RETURN PREFERENCES YOU MAY HAVE BEEN OPTED INTO EBAYS MANAGED RETURNS

Im opted in...on this account only....im really not concerened about it...I like the idea that eBay does the work for me..return label, and forces the buyer timeline. So basically...if a case is filed against me or eBay supported "buyers remorse"...then I dont even need to tell the buyer "return for refund"...eBay does it for me. All I do is click a box, return addy and label PDF to the buyer..and no drama.

I have learned over the years that I have no control over this constant change...if eBay thinks its easier...then fine! I had to recently return an item where the seller was opted in...it was 1,2,3 easy...much easier then I have ever seen in the past. Total process from return to refund...4 days.

Unless im wrong about what I think it is...im good with it. I already offer "seller pays return" on sportscards...thats my confidence in my product level....its all about which boxes are checked in your listings...regarless of refund process...eBays, or self.

On my Priority parcels..I have "buyer pays return shipping"...so by opting in, the buyer has the option A:Pay shipping, or B:close the case....if they choose B...no feedback drama! (New rule)
If they choose A: Cross your fingers for a battle wound...wear it proud!

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

Not sure why A: popped up

I meant "option A"

Message 3 of 73
latest reply

Ebay called last week about that.A elderly lady who kept losing track of what she was saying kept trying to get me to sign up for it.I must have said 4x,,Thanks not at this time.She asked my reasons which I gave and said they are constantly working on improving the program so why not sign up now and everything should be changed over soon. I said until the areas I want are changed over I would not sign up for it,but would follow the reports on it.She wouldn't stop so I finally hung up on her and went and changed my setting to no more calls from ebay.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 4 of 73
latest reply

"On my Priority parcels..I have "buyer pays return shipping""

Uhh no you dont.
with ebay's managed returns YOU PAY SHIPPING.
every time.
any time someone wants to return for any reason
you get to pay for it.
Message 5 of 73
latest reply

No im sorry but your wrong...

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/managedreturns.html

I "choose" how I handle my returns...its not about me paying...its about a "hassle free" communication.

As long as the boxes are checked "buyer pays return shipping"..eBay automatically charges the BUYER from their paypal account....and supplys THEM a PDF label.

You are never required to pay for return shipping when opted in...its your choice per each listing.

Message 6 of 73
latest reply

Heres an example of my Priority option...read the return section..161077776031

And heres an example of my FCM "I pay return shipping"..option 151089202645

The main issue is return shipping "cost"...by opting in..and I choose to pay return shipping..I will never pay more than what the cost of shipping in my description is...my FCM is $2.49...therefore my return label PDF for the buyer will be FCM xxxounces equivelant to $2.49

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

@mintrobmint wrote:
No im sorry but your wrong...

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/managedreturns.html

I "choose" how I handle my returns...its not about me paying...its about a "hassle free" communication.

As long as the boxes are checked "buyer pays return shipping"..eBay automatically charges the BUYER from their paypal account....and supplys THEM a PDF label.

You are never required to pay for return shipping when opted in...its your choice per each listing.

Good to know mint,because that was one of the reasons I gave for not wanting to sign up yet and she said they were working on changing it.I had a feeling she didn't know all she was talking about.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 8 of 73
latest reply

Dont be confused about the section that reads..."Return shipping charges will be handled as specified in your return policy. Sellers are required to pay for return shipping if the buyer is returning the item based on it not being as described in the listing."

Because as long as the box "buyer pays return shipping" is checked...then this rule applies.."eBay will pay the carrier for return shipping charges directly and will charge the buyer's PayPal account if your policy specifies that the buyer pays for return shipping. If your policy states that you (the seller) pay for return shipping, the charge will appear as a fee on your next monthly seller invoice following a completed return."

Here is another safety net...

Message 9 of 73
latest reply

And no matter what...feedback & DSRs are protected...as long as you let eBay do all the work...eBay strongly avoids personal contact between buyer & seller...its a 100% automated return process...

JUST LIKE AMAZON! Hahaaaaa!

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

Whoops I double posted photo...sorry...I meant this one..

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

Ebay opted me in and it says "Yes" that I have multiple addresses .... but I don't have multiple addresses. Wonder where they got that?
Message 12 of 73
latest reply

Yep, an automatic opt in and no way to change it - so you either deal with it or not....and remember, you might not

get a voice the first time - but you get a "block bidder" name for the next go around.  Remember to use it if the

return is not warranted.

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

According to someone on another board, eBay/CS is aware of this problem and has acknowledged it is a glitch, which started on 8/9 - anyone want to volunteer to call CS to confirm thismischief emo.gif?

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 14 of 73
latest reply

@all*about*horses wrote:
Ebay opted me in and it says "Yes" that I have multiple addresses .... but I don't have multiple addresses. Wonder where they got that?

Managed_Returns4.jpg

Yup! Me too!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 15 of 73
latest reply