cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Besides our free listing monthly allotment....where did the free listings go?

OK...I get that if you have something to sell it's worth the listing fee...but I am just trying to figure out where the additional free listing offers went to? Since I have had a store I have not noticed any free listings for anything or items that I actually sell...the free listings that they offer are in certain categories that don't pertain to me.  Whatever happened to the 3000 free listings if listed in auction, or fixed price. Just general...I don't believe I have seen one in over a year...I have good feedback and try to do the customer a service...I ship foreign and domestic...insure items in case they have issues in shipment (over a certain amount)...any other sellers with a store notice this?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I get .01 listing offers all the time but only when I use up all my listings early in the month. They don't always email you to let you know, you have to look for them. Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

where do you find them? I used to go to site map and then click on the appropriate link...but they are not there anymore...I haven't even received those penny listings either...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I have been limiting myself by spreading out my allotment all month...lol...never tried using them up really fast...because when I did I didn't receive any extras..so I limited..

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I don't have a store, but I haven't been charged listing fees, either.  I miss the good old days when we had to pay for every listing, it kept all the junk/china sellers off the site and we all made more money then... the final fees were less because we were paying for every listing, and nearly every listing would sell, too.  I made a lot higher margins in those days.  Plus you could list "dutch" auctions... which would end in a bidding frenzy... it was just a lot more fun in those days.  These days, I sell more off-site on Reverb than I do here.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@theguitarpartsguy wrote:

I don't have a store, but I haven't been charged listing fees, either.  I miss the good old days when we had to pay for every listing, it kept all the junk/china sellers off the site and we all made more money then... the final fees were less because we were paying for every listing, and nearly every listing would sell, too.  I made a lot higher margins in those days.

Amen.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I just went to look to tell you where to go and I had a message for 100 free listings. I still have 200 listings for the month too. If you go to "Seller Tools" and then to "view my ebay selling", sometimes they are listed in the spot where your used listings are tallied. I also have not sold a thing this month.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The moves that led to eBay's downfall...

. Forcing Sellers to use Paypal

. Buy It Now

. Best Match

. 99 cent listings

. 50 Free Listings

. 100 Free Listings

. 500 Free listings

. 1000 Free Listings

. 5000 Free Listings

. 50,000 Free Listings

. 100,000 Free Listings

eBay took an absolutely brilliant sales model and in it's demented desire to be the highest 'Traffic' site, instead of the highest value/quality site, it threw it's sellers under the bus and devalued the very items that used to sell on a regular basis. If a Buyer feels you are selling **bleep** for 99 cents, the bids dry up and the Buyers leave... the Buyers leave, then good Sellers leave and the good Buyers leave too. You are left with deadbeats, so eBay gives us "Buyer (deadbeat) Protection"... Free Listings led to millions of listings of items that belonged in a trash can. Items of value should be listed on other sites, not eBay, until they restore what once was... sadly, that ship sank with eBay at the helm.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Totally agree with BD...those 1000 free listings were a joke and did nothing but clog eBay with junk!

I heard a reference to eBay several times this last week on several different talk/news shows...all different subjects but eBay was always referred to when thinking/talking about an auction or sale of something that was unique or hard to find and not what anyone can pick up at your local dollar store or a big box store....I honestly don't understand why eBay doesn't tout the thing that made them famous! 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I remember 35cent listings in 2001....and everything was auction....and when I was moving and selling everything  before I moved a month earlier...it all sold...ALL of it...baby clothes and all...

but now I still want to know if any store sellers have noticed zero free listings since they owned a store...if they just don't give free listings to store owners....thinking of quitting the store because stuff just doesn't sell like it used to and I have at least a thousand things waiting which I will never get to because I am not paying per item when the stuff doesn't sell like it used to...

lol....my rummage sale is doing better selling the items...and I live in the country...and I get to keep all the money from it..don't make as much as I make selling it on here and its not junk just collectibles...

Message 10 of 10
latest reply