cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! CHECK YOUR RETURN PREFERENCES YOU MAY HAVE BEEN OPTED INTO EBAYS MANAGED RETURNS

Return preferences
Do you want to use eBay’s return process?     Yes
Do you want to use your Return Merchandize Authorization (RMA) number instead of eBay’s unique return identifier?     Yes     
Do you receive returns at multiple addresses?     Yes    

Tried to DISABLE this crap, wont work.

I never enabled it, it was disabled, apparently this has happened to others as well.

More eFailbay problems...

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: WARNING! CHECK YOUR RETURN PREFERENCES YOU MAY HAVE BEEN OPTED INTO EBAYS MANAGED RETURNS

I was new here not long ago, and this has pretty much ruined it for me.
I thought this was a GOOD place one of the few boards where you could post without a troll attacking you.
seems I was mistaken.

and I never made any predictions, that was YOU.
I never said anything about this being "the end of ebay"
that was YOU.
Message 61 of 73
latest reply

Re: WARNING! CHECK YOUR RETURN PREFERENCES YOU MAY HAVE BEEN OPTED INTO EBAYS MANAGED RETURNS

@adf07bid wrote:
"You have to understand, if I had a buck every time I read about how this new policy or that new rule will bring about the demise of eBay I would retire to 2M2M's beach house, quite a wealthy man."

Who said that this would "bring about the demise of ebay" ?

I think you both need a couple of weeks at my place, 
just to

take the edge off, I'll leave the liquor cabinet unlocked.

The key's in the conch shell, come on in.  photo sunglassessmiley.gif 

2m2m home.jpg

photo 519e5209-c528-4c09-8b05-8297b043a016.jpg Gone, but not forgotten...

Message 62 of 73
latest reply

I'll volunteer to cook and do the laundrysilly tongue emo.gif

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 63 of 73
latest reply

2M2M Hidy
DEAL NO TAKE BACKS!!!!
Message 64 of 73
latest reply

Thanks for the warning. I changed my settings but it took a day to update. I mostly have sold video games and don't want young teens/early 20's being encouraged to play and beat the game and then use some quick easy automated system to send it back to me.

Message 65 of 73
latest reply

I'm not gamestop, I can't afford to lend games to people for weeks and then just accept them back at my cost.

Message 66 of 73
latest reply

Glitch has been fixed - all settings should be as you originally set them!

Spoiler
Countdown to next glitch - 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 ............

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 67 of 73
latest reply

Yep I just opted out of this program I noticed that I was having items sent back as not as described  which forces me to pay return shipping just had a buyer return 2 books as defective after 13 days another shipping charge on me and buyers are getting lazy instead of emailing with questions after a purchase the new 

hassle-free returns Policy 

makes it too easy to open a case instead of just a quick email which could solve most problems that arise 

just my .02

Darron
Message 68 of 73
latest reply

@thearttist wrote:

just had a buyer return 2 books as defective after 13 days

just my .02

2 weeks... That is about how long it took to read the books, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 69 of 73
latest reply

I would much rather have Ebay handle my returns for me, not to mention they apparently are doing quite the good job.

Message 70 of 73
latest reply

Exactly. 

Im still trying to figure how a book is defective 

maybe the buyer thought the story sucked 

LOL 

Darron
Message 71 of 73
latest reply

@adf07bid wrote:
CSR says Managed Returns will be MANDATORY for all sellers in October.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Clothing-Shoes-Accessories/CSR-says-Managed-Returns-will-be-MANDATORY-f...

2014?

I refrained from posting Chicken Little. If everyone knew how many times I read about the latest Doomesday policy.....

knew 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 72 of 73
latest reply

Just my 2 cents on RETURN PREFERENCES 

Doesn't fit- may or may not be good reason

Changed my mind – Not good

Found a better price – not good

Just didn't like it – not good

Ordered by mistake – not good

Doesn't work or defective - good

Doesn't match description or photos - good

Wrong item sent - good

Missing parts or pieces -good

Arrived damaged – good (dam post office)

Doesn't seem authentic - Maybe

Arrived too late – due to you - good. Post office – not good

Message 73 of 73
latest reply