cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! CHECK YOUR RETURN PREFERENCES YOU MAY HAVE BEEN OPTED INTO EBAYS MANAGED RETURNS

Return preferences
Do you want to use eBay’s return process?     Yes
Do you want to use your Return Merchandize Authorization (RMA) number instead of eBay’s unique return identifier?     Yes     
Do you receive returns at multiple addresses?     Yes    

Tried to DISABLE this crap, wont work.

I never enabled it, it was disabled, apparently this has happened to others as well.

More eFailbay problems...

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

WARNING! CHECK YOUR RETURN PREFERENCES YOU MAY HAVE BEEN OPTED INTO EBAYS MANAGED RETURNS

Honda...the sky fell last summer....duh..!

This is the black hole!

BTW...how many SNADs does it take to screw in a lightbulb..? Wait...am I allowed to post the work screw when im referring to actual screwing...as in twist..?

Message 46 of 73
latest reply

@adf07bid wrote:
Honda, Read this thread.
if the buyer claims SNAD, the Seller pays return shipping.
I did not embellish anything, that is how it works

I have.

@adf07bid wrote:
"On my Priority parcels..I have "buyer pays return shipping""

Uhh no you dont.
with ebay's managed returns YOU PAY SHIPPING.
every time.
any time someone wants to return for any reason
you get to pay for it.

Chicken_Little

The sky is falling!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 47 of 73
latest reply

if I wanted to be attacked by ebay cheerleaders, I could have just as well gone to SC for that...
I posted this to let everyone know what was going on, not to be ridiculed.
Message 48 of 73
latest reply

@adf07bid wrote:
if I wanted to be attacked by ebay cheerleaders, I could have just as well gone to SC for that...
I posted this to let everyone know what was going on, not to be ridiculed.

Well, it did seem to get lots of folks checking on the policy who might otherwise not have even noticed it so that part worked.

As to not wanting to be attacked - I think the jury is still out on that part but since I think I'm the only hard core cheerleader who has replied, do you mean everyone who didn't agree with you?

I sorta like the managed returns thing but only because it matches pretty well with what I am doing and it will be nice to automate yet another facet of s

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 49 of 73
latest reply

I am by no means an eBay cheerleader! I was one of the FIRST attacked PayPal hold victims in 2008...try having your funds held for 90 days and fork out $2000 every month in personal shipping cost! Back then I primarily sold model kits on another account with an average shipping charge of $12-15 a pop. That was in the days BEFORE PayPal allowed the release of a % for shipping!

Abid...Hondas Chicken Little was at ME & another poster who no longer posts here anymore...it was an undercover joke from a post almost exactly 1 year ago that started a mini war here...those days are long over...but the old regulars here remember the thread...it was about another rant of mine and how eBay has changed...please dont take that post personal....

Message 50 of 73
latest reply

"do you mean everyone who didn't agree with you?"

Wrong.
I mean the person who not once, but twice, made fun of my comments calling me chicken little.
that is not disagreeing with someone, that is being childish.
if you dont agree with me, thats great.
but dont name call people.
Message 51 of 73
latest reply

mint, WHAT????
he reposted MY comments each time.
how on earth could that be directed at you?
:S
Message 52 of 73
latest reply

Read the bottom of Post #42 very carefully..under the stupid chicken...

Basically...Honda is bored and nobody has called him an **bleep** in awile...so he wants to hear it from you now...hahaaa!

ETA for poofed post: 14,13,12,11,10,9....

Message 53 of 73
latest reply

yes, I already read that mint, that is where he falsely accused me of saying this was going to be the end of ebay, then proceeded to accuse me of embellishing, and then more chicken little stuff... pretty sure this was all directed at me.
if he wants to disagree with me, great.
but he can do it without being insulting about it.
Message 54 of 73
latest reply

In case anyone's interested, those who had opted-out are opted out again. Amazing that what was suppose to be a 30-90 day fix turned out to be only 2 days (after multiple gripings to CS.) How long this will last though...????

So yesterday I posted my settings were changed to yes and I couldn't change it to No.

Managed_Returns7.jpg

So I check this morning as MMM suggested and guess what? I didn't have to do anything!

Managed_Returns6.jpg

@ aBid. I used the sky is falling analogy because as I posted I've seen this all before, now you have. Millions of accounts were not opted into managed returns were they? So before you post an ALL CAPS title of eBay's nefarious, underhanded and behind our backs wrong doing, take a breath and do some research.

Which I have. It may well be that eBay will require managed returns if you have a return policy, which I do. It also looks like sellers that have a no returns policy will not. It also seems a buyer that wants to return an item will have choices and if they choose "item description" and you take returns you will have to pay return S&H up to what you paid if it was through eBay/PayPal shipping. It also looks like the buyer will only have your set return time to initiate and return item (I assume this is for non-snad returns.):

A lenient return policy can work in your favor. If the item still arrives within your return time frame, we recommend you issue the refund. However, if the buyer doesn't ship the item within 5 business days of initiating a return, you're not obligated to issue a refund.

So if eBay is going to make it mandatory that if you accept returns you embrace managed returns what are we going to do? Get our undies in a bunch or figure out a way to work it to our advantage?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 56 of 73
latest reply

Maybe I like my panties in a bunchSmiley Wink.

Looks like ebay is following another popular online seller in their return process.  Although with the other place, you have no option but to take returns.  It's not been a problem for me over there yet.  Although last year I sold some pretty heavy pieces of exercise equipement that had me sweating it out for a couple of months.  Not sure if I'll do that again.  

My advice would be to not sell anything expensive to ship unless you have a huge profit margin.  If you are an excellent seller, you can pretty much build returns into your price.  Add 25 to 50 cents to each listing and build yourself up a little refund insurance fund.

Hey, afbid...don't get too offended by anything anyone says here.  Many of the long time regulars have a dry wit and can razz each other pretty good.  If Mint says that Honda is referring to him about chicken little...then he is.    I happen to agree with you that there are going to be a lot more SNAD's all of the sudden.  But, I can also see how it could be better for ebay as a whole.  As I said, the other place does it and they are very sucessful with many profitable sellers.

Message 57 of 73
latest reply

My "Chicken Little" analogy is just that, an example of hysteria over an actual or perceived issue, used previously as Minty pointed out.

AN ALL CAPS TITLE with posts:

@adf07bid wrote:

More eFailbay problems...

@adf07bid wrote:
"On my Priority parcels..I have "buyer pays return shipping""

Uhh no you dont.
with eBay's managed returns YOU PAY SHIPPING.
every time.
any time someone wants to return for any reason
you get to pay for it.

Both of which proved to be inaccurate. If replies do not disprove such posts others will read this and run to another forum and post it as fact, as aBid did after they read the hiccup about it on another forum.

Message 58 of 73
latest reply

Here's my one complaint if this all becomes mandatory - the more they force standardization, the harder it is to distinguish yourself as a seller from the rest of the pack.  It's becuase of that forced standardization that I don't enjoy selling at the other place, and why I find it hard to compete . . . I prefer to distinguish myself via great customer service.

The world doesn't need another river.

ok - off my soapbox!

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei 😄
Message 59 of 73
latest reply

@adf07bid wrote:

Honda you are the only Hysterical poster here, and its going to ruin the board for anyone new who comes here and does not want to put up with this.

More wild eyed predictions? You have proof I'm going to ruin the board for Newbie's?

It's an open forum, anyone can choose to leave, even those that have been here for years.

Message 60 of 73
latest reply